Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Kidderminster (a)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, dapperz fun pub and 221 Guests

Match Thread - Kidderminster (a)

This thread currently has 27,648 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 20, 2014, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from GrimRob
Town had one shot on target according to the BBC.

That's all it takes  

I'd hate to lose the the single, solitary strike on our goal, at home, after we've had good possession...oh hang on!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 223
Vance Warner
September 20, 2014, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,787
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from jonnyboy82

6 wins in 20 games going back to end of last season  ,is that a big enough picture ?

No not really because it doesn't take into account who we've played and the problems we've had with injuries. You've also just chosen the last 20 games to suit your argument. His win % since taking sole charge is 47% which gives a slightly bigger picture. To get an even bigger picture this is better than any other manger we've had in the past 10 years.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't you on here apologising for your criticisms of Hurst and giving him your backing two weeks ago? You seem to change your mind a lot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 223
Nelly GTFC
September 20, 2014, 5:55pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
4 points out of 6 away from home, I've not got faith in Hurst, didn't listen but sounds like we played poo?  Hurst brings on someone nobody had heard of upto signing him and grabs a winner away from home with the only shot on target, nothing to grumble about at all.

Take every game as it comes, stranger things have happend, but two results like this away from home can spur a teams confidence on.

I bet the likes of Fleetwood, Mansfield etc had crap games and got thrashed or sneaked a good win, still got promoted... like I say can't grumble at all.

The Torquay game is a thing of the past, fingers crossed we get some players back this week and we push on.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 223
nickmariners
September 20, 2014, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +515
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82

If only some could see the bigger picture..

yes we won and he lives to fight another day...

We rely on you for your excellent support, far-sighted vision and discerning insights, the rest of us are just plain daft.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 223
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 20, 2014, 6:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
If we play crap for 80 minutes and win it 1-0, I suppose we ought to be happy.

Oh well. 3 points is 3 points. Time will tell.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 223
jonnyboy82
September 20, 2014, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from nickmariners

We rely on you for your excellent support, far-sighted vision and discerning insights, the rest of us are just plain daft.

Thanks and no I wouldn't say you are all plain daft.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 223
nickmariners
September 20, 2014, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +515
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Meza
This might sound really bad but I want us to lose so that clueless clown loses his job.

"Supporters' " forum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 223
KingstonMariner
September 20, 2014, 6:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good 3 points today.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 223
jimgtfc
September 20, 2014, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
Great result that! Fair play to PH delivered 2 good results when the pressure was on. Roll on Saturday!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 223
Madeleymariner
September 20, 2014, 6:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Just got back, we created very little and could easily have lost and yes their keeper did not have to make a save. Oates knows where the goal is excellent turn and finish, but v unfit, could hardly run in the last 5 mins. I also laughed when there commentator said they played us off the park. Apart from Gash missing an open goal just before half time, the only pressure we were under was the last 10 mins with them just slinging it into the box from all angles to there big centre forwards/midfielders. Ref was typically rubbish made a lot of wrong decisions throughout the game for and against us.
Still we did what other teams seem to do to us so often get the goal with vitrtually there only chance. MOM Magnay again, Disley weakest link Im afraid, he did not play badly but just did not impose himself on the game at all unlike Clay who worked his socks off again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 223
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Kidderminster (a)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.