This thread currently has 4,110 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
September 21, 2014, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thought it was a sensible honest interview when things don't go right you need a calm head he as brought two players in giving the reasons why. No knee jerk reactions needed at this stage, To my mind the two players made a great start and if Oats can finish better than the shop I would be looking to get him on a longer loan or even a contract if possible. When our players are fit and playing well we can beat anyone in this league I still honestly believe we have the best side since we have been down here. I ay gree about Disley he frustrates the hell out of me, slow of thought and sometimes gives away sloppy balls in dangerous areas but also scores vital goals and gets his foot in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
oldun
September 21, 2014, 10:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Sounded like a fair and reasonable interview to me. He answered the questions in a straight forward way, explained why he did not make substitutions earlier and gave his reasons for bringing in the new players. Given the injuries to key forward players I think he has managed a difficult situation well. OK we would all like to see a few more points on the board and I am sure PH would too, but 4 points from two difficult away games in a week is pretty good going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Richard Cranium
September 21, 2014, 11:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Disley scores goals. That is why he is preferred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Maringer
September 21, 2014, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
To be fair, Paddy knows where the net is given the chance (though not quite as much as Disley).

I think Disley has been in the team recently mostly for his aerial ability because we've certainly faced some very big and direct teams over the past 4 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
September 22, 2014, 11:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer

I agree that we've been a little unlucky with the injuries. However, the failure to get more than 3 strikers on the books come the start of the season (Connell excluded) was a bad mistake.

Sure you remember our chat when you said we should bring a striker in and I said we should wait until the injuries hit.

Was it a bad mistake ?
Far as I can see, Hurst brought a player in who scored after minutes on the pitch.
Saw people complain about Hannah v Halifax but even if we got someone in sooner, they'd be coming in with little or zero game time.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what massive difference it makes.

And if you're right, how far do you go ?
Every position runs the risk of player(s) getting injured, you could end up with zero injuries and a huge squad to cover all eventualities.
Let's face it, it's down to saving the budget and personally think it's a +ve result all round.
We've saved money AND hopefully got quality (certainly already had a return)
Good anticipation from you & well done GTFC IMO.

Quoted from Maringer
Good to see Oates doing well today. Wonder if he'll get a start next game?

No idea how good he is but can't quite see it.
Perhaps he could play 60 mins but Hannah and LJL have more experience playing together.

As for Paddy, he's scored but also been guilty of missing a few very good chances.
Had Disley missed them god knows what the reaction would have been.
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post Match Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.