Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't know if you still visit John, but......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 139 Guests

Don't know if you still visit John, but......

This thread currently has 4,672 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 1, 2014, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,789
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Garth

Would be nice if you could just name one or at least their initials

Agree. And if there are THAT many, surely a consortium would come together and buy the club!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Garth

Would be nice if you could just name one or at least their initials

But would they absolve the club's debt AND invest?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
Marinerz93
October 1, 2014, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Don't know if you still visit John, but......

Can I have some of those happy pills (if they are legal) you were offering earlier on in the season and maybe have a drive of your Aston Martin because I am not happy with how things are currently looking and need cheering up.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
Quagmire
October 1, 2014, 5:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Agree. And if there are THAT many, surely a consortium would come together and buy the club!!

People have gone over this multiple times.  

Why should an individual or consortium have to hand over £3m to cover the debt accrued by JF's total mismanagement of the club and financial incompetence?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Marinerz93
October 1, 2014, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Quagmire

Why should an individual or consortium have to hand over £3m to cover the debt accrued by JF's total mismanagement of the club and financial incompetence?

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2hs6ccw.jpg[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Why should they? Because JF wants them to

Why would they? Because they've either got money to burn or they are so fed up with the above.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
ivanosandwich
October 1, 2014, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If you do ever pass this way, I can assure that the levels of frustration amongst the BP faithful are as high as I've ever known. I sat in an area that is not my normal area last night and to me the most damning quote I heard was 'We've stopped looking like a League club in the Conference, we look like we'll be here forever'.

Two things that struck me from that were, one, that it hit the nail on the head and two, that a new stadium is pointless. Performances like that are not a new phenomenon - many games last season relied on hit and hope to LJL and hope that we get lucky. It wasn't that we didn't know the opposition either. We all know that Clayton has the turning circle of a multi thousand ton oil tanker yet we never exploited it.

It was my first game of the season last night but those around me said we'd only really performed against Alfreton and Chester. Well sorry, if you want to get of this league, games against Southport, Nuneaton and Dover are 'must-win' - nothing less. The sort of games that were a given for the likes of Luton last season, Mansfield the season previous etc.

What does the manager do at half-time? I know it's a leading question but everyone around me could see that it needed a change, system or personnel or both.

My question to you is this : Do you really believe that Paul Hurst WILL take GTFC back to the league? I don't need to add my opinion, that's clear but there are a large number of fans, full-time/part-time/stay-aways who are getting mighty fed up with the sort of intransigent crap that was served up last night. No-one said promotion back to the league would be easy but it's looking further away than ever, especially with a squad that won't be here in 12 months time, and that's a pretty unpalatable truth.

In principle, I don't disagree with what you have said here, but you certainly have a lot to say for yourself and have done for many weeks for someone who not seen the team play this season until last night.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ivanosandwich

In principle, I don't disagree with what you have said here, but you certainly have a lot to say for yourself and have done for many weeks for someone who not seen the team play this season until last night.

I've been watching Town for 45 years and have been a season-ticket holder when finances and other commitments allow. I prefer to play golf on a Saturday in the summer and watch Town at night/in the winter - not that I have to justify my right to have an opinion. Is that alright with you?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
grimsby pete
October 1, 2014, 7:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ivanosandwich

When you read how we have played against Dover, Nuneaton and now Southport , teams we should beat at home  if we want promotion,

You do not have to attend a game to know , it was not good enough.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
promotion plaice
October 1, 2014, 7:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,001
Gold Stars: 192

I've been watching Town for 45 years and have been a season-ticket holder when finances and other commitments allow. I prefer to play golf on a Saturday in the summer and watch Town at night/in the winter - not that I have to justify my right to have an opinion. Is that alright with you?

We are all passionate about the Mariners but let's not take our frustrations out on each other, it's others that aren't delivering the type of performances this club deserves, not the fans.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't know if you still visit John, but......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.