2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
September 28, 2014, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
By Chris Doig. PH stung by criticism of his communications style, perhaps?

https://audioboom.com/boos/251.....t-blundell-park-gtfc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
September 28, 2014, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
He has given the sort of after match speech we have been looking for.  His short pre match speech for the next game contained what I said needed to be said weeks ago and Doig should give all the spiel from now on.  Far more positive and at the end I personally felt more confident in the direction we want to go in.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Maringer
September 28, 2014, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
Christ on a bike. It was just another interview full of the usual platitudes as there was absolutely nothing interesting to say after an easy victory with no elements of controversy at all. He answered the questions sensibly and made sensible comments about the match - pretty much the same as you get week-in, week-out following a good result.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is absolutely bloody ridiculous the way in which some seek to criticise Hurst for utterly banal interviews. Doig's interview was utterly banal as well yet he's getting praised for some bizarre reason? FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Marinerz93
September 28, 2014, 11:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Christ on a bike. It was just another interview full of the usual platitudes as there was absolutely nothing interesting to say after an easy victory with no elements of controversy at all. He answered the questions sensibly and made sensible comments about the match - pretty much the same as you get week-in, week-out following a good result.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is absolutely bloody ridiculous the way in which some seek to criticise Hurst for utterly banal interviews. Doig's interview was utterly banal as well yet he's getting praised for some bizarre reason? FFS.

Hilarious.

FFS

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
LH
September 28, 2014, 11:57am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Not good enough. I like post match interviews to show tunes or in poetic form.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
barralad
September 28, 2014, 12:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from LH
Not good enough. I like post match interviews to show tunes or in poetic form.

We are as one. I've written a strong letter demanding iambic pentameters or at the very least rhyming couplets. I suppose you have to reach the dizzy heights of League 2 before considering the haiku....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Abdul19
September 28, 2014, 12:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
I've not listened to it yet but I imagine the following phrases are used because all football interviews are the same:

'for me'
'kick on'
'the group'
'game management'
'go again'

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
RoboCod
September 28, 2014, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I hear Mr Doig didn't even wear a tie for this radio interview!? Usual slap-happy GTFC, I despair.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
September 28, 2014, 3:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19
I've not listened to it yet but I imagine the following phrases are used because all football interviews are the same:

'for me'
'kick on'
'the group'
'game management'
'go again'

Lol,
None of those but but a few I picked out were:

"Credit to the lads"
"first and foremost" x 2
"work hard"
"Time will tell"
"touchwood"
"wins on the board"
"3 points and a clean sheet"
"we now move on" (close !)
"Show the same commitment and workrate"

Lol not a pisstake though it was a very accurate interview IMO.
I've a vision of Doig doing the interview only for him to rip off his mask at the end and it being Hurst.  
Reply: 8 - 18
oldun
September 28, 2014, 5:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Dour Yorkshireman swapped for a dour Scot, nothing wrong with either really. I though he could have been a bit more upbeat after the performance yesterday, but said we played well in parts. He did however answer the predictable questions, so what else can you do? Tell a few jokes!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.