Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, September 16, 2014, 1:02pm
Whats the reaction gonna be like on here? im on the fence with the Hurst Out thing atm, but say if we win whats peoples thoughts? it's just delaying the inevitable or the start of hopefully a good run!

for the record ( and i hate saying it) I cant see us getting anything tonight, just interested to see everyones thoughts on this
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 16, 2014, 1:07pm; Reply: 1
IF we win tonight hagrid it wouldn't surprise me and if we lost on Saturday that wouldn't surprise me either,

paul is the master of giving us false hope and masking over our underlying problem ,we have to look at the bigger picture and that's involving pauls future unfortunately.
Posted by: northbankmariner, September 16, 2014, 1:12pm; Reply: 2
if we win tonight it would be a massive MASSIVE bonus, i personally cannot see it happening, but stranger things have happened in football. Would it change my opinions right now of the management set up and startegy, probaly not as yet again we are going to have to play an under strength side, as we have a lack of forward power, we need arnold fit soonest and ljl ready for the weekend, pittman will take longer but he has shown he is a decent player.It was said at the start of the season that maybe mackreth can play down the middle, well he may just have to and get his chance the way things are going. Halifax will be very tough especially at home, but if we battle hard and use the ball well we are capable, a lot will depend on the quality of possession and the movement of hannah and neilson i feel.
I am as dissapointed as anyone with the current results, but if we were to lose the next couple of games with a full strength squad to pick from, i would be doubting wether the current manager was good enough to take us up, as it is if we lose with a weakened team, who realisticly can we expect to do better , with a weakened team?
Posted by: RoboCod, September 16, 2014, 1:13pm; Reply: 3
Lots of use of the words cracks, papering, the, over I would suggest.  
He needs a win tonight, or a battling display and a draw, followed by some sensation transfer activity by the weekend.

It all looks a bit grim.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 16, 2014, 1:22pm; Reply: 4
I think a lot depends on the performance. If we roll over and lose 4-0 again the knives will be out. If we narrowly lose after playing well I think people will take injuries into account and give him a bit more time. Hopefully we'll win and it won't matter.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 16, 2014, 1:29pm; Reply: 5
I'd predict this;

The people who want Hurst out will not get too excited, use the same line as last time which was a general 'Yes, good win, let's not get too excited yet.'

People such as 80's will mince about the forum, act like we've won the league and tell everybody how right they were about everything. Dig up any post criticising Hurst and start forcing 'humble pie' down peoples throats until we lose again when suddenly they'll disappear into the wilderness.
Posted by: Maringer, September 16, 2014, 1:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'd predict this;

The people who want Hurst out will not get too excited, use the same line as last time which was a general 'Yes, good win, let's not get too excited yet.'

People such as 80's will mince about the forum, act like we've won the league and tell everybody how right they were about everything. Dig up any post criticising Hurst and start forcing 'humble pie' down peoples throats until we lose again when suddenly they'll disappear into the wilderness.

Way to go with the whole "Us versus Them" thing.  :-/
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 16, 2014, 2:04pm; Reply: 7
There wasn't an 'us versus them' thing until people acted like they did when we won. Acting as if because we won everybody who had criticised the team in the past had wanted us to lose and 'two fingers to them'. It was almost as if being right meant more to them than winning the game, incredibly sad.
Posted by: DocTower, September 16, 2014, 2:15pm; Reply: 8
Think it's an age thing , us older ones have seen the highs and lows before , false dawns , good managers and bad . I respect opions and give constructive arguments , some just wont accept they can't see the wood for the trees . However I really am impressed but their enthusiasm and like them want success for the club .
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 16, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 9
If we had a full squad it would be a hard place to  get a win,

So if we win with a patched up team it would be bloody marvellous ,

I do not think Hurst job is in danger just yet,

BUT

We need to be in shouting distance when Christmas nears,

Or it could be goodbye Paul, I said 4 games then look were we are but I think John will give him 10.
Posted by: Maringer, September 16, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from pontoonlew
There wasn't an 'us versus them' thing until people acted like they did when we won.

Not this one.

I was just pleased that we won in the first place!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 16, 2014, 3:37pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from pontoonlew
There wasn't an 'us versus them' thing until people acted like they did when we won. Acting as if because we won everybody who had criticised the team in the past had wanted us to lose and 'two fingers to them'. It was almost as if being right meant more to them than winning the game, incredibly sad.

There's no hidden agenda here - I want Grimsby Town to be a successful club in the Football League, operating on a sound financial footing within a better stadium - I'll even forego sexy football as long as we get out of this league.

My problem is that we are currently nowhere near achieving any of the above and I don't see us doing so in the near future.
Posted by: sutton mariner, September 16, 2014, 4:00pm; Reply: 12
Who's have ever thought we would be doubting our club against a team like Halifax.
Where did it all go wrong?

intercourse
Posted by: GrimRob, September 16, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 13
Whatever happens people on here always overreact. Lose a couple of games and there are calls for the manager's head. Win a couple of games and suddenly people expect us to storm the league. Some holes you get birdies, some you get bogies, it's just the nature of sport....

Any points tonight would be a good result but it's not going to be decisive whatever happens,
Posted by: denni266, September 16, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 14
Alwase want town to win. but it will only be papering over the cracks so i wont be changing my mind on Hurst one bit.. and a s a builder i know that papering over the cracks does not fix the wall, just hides it while it gets worse and someone does something to fix it
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 16, 2014, 5:53pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'd predict this;

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/n6b05j.gif[/IMG]

Can just picture all those self-righteousness mincers typing their rebuttal at your post.  (only kidding)

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/jjqwrn.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Garth, September 16, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 16
I want a win tonight much more than Paul`s demise
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), September 16, 2014, 6:18pm; Reply: 17
just a thought, i assume you all were there on saturday, to say it was rubbish is an understatement, a very noticable improvement once Disley went off and Jack came on, manager is to blame ,now out of his depth. Hope we win tonight but injury problems ready for an excuse  :'(
Posted by: oldun, September 16, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 18
We had better hope toto and Pearson get their act together tonight otherwise it will not matter who is playing up front. Oh and while I am at it  Macca needs to get his finger out too.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2014, 6:57pm; Reply: 19
We lost twice to them last season without scoring a goal. They play a bit like Lincoln with long throws and set pieces but are better at it than Lincoln. They also have a fantastic home record.

Easy win for us then.  ;D
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:49am