Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › if we win tonight...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

if we win tonight...

This thread currently has 2,402 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 16, 2014, 1:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 527
Whats the reaction gonna be like on here? im on the fence with the Hurst Out thing atm, but say if we win whats peoples thoughts? it's just delaying the inevitable or the start of hopefully a good run!

for the record ( and i hate saying it) I cant see us getting anything tonight, just interested to see everyones thoughts on this
Logged Online
Private Message
jonnyboy82
September 16, 2014, 1:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
IF we win tonight hagrid it wouldn't surprise me and if we lost on Saturday that wouldn't surprise me either,

paul is the master of giving us false hope and masking over our underlying problem ,we have to look at the bigger picture and that's involving pauls future unfortunately.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
northbankmariner
September 16, 2014, 1:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
if we win tonight it would be a massive MASSIVE bonus, i personally cannot see it happening, but stranger things have happened in football. Would it change my opinions right now of the management set up and startegy, probaly not as yet again we are going to have to play an under strength side, as we have a lack of forward power, we need arnold fit soonest and ljl ready for the weekend, pittman will take longer but he has shown he is a decent player.It was said at the start of the season that maybe mackreth can play down the middle, well he may just have to and get his chance the way things are going. Halifax will be very tough especially at home, but if we battle hard and use the ball well we are capable, a lot will depend on the quality of possession and the movement of hannah and neilson i feel.
I am as dissapointed as anyone with the current results, but if we were to lose the next couple of games with a full strength squad to pick from, i would be doubting wether the current manager was good enough to take us up, as it is if we lose with a weakened team, who realisticly can we expect to do better , with a weakened team?

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
RoboCod
September 16, 2014, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Lots of use of the words cracks, papering, the, over I would suggest.  
He needs a win tonight, or a battling display and a draw, followed by some sensation transfer activity by the weekend.

It all looks a bit grim.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Chrisblor
September 16, 2014, 1:22pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
I think a lot depends on the performance. If we roll over and lose 4-0 again the knives will be out. If we narrowly lose after playing well I think people will take injuries into account and give him a bit more time. Hopefully we'll win and it won't matter.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
pontoonlew
September 16, 2014, 1:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,835
Gold Stars: 167
I'd predict this;

The people who want Hurst out will not get too excited, use the same line as last time which was a general 'Yes, good win, let's not get too excited yet.'

People such as 80's will mince about the forum, act like we've won the league and tell everybody how right they were about everything. Dig up any post criticising Hurst and start forcing 'humble pie' down peoples throats until we lose again when suddenly they'll disappear into the wilderness.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Maringer
September 16, 2014, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,400
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'd predict this;

The people who want Hurst out will not get too excited, use the same line as last time which was a general 'Yes, good win, let's not get too excited yet.'

People such as 80's will mince about the forum, act like we've won the league and tell everybody how right they were about everything. Dig up any post criticising Hurst and start forcing 'humble pie' down peoples throats until we lose again when suddenly they'll disappear into the wilderness.

Way to go with the whole "Us versus Them" thing.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
pontoonlew
September 16, 2014, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,835
Gold Stars: 167
There wasn't an 'us versus them' thing until people acted like they did when we won. Acting as if because we won everybody who had criticised the team in the past had wanted us to lose and 'two fingers to them'. It was almost as if being right meant more to them than winning the game, incredibly sad.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
DocTower
September 16, 2014, 2:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Think it's an age thing , us older ones have seen the highs and lows before , false dawns , good managers and bad . I respect opions and give constructive arguments , some just wont accept they can't see the wood for the trees . However I really am impressed but their enthusiasm and like them want success for the club .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
grimsby pete
September 16, 2014, 2:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
If we had a full squad it would be a hard place to  get a win,

So if we win with a patched up team it would be bloody marvellous ,

I do not think Hurst job is in danger just yet,

BUT

We need to be in shouting distance when Christmas nears,

Or it could be goodbye Paul, I said 4 games then look were we are but I think John will give him 10.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › if we win tonight...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.