Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 2:48pm
TEAM: Kidderminster v #gtfc - McKeown, Nsiala, Pearson, Parslow, Magnay, Mackreth, Disley, Clay, Brown, Neilson, Hannah.

SUBS: Kidderminster v #gtfc - Bignot, Doig, Oates, Winfarrah, McLaughlin.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 1
So Ross Hannah who spent the entire game getting muscled off the ball at Halifax continues on his own up front. What's the point in signing another striker if he's just going to sit on the bench...?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Chrisblor
TEAM: Kidderminster v #gtfc - McKeown, Nsiala, Pearson, Parslow, Magnay, Mackreth, Disley, Clay, Brown, Neilson, Hannah.

SUBS: Kidderminster v #gtfc - Bignot, Doig, Oates, Winfarrah, McLaughlin.

Glad he has kept near enough the same side, time to show they can walk the walk.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 2:53pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Chrisblor
So Ross Hannah who spent the entire game getting muscled off the ball at Halifax continues on his own up front. What's the point in signing another striker if he's just going to sit on the bench...?

Im kind of happy he has, the new signing is 6 ft 1 so that would tempt the hurstball , they deserve to show if Tuesdays decent showing was not another one off.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Im kind of happy he has, the new signing is 6 ft 1 so that would tempt the hurstball , they deserve to show if Tuesdays decent showing was not another one off.

I'm at the game - Oates may be 6'1 but he's more of a bean pole than a target man. We massively lacked a physical  presence on Tuesday night - many moves broke down because Hannah couldn't hold the ball up.

Playing a 'bigger' striker doesn't mean we have to resort to hoofing it up if Hurst instructs the players to keep it on the deck.

Posted by: jimgtfc, September 20, 2014, 3:00pm; Reply: 5
Sounds very 4-5-1 to me  :-/
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 20, 2014, 3:02pm; Reply: 6
Paddy must be wondering what he's done wrong...
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:02pm; Reply: 7
seems it is a 4-5-1, neilson left and not in the central role like Tuesday.  :-/
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 20, 2014, 3:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm at the game - Oates may be 6'1 but he's more of a bean pole than a target man. We massively lacked a physical  presence on Tuesday night - many moves broke down because Hannah couldn't hold the ball up.

Playing a 'bigger' striker doesn't mean we have to resort to hoofing it up if Hurst instructs the players to keep it on the deck.

Many Town fans travelled to the game Chris?

UTM
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 3:05pm; Reply: 9
Seriously feel sorry for Paddy, been playing so good and then get's dropped.

wonder what's going through his head..
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 3:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner

Many Town fans travelled to the game Chris?

UTM

Probably about 300 or so. Hard to estimate from within the crowd!

Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from JMT
Seriously feel sorry for Paddy, been playing so good and then get's dropped.

wonder what's going through his head..

Probably get me to a club who plays me in my right position for starters..

such a waste.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:09pm; Reply: 12
Welling 1-0 Gateshead
Macclesfield 1-0 Southport
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 20, 2014, 3:09pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jonnyboy82

such a waste.

Agreed, so annoying. I remember him coming to BP with York in they're promotion season and he looked a class above. I remember actually thinking why can't we find a midfielder like that... Not being played/being played out of position seems such a waste of a player.
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 20, 2014, 3:11pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Chrisblor

Maybe he's not match fit yet
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:12pm; Reply: 15
Halifax 1-0 Telford
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:13pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariners_15

Agreed, so annoying. I remember him coming to BP with York in they're promotion season and he looked a class above. I remember actually thinking why can't we find a midfielder like that... Not being played/being played out of position seems such a waste of a player.

yep, he was and I was thinking exactly the same, we sign him and then never play him were he is effective, just quite bizarre.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:15pm; Reply: 17
Barnet 1-0 Altrincham

I think Barnet will be champions

Halifax gone 2 up

scunny 1 down
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:19pm; Reply: 18
Grimsby Town FC@officialgtfc16: McKeown and Styche are having a right ding-dong. Looks like the home striker took a swipe at the Town keeper 

#GTFC#KIDGRI3:15 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc14: Pearson penalised for a foul on Styche but Storer's free kick is far too long & goes out for a goal kick 

#GTFC #KIDGRI3:11 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc11: Brown with a cracking drive from distance, deflected wide for a corner

#GTFC #KIDGRI3:11 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc10: Neilson finds Hannah in the home third but with no support the Town striker hammers an effort well wide 

#GTFC #KIDGRI3:07 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc7: A free kick for the hosts is kept going. It eventually comes to Gash but his effort is well off target 

#GTFC #KIDGRI3:06 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc5: Nicholson has a chance from a free kick but it's along the ground and easy for Clay 

#GTFC#KIDGRI3:05 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc4: Neilson loses the ball to Johnson who powers forward but the #GTFC midfielder does well to track back & force a goal kick #KIDGRI
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 20, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Meza
Barnet 1-0 Altrincham

I think Barnet will be champions

Bit early to predict that isn't it ?
The last two games they have drawn with Telford, and then lost to Wrexham.
Nothing special, just had a reasonable start.

UTM
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 3:21pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from jonnyboy82

such a waste.

Yup
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 21
21: Clay has taken a whack on his forehead, Town down to ten whilst the midfielder receives treatment #GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 22
well seems to be long up to Hannah with him having no chance . FFS
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 3:23pm; Reply: 23
Have we learned anything from previous games?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 20, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 24
if your not at the game, like myself, how can you moan about the performance already ?

your listening to it on the radio and not actually there yet still moaning at hurst already
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 25
C,Mon Town, lets get in to em.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 26
JT says town need to look at the formation as they are doing nothing just lumping it forward.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from mariner tommy

Bit early to predict that isn't it ?
The last two games they have drawn with Telford, and then lost to Wrexham.
Nothing special, just had a reasonable start.

UTM

Errm no not really its a prediction thats all
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:26pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
if your not at the game, like myself, how can you moan about the performance already ?

your listening to it on the radio and not actually there yet still moaning at hurst already

moaning ?

its not moaning, its what the commentator who is at the game is saying,

he is there you know.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:26pm; Reply: 29
25: Hannah narrowly off target with a header after a great run and cross from Parslow #GTFC#KIDGRI
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 20, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 30
Our corners are appalling again.

UTM
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 31
Town shite at corners shocker.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 32
27: OFF THE LINE! McKeown does well to keep out Nicholson's free kick & then Pearson is there to clear Gash's effort off the line #GTFC

if my team were launching it forward id be going ape shi@t on the touch line
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 33
We sound all over the place here!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:30pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from chaos33
Have we learned anything from previous games?

yes, we like to play crap more than we like to play well.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:31pm; Reply: 35
29: Gash misses an open goal after McKeown saves from Johnson. The striker had an easy chance from 10 yards#GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 20, 2014, 3:32pm; Reply: 36
Very poor at the moment, we are all over the place.

UTM
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 20, 2014, 3:33pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from jonnyboy82

moaning ?

its not moaning, its what the commentator who is at the game is saying,

he is there you know.

but its his opinion ?

when the 'Just Back'  thread is made after the game, people have different opinions on how people played..
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 3:34pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I'm at the game. Hurst has got it wrong - we've been very poor. Hannah may as well not be on the pitch - any time the ball goes near him he loses it. Kidderminster look far more threatening.

Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Chrisblor

looks like a good shout going by what im hearing  :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:36pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

but its his opinion ?

when the 'Just Back'  thread is made after the game, people have different opinions on how people played..

well if you want to believe we are playing well you carry on believing...

Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:36pm; Reply: 41
Aldershot 1-0 Lincoln

32: Clay did really well to burst into the box but his lay off for the run of Disley is not strong enough #GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:37pm; Reply: 42
Torquay 1-0 Dover
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:38pm; Reply: 43
Eastleigh 1-0 Braintree

35: Styche finds space on the edge of the box but he blazes well wide of the target #GTFC#KIDGRI
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 20, 2014, 3:38pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from jonnyboy82

well if you want to believe we are playing well you carry on believing...

didn't say that, but i'm not sat on here moaning about the team
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 45
We played well against Halifax mainly because they couldn't cope with Neilson. He's having an off day so far meaning we look crap.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm at the game. Hurst has got it wrong - we've been very poor. Hannah may as well not be on the pitch - any time the ball goes near him he loses it. Kidderminster look far more threatening.

Similar to what John Tondeur is saying mate.
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Harry Haddock

Maybe he's not match fit yet

WTFs he doing here then?
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 48
37: Nice build up from Town sees Hannah get into the right channel & he crosses for Mackreth who puts wide under pressure #GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 49
Neilsons corner goes out of play ???

:B :B
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 3:42pm; Reply: 50
Corners are terrible again. The last one swung out for a goal kick before it even made it into the box.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:42pm; Reply: 51
Macclesfield 3-0 Southport
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 3:42pm; Reply: 52
So not only can we not score.

We can't take corners... when was the last time we had a player who could take a decent corner?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

didn't say that, but i'm not sat on here moaning about the team

well people just saying how it is, not moaning its the truth.

Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 54
41: Corner is a high looping one but it drifts out of play 

#GTFC#KIDGRI3:40 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc40: Neilson does really well on the break and his shot is deflected wide by Gowling for a corner #GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 55
Its an absolute f***ing disgrace that Town can't take a decent corner. Look at how vital set pieces are in this league and we haven't scored from a single one because our players can't manage this simple skill. It's apalling.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 20, 2014, 3:45pm; Reply: 56
Just got in, dismayed at the treatment of Paddy. Yet another player with talent who is in danger of going off the boil solely due to one mans shite man management. Happened way to often for me.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 3:45pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Chrisblor
We played well against Halifax mainly because they couldn't cope with Neilson. He's having an off day so far meaning we look crap.

or hurst has changed it from giving him a free role through the middle on tuesday were he caused all those problems to putting him on the left in a 4-5-1.

Brilliant.
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 3:46pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from chaos33
Its an absolute f***ing disgrace that Town can't take a decent corner. Look at how vital set pieces are in this league and we haven't scored from a single one because our players can't manage this simple skill. It's apalling.

instantly thought of Drogba saying 'its a f**king disgrace'  ;D

But agreed.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 3:47pm; Reply: 59
Brown back to corner taking....headed away easily. What do you do all week in training Paul ???
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 3:47pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from RoboCod
Brown back to corner taking....headed away easily. What do you do all week in training Paul ???

Gossip, Drink tea and have manicures?
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 3:51pm; Reply: 61
To much tinkering yet again?
Neillson must play through the middle or in a free role; it's a no brainer

Our set piece delivery is sh*te to be honest - a huge part of lower league football (compensates for lack of open play creativity) so it's nothing short of a scandal how poor we are

0-0 at HT...hopefully PH will see error of his ways and do something to change things around

Paddy very unlucky - again, Disley chosen for his defensive qualities...again, worrying too much about opposition.

Barnet, Halifax and a lot of others above us all winning; although a point at Kiddy is decent it will leave us further behind
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 3:52pm; Reply: 62
Boss, what's that quadrant shape over in the corner of the pitch?

Oh don't you be worrying yourself with that lad, we won't be using it. Biscuit with your cuppa?

I'm running out of descriptive words to explain my disgust at the corners. Amateur stuff.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 63
We can't keep playing 4-5-1 with Hannah as a lone striker. It only worked against Halifax because we kept it on the floor and Neilson had a stormer. The midfield has been very very poor so far today - we've been careless in possession and the less said about our corners the better. Kidderminster have let us off the hook by missing a sitter - we need to make them pay in the second half (McLoughlin needs to come on for the disappointing Disley and Hannah needs a partner to play with him up front)
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 3:56pm; Reply: 64
If he does not give Oates a chance in the second half then its a position wasted IMO, I could sit on the bench
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 3:56pm; Reply: 65
Lincoln 1 down to 'former Town target'  (sigh) Brett Williams goal.
Posted by: gtfc82, September 20, 2014, 3:59pm; Reply: 66
Typical Hurst! Terrified of losing a game. He signs a loan striker and doesn't play him, moves our most effective player onto the flank and keeps another effective midfielder on the bench in favour of one who's past his best! No wonder we haven't had a shot on target yet!
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:02pm; Reply: 67
PH should be gone at Christmas if we are not in the playoffs and if it isn't he should f@cking be.

Sometimes when a manager has been at a club for a few years making very little progress then its best to part company for a fresh direction and ideas and to give the fans a break.

I think we all know where PH's weaknesses are.  

If you cant put in a decent corner after several attempts then give it to someone else.  I'm starting to get wound up by his laid back attitude.  Show some f@cking passion hair dryer treatment.

C'mon town
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 4:04pm; Reply: 68
Town first substitution 61 mins is my guess  ;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 4:04pm; Reply: 69
Surely we can only improve this 2nd half. :-/
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 20, 2014, 4:05pm; Reply: 70
Att 2033 with 373 travelling Mariners.

Well done to all

UTM
Posted by: Maringer, September 20, 2014, 4:06pm; Reply: 71
I reckon Oates will get about 20 minutes at the end.

I think it has been commented before that we only seem to do well if Neilson is on form. If he's not on his game today, we need somebody else to step up and do something.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 72
48: McKeown alert to claim after a wayward header from Parslow at a home free kick #GTFC#KIDGRI
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 20, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 73
Not one away goal in the division at this point.

Edit - the wrong G team just scored
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 74
You get that feeling if we go one down its curtains
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 4:11pm; Reply: 75
Barnet showing us how it should be done, they are 5.0 up.
Posted by: denni266, September 20, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from gtfc82
Typical Hurst! Terrified of losing a game. He signs a loan striker and doesn't play him, moves our most effective player onto the flank and keeps another effective midfielder on the bench in favour of one who's past his best! No wonder we haven't had a shot on target yet!

Typical hurst.. aint got a clue.. and if we nick a win it will not be his doing .He is clueless
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 77
Plan B please Mr Hurst
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 78
Pressure's growing. Dreading the first goal..
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 79
Brown is free...poor ball
Hannah holds it up well...then a poor ball

Tondeur's commentary is getting more depressing

Agree re: set pieces - it makes my effing blood boil that at least 90% of delivery either doesn't beat first defender or floats harmlessly into keeper's gloves

Neillson off his game today... the knock he got on Tuesday having an affect??

Kiddy well on top... we are creating nothing

What are you thinking Mr Hurst??
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:15pm; Reply: 80
Kidderminster can take corners - we just cleared one off the line. Looked like it was Clay back there.
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 20, 2014, 4:15pm; Reply: 81
Time for a change. Let's not wait for them to score/make their change to react...
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 82
Bring Paddy and Oates on imo and change the formation.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, September 20, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 83
There's a Kiddy goal coming i fear. The 2nd half has continued in the same way as the 1st.

PH you need to change it mate.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 84
God this is drab.
Posted by: gtfc82, September 20, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from denni266

Typical hurst.. aint got a clue.. and if we nick a win it will not be his doing .He is clueless

IF we nick it! They've had 11 shots to our 4, so who looks likely to win at the moment? We will never get out of this league by trying to scrape results!
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 86
My subs

Disley off for Oaks
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 20, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Garth
Plan B please Mr Hurst

He barely has a plan A never mind a flipping plan b.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 20, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 88
Lucky enough to have missed the first half by the sound of it........i am back though now Town....feel free to start playing now..
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:18pm; Reply: 89
Free kick in a threatening position on the left - Neilson kicks it onto the first defender's head...
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:19pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Chrisblor
Free kick in a threatening position on the left - Neilson kicks it onto the first defender's head...

and puts Kiddy on the counter attack...as all our set pieces seem to.
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:20pm; Reply: 91
Wonder what JF thinks when he sits and waches this,
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:20pm; Reply: 92
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:20pm; Reply: 93
Grimsby Town FC@officialgtfc60: Neilson's free kick doesn't beat the first man though and Mackreth has to get back as the hosts break 

#GTFC #KIDGRI4:17 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc60: Mackreth with a great run and pass for Hannah but his cross is cleared by Dunkley to Magnay & he is fouled in a good position 

#GTFC4:15 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc59: Neilson picks up a lay off from Disley but his poked effort is well wide of the goal

#GTFC#KIDGRI4:15 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc58: Johnson weaves his way through for the hosts but his curling effort is wide of the target

#GTFC #KIDGRI4:14 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc57: OFF THE LINE! Pearson again this time to deny Dunkley with McKeown beaten 

#GTFC#KIDGRI4:14 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc56: Styche cross from the left and Mackreth hammers over his own bar under pressure from Gash #GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:20pm; Reply: 94
Wonder what JF thinks when he sits and watches this,
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:21pm; Reply: 95
Blood has officially hit boiling point after another free kick fails to beat first defender
Not convincing in any shape or form

Paddy and Oates on
Disley and Mackreth off

Be pro active for Christ's sake

God, I'm turning into The Old Codger!
Posted by: Badger57, September 20, 2014, 4:21pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Garth
Plan B please Mr Hurst

Errr...... He doesn't have one, have you not been paying attention?  ;-)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:21pm; Reply: 97
JT says its hard work watching this..

so lets see if he asks paul after the match "how the intercourse are you still here"
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:22pm; Reply: 98
Is Mackreth carrying a knock? Or just not particularly good? In the past when we've played against him he's been the star, his name seemingly mentioned every 20 seconds as he runs rings round us.

Then he puts a Town shirt on.....
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:22pm; Reply: 99
We've gone 4-4-2 and Clay is on the right wing. Hurst is losing the plot - Disley should have come off, not our only out and out winger.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:23pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Garth
Wonder what JF thinks when he sits and watches this,

very good point..

maybe he wants rid but hasn't got the money or is deluded , got to be one of them.
Posted by: Badger57, September 20, 2014, 4:23pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Garth

Probably same as most of us...This is excrement but I'm not allowed to say it because I'm supposed to be impartial!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:24pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Chrisblor
We've gone 4-4-2 and Clay is on the right wing. Hurst is losing the plot - Disley should have come off, not our only out and out winger.

Please tell me this is a joke.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:24pm; Reply: 103
Hurst is obviously scared to death of their pace and ability to break fast
Can I suggest - get your own players to pass better, hold the ball better, and we might give Kiddy somethign to worry about

Tondeur: "Magnay has got players in the box to aim for here...oh, it's a poor ball"
Repeat for 90 minutes
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:25pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from RoboCod
Is Mackreth carrying a knock? Or just not particularly good? In the past when we've played against him he's been the star, his name seemingly mentioned every 20 seconds as he runs rings round us.

Then he puts a Town shirt on.....

Its called being "hursted"

didn't you know.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:25pm; Reply: 105
Toto booked - is that five and a suspension?
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:26pm; Reply: 106
This might sound really bad but I want us to lose so that clueless clown loses his job.
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 20, 2014, 4:26pm; Reply: 107
Please tell me it's not true about Clay playing right midfield :-/
Posted by: Badger57, September 20, 2014, 4:26pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from jonnyboy82
JT says its hard work watching this..

so lets see if he asks paul after the match "how the intercourse are you still here"

He's a nice guy John. He hasn't got the balls to ask that kind of question even if he wanted to.

Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:27pm; Reply: 109
Clay on the right? Hmmm....
Posted by: denni266, September 20, 2014, 4:27pm; Reply: 110
A draw is not good enough, we are to far behind as it is . we will go no where with hurst in charge,, I hope Fenty has been looking for his replacement
Posted by: maxfox44, September 20, 2014, 4:28pm; Reply: 111
Painful to listen to as well.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:28pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from Badger57

He's a nice guy John. He hasn't got the balls to ask that kind of question even if he wanted to.

well give me the microphone and I will ask the midget !
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:28pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Clay on the right? Hmmm....

It looks a bit more like a 4-3-3 now with Oates flanked by Hannah and Neilson
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 20, 2014, 4:29pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from Meza
This might sound really bad but I want us to lose so that clueless clown loses his job.

Your right it does sound really bad. Go and support Scunny
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:30pm; Reply: 115
decent delivery from corner  - Nsiala hits bar with header
Not rocket science is it?
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 4:30pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from Meza

I know what you mean and agree about getting rid but would never want Town to lose.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 117
69: McKeown does well to get down to turn away Gash's snap shot. Home fans felt Pearson got a touch with his hand too 

#GTFC#KIDGRI4:25 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc68: Nsiala booked for a mistimed challenge on Styche

#GTFC #KIDGRI4:24 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc66: Johnson again the thorn in Town's side but his effort goes narrowly wide of the target

#GTFC #KIDGRI4:22 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc

#GTFC have gone 4-3-1-2 with Oates going up alongside Hannah up front #KIDGRI

4:20 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc63: #GTFC Sub: Oates for Mackreth

4:20 PMGrimsby Town FC@officialgtfc63: Parslow with a goal saving tackle after Gash breaks the offside trap #GTFC #KIDGRI
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:32pm; Reply: 118
decent delivery from corner  - Nsiala hits bar with header
Not rocket science is it?

But makes it all the more bizarre...we're not even consistent in taking crap corners.
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 119
14th as it stands at the mo  :'(
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Vance Warner

Your right it does sound really bad. Go and support Scunny

Dont talk bloody wet its bloody simple.....I have lost confidence in the managers ability.
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 121
Lets smash and grab this
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 122
Ross Hannah gets a sight a goal - spanners it off for a goal kick because he had to hit it with his right foot.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 20, 2014, 4:34pm; Reply: 123
Been listening at work. The town fans have done us proud today. The football though sounds atrocious
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:36pm; Reply: 124
Re: Hurst
Could be a case of getting a point at Kiddy (hopefully) and then we have 4 very winnable games at home
Lose any one of those (or two) and Fenty might pull the trigger
We are getting too far behind and it's only mid-September
Still feel this squad is stronger than last season - and I know we are missing crucial players - but we don;lt seem to be able to get going at all

We are treading water I'm afraid
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 20, 2014, 4:37pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from Meza

Dont talk bloody wet its bloody simple.....I have lost confidence in the managers ability.

Sorry didn't realise that. Maybe you should mention it a bit more.
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 20, 2014, 4:41pm; Reply: 126
No shots on target for Town yet - can we 'nick' a winner?
Posted by: davmariner, September 20, 2014, 4:41pm; Reply: 127
Kiddy goal disallowed.
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 4:41pm; Reply: 128
Re: Hurst
Could be a case of getting a point at Kiddy (hopefully) and then we have 4 very winnable games at home
Lose any one of those (or two) and Fenty might pull the trigger
We are getting too far behind and it's only mid-September
Still feel this squad is stronger than last season - and I know we are missing crucial players - but we don;lt seem to be able to get going at all

We are treading water I'm afraid

"We are treading water" we are past that stage we are now drowning  :(
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 4:42pm; Reply: 129
get in
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 20, 2014, 4:42pm; Reply: 130
flipping get in, oates
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:42pm; Reply: 131
Debut goal !!!!
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 132
Oates!!!!!

F**king @YESSWSSSS
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 133
Whooooooo¬
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 134
smash and grab or what  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 135
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ! OATES on his debut

1-0 Town

Get in

UTM
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 136
Come On!

Hurst is God!!!

GET IN!!!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 137
Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssss
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from Garth
Lets smash and grab this

;D
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 139
Yeah some players he has signed are better without a doubt.  Not getting that striker was a huge mistake regardless of how many targets he had.  His tatics are strange but im not getting into a pissing match I just think we need a stronger character to take us further ive supported him since he came but now ive got no love for PH  and id rather us appoint a new manager with fresh ideas.  Of course I hope we win but I want him gone as im fed up seeing my team play like Histon.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 140
goal OATES..

still want him out though  ;D
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 20, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 141
That's what champions do, play poor but Nick a goal !
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 20, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 142
Quoted from jonnyboy82
goal OATES..

still want him out though  ;D

He's only played half a game ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 20, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 143
Fuckin get in u fuckin beauty OATS does the biz yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyesssssssssssssssssssssssss ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Maringer, September 20, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 144
It would make a nice change for us to win a game with our only effort on target instead of losing them!
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 145
flipping belting finish from Oates. He's looked very good - some of his movement has been excellent
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 20, 2014, 4:45pm; Reply: 146
Tremendous noise from the Town fans yet again - superb!

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 20, 2014, 4:45pm; Reply: 147
;D
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:46pm; Reply: 148
Doesn't disguise a pretty shoddy performance
But can this lift us and set us on a run???

PH _ stop worrying about opposition so much and set us up to rip into the opposition for God's sake

Need to hang on to win this as results elsewhere couldn't be much worse
Posted by: gtfc82, September 20, 2014, 4:46pm; Reply: 149
OMG!!!! Good on Oates!  ;D
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:46pm; Reply: 150
Oates may be just what we need, the approach play to Hannah and JJL has become so stale and predictable, we need someone fresh and even a little raw to mix it up in attack.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:46pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

He's only played half a game ;)

;D
Posted by: denni266, September 20, 2014, 4:46pm; Reply: 152
Still want Hurst out the door
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 20, 2014, 4:47pm; Reply: 153
Oates is our saviour!
Posted by: Youngy, September 20, 2014, 4:47pm; Reply: 154
That finish was Oates so simple

The keeper was Quaker-ing in his boots
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 155
Got to ditch 4-5-1 whatever the result today
Hannah can't hold ball up well enough
Posted by: Hagrid, September 20, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 156
Come on town!!!! Hold on boys!!!
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 20, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 157
Haha I don't even know what to feel, it's shocking but I've actually mixed feelings. Delighted for the club and Oates, Hurst though is somehow going to get away with it yet again though.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 20, 2014, 4:49pm; Reply: 158
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Oates is our Hurst's saviour!

More like it.

Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:49pm; Reply: 159
Hahahahaha

ok ok im lined up against the wall doing a star fish bollo(k naked anyone you wants to throw cricket balls at me please do so. Lol

ive not had a smoke today so im a bit on edge and agitated.   Anyway im going away after today to Cuba for 2 weeks on hols.  

Im going to keep my opinions to mysrlf whatever happens happens.
Posted by: GyMariner, September 20, 2014, 4:49pm; Reply: 160
Hurst you tactical genius!!
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 161
Come on lads FFS
Posted by: northbankmariner, September 20, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from Youngy
That finish was Oates so simple

The keeper was Quaker-ing in his boots

Very quick :)
Am H.A.P.P.Y
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 163
Got to ditch 4-5-1 whatever the result today
Hannah can't hold ball up well enough

We've been so much better since going 4-3-3. Oates has been causing their defenders loads more problems than Hannah did on his own.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 20, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 164
Quoted from Chrisblor
flipping belting finish from Oates. He's looked very good - some of his movement has been excellent

Hurst will soon knock that out of him
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 165
Quoted from pontoonlew
Haha I don't even know what to feel, it's shocking but I've actually mixed feelings. Delighted for the club and Oates, Hurst though is somehow going to get away with it yet again though.

Exactly !

The man that cant be moved.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 166
86: GOAL! Brown with the cross, Oates with the turn & a cracking shot into the goal from 20 yards
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 20, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 167
Quoted from Meza
Hahahahaha

ok ok im lined up against the wall doing a star fish bollo(k naked anyone you wants to throw cricket balls at me please do so. Lol

ive not had a smoke today so im a bit on edge and agitated.   Anyway im going away after today to Cuba for 2 weeks on hols.  

Ha ha fair play
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 20, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 168
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNEEEEERRRRRRRS!!!!!!!
Posted by: Hagrid, September 20, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 169
Still see some people cant be happy but fantastic 3 points ( so what if we played excrement) we won!!!!
Posted by: northbankmariner, September 20, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 170
Phew, 3 much needed points. Well done town
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from Hagrid
Still see some people cant be happy but fantastic 3 points ( so what if we played excrement) we won!!!!

If only some could see the bigger picture..

yes we won and he lives to fight another day...
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 20, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 172
Quoted from Meza
Hahahahaha

Ha ha

You have a good holiday Meza, when you come back, hopefully, we might be in the play-off spots!

UTM
Posted by: denni266, September 20, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 173
Well done to the new lad , saved Hursts job for another week,
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 174
PLEASE....
Mr Hurst appreciate the attacking quality of this team and set us up to win games NOT worry about the opposition so much
We can easily win 5 or 6 on the trot in this league if we go for it

Over to you mate...
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 175
I'd settle for a game like this once in a while as long as we find some home form. Kiddy away is a tough game, delighted with those 3 points but would be happier to know we've learnt something today, namely a new setup that doesn't rely on Hannah and won't drop back to the LJL-led front line.
Oates is the (short term loan) FUTURE !! ;D
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 20, 2014, 5:00pm; Reply: 176
Quoted from pontoonlew

Got to enjoy 4 points from two difficult away games. Scunny lost again as well! Sounds like we defended well and had a bit of luck for a change
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 177
Oates so simple!  ;)
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 20, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 178
Fantastic result if not an enthralling performance from Town.  It is a difficult place to get something from - very happy with the 3 points today, even if the game sounded pretty drab!

4 Points from 2 very difficult away games (on paper) is a good return by any standards.  Appreciate that we haven't been playing well, but 4 points this week is more than a lot of us would have realistically expected after last Saturdays performance.

Onwards and upwards

UTM
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 179
Great Win  boys  thanks to some hard work to paper over cracks by poor tactics, good goal by Oates one shot one goal
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 20, 2014, 5:03pm; Reply: 180
If...and it's a biggish if..LJL doesn't play next two games and we win them with Oates scoring a couple and Hannah notching then it will be a disgrace if Lenny comes back in when fit (and I'm not a Lenny hater - on balance, I like him)

Got to stick with a winning formula...and stop tinkering
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 20, 2014, 5:05pm; Reply: 181
The two players Hurst brought in make a big impact   well,well, well what do we know lol
Posted by: Maringer, September 20, 2014, 5:06pm; Reply: 182
You really shouldn't complain too much if you take 3 points after playing shite.

Just need to make sure that we stop playing shite in the odd game here and there. We've only been really poor in a couple of games this season, so it's good that we've not lost today. Improvement needed, however.
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 20, 2014, 5:06pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I completely agree, we've gained 4 points from two difficult away games and have shown the ability to grind out results. We've got some easier fixtures coming up and with players coming back from injury we can shoot up the table. Our new signings look good and the manager deserves credit for bringing in the match winner today. Glad you can see the bigger picture as well  :)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 20, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 184
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The two players Hurst brought in make a big impact   well,well, well what do we know lol

It's almost as if the guy who has consistently challenged at the top of whichever division he's in knows what he's doing.
Posted by: Stew0_0, September 20, 2014, 5:09pm; Reply: 185
4 points from 2 very tricky away games will certainly do for me given the injury situation at the club.

Hope Hurst Starts with Oates in the next game as it sounded like we held the ball up much better up top for the last 15 mins
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 186
Really hope if Oates get's a run of goals now we can extend his loan. Sounds like he played good.
Posted by: chicaneuk, September 20, 2014, 5:16pm; Reply: 187
Their local radio just laughably said we were played off the park by Kidderminster. Not a strong win by any stretch of the imagination but they were crap!
Posted by: GrimRob, September 20, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 188
Quoted from Meza

Clueless eh? Hurst might have his own views on your employment status. Enjoy your evening of misery  :)
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 20, 2014, 5:20pm; Reply: 189
Quoted from Hagrid

I've seen posts like this for 2-3 seasons now, then people scratch their heads when we lose. Wins like this only paper cracks for so long.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner

Ha ha

You have a good holiday Meza, when you come back, hopefully, we might be in the play-off spots!

UTM

Thanks mate.  I will try and not look out for results but I just know I wont be able to GTFC is in my blood hence why I am so passionate and a little opinionated at times even if im wide off the mark from what others think I just want us to do well.

still its 3 pts against a rival we just need to keep going.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 20, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 191
Quoted from chicaneuk
Their local radio just laughably said we were played off the park by Kidderminster. Not a strong win by any stretch of the imagination but they were crap!

Err I think they might be somewhat biased. Yeah they had the best of things in midfield but we were defensively solid and caused them problems after going 4-3-3. Gash did miss a sitter for them but most of their efforts on target were dealt with comfortably by McKeown.
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 192
Hurst on RH now
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 5:26pm; Reply: 193
Quoted from Vance Warner

I completely agree, we've gained 4 points from two difficult away games and have shown the ability to grind out results. We've got some easier fixtures coming up and with players coming back from injury we can shoot up the table. Our new signings look good and the manager deserves credit for bringing in the match winner today. Glad you can see the bigger picture as well  :)

6 wins in 20 games going back to end of last season  ,is that a big enough picture ?
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 5:27pm; Reply: 194
Quoted from GrimRob

Clueless eh? Hurst might have his own views on your employment status. Enjoy your evening of misery  :)

Haha im happy we won I really am but I just want a change.  Anyway im just hoping when I get back from hols things will improve.  

Anyone want a big fat cuban bringing back....oh haha I mean a cigar.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 20, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from chicaneuk

They must have been taking commentary from John Tondeur then?

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 20, 2014, 5:32pm; Reply: 196
A good week for Hurst and the players, well done.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 20, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 197
Town had one shot on target according to the BBC.

That's all it takes   :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from chaos33
Hurst on RH now

Thanks for the Warning !
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 20, 2014, 5:48pm; Reply: 199
Three valuable points  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 5:50pm; Reply: 200
Quoted from GrimRob
Town had one shot on target according to the BBC.

That's all it takes   :)

I'd hate to lose the the single, solitary strike on our goal, at home, after we've had good possession...oh hang on!

Posted by: Vance Warner, September 20, 2014, 5:53pm; Reply: 201
Quoted from jonnyboy82

6 wins in 20 games going back to end of last season  ,is that a big enough picture ?

No not really because it doesn't take into account who we've played and the problems we've had with injuries. You've also just chosen the last 20 games to suit your argument. His win % since taking sole charge is 47% which gives a slightly bigger picture. To get an even bigger picture this is better than any other manger we've had in the past 10 years.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't you on here apologising for your criticisms of Hurst and giving him your backing two weeks ago? You seem to change your mind a lot.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 20, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 202
4 points out of 6 away from home, I've not got faith in Hurst, didn't listen but sounds like we played poo?  Hurst brings on someone nobody had heard of upto signing him and grabs a winner away from home with the only shot on target, nothing to grumble about at all.

Take every game as it comes, stranger things have happend, but two results like this away from home can spur a teams confidence on.

I bet the likes of Fleetwood, Mansfield etc had crap games and got thrashed or sneaked a good win, still got promoted... like I say can't grumble at all.

The Torquay game is a thing of the past, fingers crossed we get some players back this week and we push on.
Posted by: nickmariners, September 20, 2014, 6:03pm; Reply: 203
Quoted from jonnyboy82

yes we won and he lives to fight another day...

We rely on you for your excellent support, far-sighted vision and discerning insights, the rest of us are just plain daft.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 20, 2014, 6:13pm; Reply: 204
If we play crap for 80 minutes and win it 1-0, I suppose we ought to be happy.

Oh well. 3 points is 3 points. Time will tell.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 20, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 205
Quoted from nickmariners

We rely on you for your excellent support, far-sighted vision and discerning insights, the rest of us are just plain daft.

Thanks and no I wouldn't say you are all plain daft.
Posted by: nickmariners, September 20, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from Meza

"Supporters' " forum?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 20, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 207
Good 3 points today.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 20, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 208
Great result that! Fair play to PH delivered 2 good results when the pressure was on. Roll on Saturday!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 20, 2014, 6:42pm; Reply: 209
Just got back, we created very little and could easily have lost and yes their keeper did not have to make a save. Oates knows where the goal is excellent turn and finish, but v unfit, could hardly run in the last 5 mins. I also laughed when there commentator said they played us off the park. Apart from Gash missing an open goal just before half time, the only pressure we were under was the last 10 mins with them just slinging it into the box from all angles to there big centre forwards/midfielders. Ref was typically rubbish made a lot of wrong decisions throughout the game for and against us.
Still we did what other teams seem to do to us so often get the goal with vitrtually there only chance. MOM Magnay again, Disley weakest link Im afraid, he did not play badly but just did not impose himself on the game at all unlike Clay who worked his socks off again.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 20, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 210
Good result from a scrappy game will do. More worried by his interview admitting he thought about changing things but didn't and the pointless dig at the doubters. You want to shut up the doubters Paul? Put out a team to win and stop playing to stop others and then deliver something special.
Posted by: DocTower, September 20, 2014, 7:01pm; Reply: 211
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Good result from a scrappy game will do. More worried by his interview admitting he thought about changing things but didn't and the pointless dig at the doubters. You want to shut up the doubters Paul? Put out a team to win and stop playing to stop others and then deliver something special.

sounded awful on the radio , that goes for both sides . Doesn't detract from the fact , even though we won ,  playing high long balls for Hannah , corners with school boy errors , appalling passing  . Well done for all the travelling supporters
Posted by: rancido, September 20, 2014, 7:27pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from Meza

Haha im happy we won I really am but I just want a change.  Anyway im just hoping when I get back from hols things will improve.  

Anyone want a big fat cuban bringing back....oh haha I mean a cigar.

I used to be married to a big fat Floridian.......... and I wish she had been a cigar, easier to stub out !
Posted by: Grimal, September 20, 2014, 7:41pm; Reply: 213
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Just got back, we created very little and could easily have lost [/b]and yes their keeper did not have to make a save[b]. Oates knows where the goal is excellent turn and finish, but v unfit, could hardly run in the last 5 mins. I also laughed when there commentator said they played us off the park. Apart from Gash missing an open goal just before half time, the only pressure we were under was the last 10 mins with them just slinging it into the box from all angles to there big centre forwards/midfielders. Ref was typically rubbish made a lot of wrong decisions throughout the game for and against us.
Still we did what other teams seem to do to us so often get the goal with vitrtually there only chance. MOM Magnay again, Disley weakest link Im afraid, he did not play badly but just did not impose himself on the game at all unlike Clay who worked his socks off again.

But he did have to take it out the back of the net. Well done town. Bring on Chester.  UTM.

Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 8:07pm; Reply: 214
Interesting and irritating to read the comments on Disley. Favoured over McLaughlin, who's been playing really well although out of position,what has Disley actually done to merit being selected for the last 3 games? That midfield 3 should be Brown, Clay and Paddy and I think  that's glaringly obvious, surely?

I really don't understand why Hurst perpetually finds it easy to drop Paddy. He's superior in almost every aspect IMO and his record would suggest he'd score just as many goals if not more. At least then we'd have a player in there to make the opposition think about stopping us. A skilful player with energy, pace, passing and goal scoring ability, box to box movement, and who will also run at defenders. Plus, you've got his set pieces. I just don't get it. I can't see how we can expect to hold on to Paddy if he's continuously being left out or dropped, even when playing well.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 8:09pm; Reply: 215
Quoted from rancido

I used to be married to a big fat Floridian.......... and I wish she had been a cigar, easier to stub out !

Lol
Posted by: RoboCod, September 20, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 216
Can Paddy take a good corner ?

Probably, so another bonus. A little dismayed to see him not get a chance while John Lewis is missing too as this seems to have been the best opportunity to get it on the deck in recent time, please let's not start lumping it on his return.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 20, 2014, 8:26pm; Reply: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Rio Ferdinand said Moyes failed at Man Ure because he over planned the tatics, we had 3 different options in a match depending on what the opposition was doing.

Fergie on the other hand kept things simple and said let the opposition worry about what we are doing,

Good advice, are you reading this Paul ?
Posted by: Maringer, September 20, 2014, 8:33pm; Reply: 218
Quoted from RoboCod

Nope. Nobody in black and white stripes can take a corner.

I don't suppose Paddy is any worse than the others though.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 20, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 219
Need to work on set pieces like corners with Oats height and strength even more so.
Posted by: JMT, September 20, 2014, 8:38pm; Reply: 220
Quoted from RoboCod

Probably, so another bonus. A little dismayed to see him not get a chance while John Lewis is missing too as this seems to have been the best opportunity to get it on the deck in recent time, please let's not start lumping it on his return.

He is our best corner taker imo, being serious with that aswell.
Posted by: easypeersy, September 20, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 221
A magnificent result but a debatable performance in my opinion
However a gritty and determined performance.
Kidderminster got down our flanks on far too mny occasions and
Should really have scored a couple of times
They will be thinking that they got robbed today.
This is an invaluable 3 points keeping us in touch with the high fliers.
Two home matches and two beatable teams.
I hope this is a springboard to better things.
Maybe this season is an inverse of the last two and we will be magnificent after Christmas!
Posted by: easypeersy, September 20, 2014, 9:11pm; Reply: 222
Forgot to mention... Our corner taking is absolutely woeful!
We even had a free kick ten yards in from the corner and still could not get it past the first man.
This needs addressing urgently.
Corners and set pieces in training please Mr Hurst!!!!
Posted by: Maringer, September 20, 2014, 10:43pm; Reply: 223
Quoted from grimsby pete

Rio Ferdinand said Moyes failed at Man Ure because he over planned the tatics, we had 3 different options in a match depending on what the opposition was doing.

Fergie on the other hand kept things simple and said let the opposition worry about what we are doing,

Good advice, are you reading this Paul ?

Rio Ferdinand is an absolute clown. A decent enough defender back in the day, but injury-prone for the past few years and prone to day-dreaming during games. I half-watched the QPR game earlier and he was at fault for both of Stoke's goals.

The fact that he was interviewed on Football Focus the other week and seriously claimed that the lack of success for England during the era of the 'Golden Generation' was entirely down to failures of the management show his complete lack of awareness. No idea that he (along with his mates) simply weren't nearly good enough and without the nous to realise their (many) fallibilities.

Not really relevant to anything about today's game against Kiddy, but I had to note what a buffoon I think Ferdinand is!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:58pm