September 20, 2014, 7:08pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Badger57
September 20, 2014, 7:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
I can;t bear to listen to him anymore!
Please tell me that he didn't think we played really well and deserved the win!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
cmackenzie4
September 20, 2014, 7:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Thanks for that TC.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
MrsMariner
September 20, 2014, 7:20pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Why all the negativity about Paul Hursts interviews, do Scunthorpe fans complain about how Wilcox sounds cos to me there's not much diffarence, he's giving a radio interview for christs sake not a stand up comedy routine, give the guy a break
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Grimal
September 20, 2014, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Badger57
I can;t bear to listen to him anymore!
Please tell me that he didn't think we played really well and deserved the win!  

If you can't bear to listen to him,why the hell are you asking what he said in his interview ?.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Maringer
September 20, 2014, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
A reasonable and completely sensible interview. Nothing controversial to talk about (Nsiala shouldn't have been booked, apparently) and not much information as to whether or not any of the injured players will be back for next weekend.

What the heck is going on with Arnold? That's what I'd like to know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Meza
September 20, 2014, 8:18pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,633
Gold Stars: 50
He came to us on loan injured didn't he?  Then was deemed fit but had a bad reaction and was injured again.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
MuddyWaters
September 20, 2014, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Maringer
A reasonable and completely sensible interview. Nothing controversial to talk about (Nsiala shouldn't have been booked, apparently) and not much information as to whether or not any of the injured players will be back for next weekend.

I think we'd all like to know
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
GrimRob
September 20, 2014, 8:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Good interview, has a little dig at the doubters and can you blame him? But at the end of the day it's what he says to the players that matters not what he says to the press. He clearly gets along with the players as so many of them re-signed in the summer.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 24
TAGG
September 20, 2014, 8:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MrsMariner
Why all the negativity about Paul Hursts interviews, do Scunthorpe fans complain about how Wilcox sounds cos to me there's not much diffarence, he's giving a radio interview for christs sake not a stand up comedy routine, give the guy a break

Dont expect a comedian but hes fooking boring. Wish hed stop sniffing and blow his nose.
Why didnt Tondeur ask him if the first thing they were going to do in training after their day off on Monday was practise corners and free kicks until they can get them right.

Great result today after being under the kosh for so long  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
MuddyWaters
September 20, 2014, 9:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob
Good interview, has a little dig at the doubters and can you blame him? But at the end of the day it's what he says to the players that matters not what he says to the press. He clearly gets along with the players as so many of them re-signed in the summer.

What was good about it? JT didn't ask about Arnold or why Dizz is preferred to Paddy. PH moans about fans having scapegoats whilst he seems to have some of his own.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
Chrisblor
September 20, 2014, 9:14pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Maringer

I saw him outside the ground chatting away to another supporter before kick off. He looked reasonably content? I honestly think he's just been unlucky with injuries.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
RichMariner
September 20, 2014, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What was good about it? JT didn't ask about Arnold or why Dizz is preferred to Paddy. PH moans about fans having scapegoats whilst he seems to have some of his own.

It's clear that Paddy wants to play in the centre, but at the minute he's behind Brown, Clay and Disley. It's a shame because the fans can see he's a good player. I can see him remaining a bit-part player for the rest of the season, and then being released in the summer.

He's never been given a good run in the side, in his favoured position. He's in and out, on the wing, on the left of a midfield three, then at left back. He'll never be able to find some rhythm and consistency when he's being used like that.

Still, I'm sure Hurst will say it's for the good of the team.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Badger57
September 20, 2014, 9:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Grimal

If you can't bear to listen to him,why the hell are you asking what he said in his interview ?.

Err,  I said please DON'T tell me!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
GrimRob
September 20, 2014, 9:43pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He can only answer the questions he was asked, and I am sure he would be happy to give you answer to those questions. I was interested in the answers he gave about the new players and why he had brought them to the club mainly.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 24
September 20, 2014, 10:01pm
Guest User
I prefer Paddy to Disley but when you are up against a physical battle in the midfield then I would have Disley in there just for the fact he won't get bullied off the ball as much as Paddy and he wins a lot of headers in that centre mid area. We all know Lincoln and Halifax are both physical teams so that is probably why Hurst opted to put him in there and Tondeur commented on Kidderminster's height in there team so that is probably why he did the same today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Paddy back in the squad next weekend as Steve Burrs sides are known to play football on the floor which will suit us better. Also Paddy cant play in a 2 in centre mid as shown last year, he doesn't have the energy, legs or strength to play there in a two but in a 3 it offers more help and protection along with a 5. Some people will say we should be playing to our strengths and not be worried about others but we have to show respect to our opponents otherwise they will find a way of getting points of us.
Reply: 15 - 24
Maringer
September 20, 2014, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

I saw him outside the ground chatting away to another supporter before kick off. He looked reasonably content? I honestly think he's just been unlucky with injuries.

I agree that we've been a little unlucky with the injuries. However, the failure to get more than 3 strikers on the books come the start of the season (Connell excluded) was a bad mistake.

Good to see Oates doing well today. Wonder if he'll get a start next game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
chaos33
September 20, 2014, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from 1739
I prefer Paddy to Disley but when you are up against a physical battle in the midfield then I would have Disley in there just for the fact he won't get bullied off the ball as much as Paddy and he wins a lot of headers in that centre mid area. We all know Lincoln and Halifax are both physical teams so that is probably why Hurst opted to put him in there and Tondeur commented on Kidderminster's height in there team so that is probably why he did the same today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Paddy back in the squad next weekend as Steve Burrs sides are known to play football on the floor which will suit us better. Also Paddy cant play in a 2 in centre mid as shown last year, he doesn't have the energy, legs or strength to play there in a two but in a 3 it offers more help and protection along with a 5. Some people will say we should be playing to our strengths and not be worried about others but we have to show respect to our opponents otherwise they will find a way of getting points of us.

You say Paddy can't 'play in a 2 in centre mid', but how do we know? When has that ever really been tried? We tend not to play a 2 anyway this season.  You feel that he doesn't have the 'energy, legs or strength' to be able to play that role, but can we say that Disley does? You'll see a lot more 'legs' and 'energy' from McLaughlin than you will from Disley. What does Disley have over Paddy? Answer  - more experience and better in the air. That's it. Every other aspect - they are equal or Paddy is better.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
moosey_club
September 21, 2014, 12:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from GrimRob

He can only answer the questions he was asked, and I am sure he would be happy to give you answer to those questions. I was interested in the answers he gave about the new players and why he had brought them to the club mainly.

Yes. His reasoning for Parslow, ie to cover injury and potential suspensions (Toto) made me think and also he reasoned why Oates didnt start, all feasible and well put i thought.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
forza ivano
September 21, 2014, 1:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Whilst I can't believe that someone has managed to turn a perfectly balanced reasonable interview into an anti hurst thread some interesting points . Disley left me distinctly underwhelmed today, yet his headers and safe if slow passing was preferable to the ten minutes by paddy which showed me exactly why he's not in the team.seemed slow immobile and he's patently unable to tackle or defend to the same level as Disley clay or brown. My guess is that he's a luxury player, a bit like Boshell. He needs time to be good but at this level you're not allowed time. Over a year in and I've still to see him put in an above average performance
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
Mrs Doyle
September 21, 2014, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thought it was a sensible honest interview when things don't go right you need a calm head he as brought two players in giving the reasons why. No knee jerk reactions needed at this stage, To my mind the two players made a great start and if Oats can finish better than the shop I would be looking to get him on a longer loan or even a contract if possible. When our players are fit and playing well we can beat anyone in this league I still honestly believe we have the best side since we have been down here. I ay gree about Disley he frustrates the hell out of me, slow of thought and sometimes gives away sloppy balls in dangerous areas but also scores vital goals and gets his foot in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
oldun
September 21, 2014, 10:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Sounded like a fair and reasonable interview to me. He answered the questions in a straight forward way, explained why he did not make substitutions earlier and gave his reasons for bringing in the new players. Given the injuries to key forward players I think he has managed a difficult situation well. OK we would all like to see a few more points on the board and I am sure PH would too, but 4 points from two difficult away games in a week is pretty good going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Richard Cranium
September 21, 2014, 11:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Disley scores goals. That is why he is preferred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Maringer
September 21, 2014, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
To be fair, Paddy knows where the net is given the chance (though not quite as much as Disley).

I think Disley has been in the team recently mostly for his aerial ability because we've certainly faced some very big and direct teams over the past 4 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
September 22, 2014, 11:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer

I agree that we've been a little unlucky with the injuries. However, the failure to get more than 3 strikers on the books come the start of the season (Connell excluded) was a bad mistake.

Sure you remember our chat when you said we should bring a striker in and I said we should wait until the injuries hit.

Was it a bad mistake ?
Far as I can see, Hurst brought a player in who scored after minutes on the pitch.
Saw people complain about Hannah v Halifax but even if we got someone in sooner, they'd be coming in with little or zero game time.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what massive difference it makes.

And if you're right, how far do you go ?
Every position runs the risk of player(s) getting injured, you could end up with zero injuries and a huge squad to cover all eventualities.
Let's face it, it's down to saving the budget and personally think it's a +ve result all round.
We've saved money AND hopefully got quality (certainly already had a return)
Good anticipation from you & well done GTFC IMO.

Quoted from Maringer
Good to see Oates doing well today. Wonder if he'll get a start next game?

No idea how good he is but can't quite see it.
Perhaps he could play 60 mins but Hannah and LJL have more experience playing together.

As for Paddy, he's scored but also been guilty of missing a few very good chances.
Had Disley missed them god knows what the reaction would have been.
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post Match Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.