Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Halifax?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 317 Guests

Team for Halifax?

This thread currently has 3,391 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 16, 2014, 7:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from bradzmilne
Have to admit I would rather see us have a go at Halifax and lose comfortably than settle for a point from minute 1. Obviously Hursty isn't going to that with his job potentially in the balance though.
                    Macca
Magnay Pearson Nsiala Winfarrah
     Mackreth Brown McLaughin      
                    Neilson
             Hannah Bemrose

I'd love to see that, get rid of that route 1 lark and try and play football against someone. I'm sure with the right set of players it would work, even in this league. Sick to death of watching us play with a target man, because to be honest I don't think I've seen a really decent lower league target man in years bar that Hanson at Bradford. Just seems to be an excuse for teams to hoof the ball out of defence nowadays.

Wouldn't want to be in PH shoes today.

UTM

Me neither, he's only a size 4.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Maringer
September 16, 2014, 8:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from RoboCod
Can't see why Winfarrah shouldn't be brought in, the lad's stepped up and done the business when he's been asked to.

You're talking about a lad who has only made half-a-dozen substitute appearances in the League over the past couple of seasons. Total time on the pitch, less than 2 hours!

He looks to have some potential, but the idea that he should be playing in a tough 'must-not-lose' away game against up and at 'em opposition is just daft, if you ask me! He's still relatively untested at full-back and is pretty small in stature so I'd be amazed if he was to play, unless they give him a run out on the left wing at some point in the game.

I feel we'll perhaps play the team mentioned by gtfc71 a few posts back. Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.

With very little up front, we'll need to keep plenty of possession in midfield and then work our socks off in closing down the opposition to try and get something out of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
RoboCod
September 16, 2014, 8:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He's looked very confident to me, and much much more composed on the ball getting forward than Bignot. If Winfarrah had played against Lincoln and had the same game as Bignot had I'd agree with you.
It's all about going at them tonight, and starting brightly.

Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.
I'm sure Paul writes this in his pre-game notes every week. I have zero confidence in this, especially the 'then see where we go from there' bit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
Maringer
September 16, 2014, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

I'm sure Paul writes this in his pre-game notes every week. I have zero confidence in this, especially the 'then see where we go from there' bit.

We've got one frigging striker fit and he's not been in any sort of form, either! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the simple fact is that we only have 3 attackers fit in total and none of them have anything in the way of size and strength. In an away game, this makes things extremely difficult. Mackreth is nippy (but lightweight), so no great pace or physical threat amongst the attackers either which will make it very difficult for us.

It's not about being positive, it's about being realistic. If our defence was a solid as it had looked earlier in the season, I'd have confident of our ability to get a point or even snatch an unlikely win, but with the way they have played in the past couple of games, I'm distinctly worried tonight.

I think we'll need to score to get anything out of the game. The question is, will our diminutive forward options be able to achieve anything?

As it seems to be the kiss of death when I listen to the match on the radio or follow the game on the internet, I'll keep well away tonight and hope for good news when I check the result around 10pm!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Garth
September 16, 2014, 9:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
You know as daft as it sounds I would bolster our defence with Doig and play Toto up front with Hannah, just to give some threat up front and extra protection at corners, hard times calls for thinking outside of the box
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Jarmo.Is.God
September 16, 2014, 9:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
why are so many people no playing bignot ?

i would only play Winfarrah in an attacking position as he is much stronger going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
RoboCod
September 16, 2014, 9:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Maringer

We've got one frigging striker fit and he's not been in any sort of form, either! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the simple fact is that we only have 3 attackers fit in total and none of them have anything in the way of size and strength. In an away game, this makes things extremely difficult. Mackreth is nippy (but lightweight), so no great pace or physical threat amongst the attackers either which will make it very difficult for us.

It's not about being positive, it's about being realistic. If our defence was a solid as it had looked earlier in the season, I'd have confident of our ability to get a point or even snatch an unlikely win, but with the way they have played in the past couple of games, I'm distinctly worried tonight.

I think we'll need to score to get anything out of the game. The question is, will our diminutive forward options be able to achieve anything?

As it seems to be the kiss of death when I listen to the match on the radio or follow the game on the internet, I'll keep well away tonight and hope for good news when I check the result around 10pm!

And 'Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.' is frigging realistic is it? Jesus Christ....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Maringer
September 16, 2014, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

And 'Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.' is frigging realistic is it? Jesus Christ....

Yes. Clearly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Halifax?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.