Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, September 14, 2014, 10:35pm
Personlly would go 433 and start with this.

Walker Toto Pearson Magnay
Paddy Brown Clay
Mackreth Hannah Neilson.
Posted by: Grimal, September 14, 2014, 10:45pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from JMT

Paddy Brown Clay
Mackreth Hannah Neilson.

What,start with ten ,then bring Macca on if we look like conceding ? . ;)

Posted by: JMT, September 14, 2014, 10:47pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Grimal

Hahah bloody hell(oops)
Posted by: chaos33, September 14, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Grimal

Lol.

Might it all depend on whether or not we get a loan striker before Tuesday? If not, that team looks about our best bet. Another option to that is to move Magnay to RB and bring in Winfarrah to left back. Knowing Hurst he'll probably move Paddy to left back, play Disley and choose LJL even though he's injured, and we'll lose 3-0.  :o
Posted by: fiveallive, September 14, 2014, 10:58pm; Reply: 4
Mckeown

Walker
Pearson
Nsiala
Magnay

Clay
Brown
Paddy

Mackreth
Hannah
Nielson

Doig
Bignot
Winfarrah
Disley
Bemrose.

I agree with the OP i tried to pick a different team but couldn't. Where starting to scrape the barrel with subs the only other squad members we have available are Bastock and Humble. I would take Oumare Tounkara he's a free agent a month to month deal appeals to everyone involved and gets us cover for Hannah i don't think we can relay on Hannah keeping fit. I said in the best team for Torquay that i would of rested Pittman because you can't play him constant every week with his injury record and he tore his hamstring.

Posted by: tashee69, September 14, 2014, 11:00pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from chaos33

and we'll lose 3-0.  :o

After the way we played Saturday, I'll take that.  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, September 14, 2014, 11:05pm; Reply: 6
We don't know if Pitman has torn his hamstring yet do we? Wasn't that just an observation of what it looked like? It might be a strain and only a few games out....
Posted by: Maringer, September 14, 2014, 11:24pm; Reply: 7
What about Arnold? Is he no nearer a return? It has been mentioned that he can play as a striker at a push so I'd rather see him in a front 3 than Mackreth who, though not bad when he came on the other day, is still pretty lightweight and could struggle as a striker.

I still think that Bignot will start at full-back ahead of Walker who has little first team experience. Chucking Walker in at the deep end in a tough away match is a big risk.

If no strikers come in on loan and both LJL/JPP remain injured, it wouldn't actually surprise me if we went for a more 'defensive' 4-4-1-1 formation at Halifax. With all the missing players, a point would probably be a decent result, which is disappointing at this point of the season.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 15, 2014, 7:22am; Reply: 8
Where's 80sglory and his wacky rotation system, 17 different formations and "counter-arguments" in a post that is longer than War and Peace?
Posted by: RoboCod, September 15, 2014, 7:30am; Reply: 9
Quoted from pizzzza
Where's 80sglory and his wacky rotation system, 17 different formations and "counter-arguments" in a post that is longer than War and Peace?

Still writing it?  ;)
Posted by: Meza, September 15, 2014, 7:31am; Reply: 10
4-5-1

McKeown

Walker        Toto                      Pearson        Magnay

Mackreth       Clay    Brown     Paddy         Neilson

Hannah
Posted by: denni266, September 15, 2014, 7:41am; Reply: 11
gonna be hard what ever team runs out, but will it be hurst that picks it,
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 7:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from RoboCod

Still writing it?  ;)

He may still be some time.  :)
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 15, 2014, 8:49am; Reply: 13
McKeown

Bignot
Toto
Pearson
Magnay

Mackreth
Clay
Brown
Neilson

A man
His dog
Posted by: TAGG, September 15, 2014, 8:55am; Reply: 14
                   Mckeown

Walker Pearson  Nsiala Magnay

Paddy Clay Brown Winfarrah

Nielson

Hannah

Doig
Bignot
Disley
Mackreth
Who ever is fit at the time.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 15, 2014, 11:10am; Reply: 15
                                   Hannah (Tonk if we sign him in time)

Nielson

Paddy              Brown            Clay

Toto

Winfarrah        Pearson         Magnay        Walker

Macca
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 15, 2014, 12:44pm; Reply: 16
If no striker is signed and that looks possible,

Hurst might do a Mike Lyons with Doig,

Macca

Bignot   Toto   Pearson  Magnay

Mackreth   Clay   Brown    Neilson

Doig    Hannah  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 15, 2014, 9:12pm; Reply: 17
                McKeown

Nsiala     Doig     Pearson   Magnay

Clay
         Brown           McLaughlin
                   Neilson

Mackereth      Hannah    

Posted by: Garth, September 15, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 18
What about young Bemrose who played up front with Pitman at Brigg pre season and scored, he looked like he could handle himself if required
Posted by: chaos33, September 15, 2014, 9:20pm; Reply: 19
You think? I thought he looked the opposite of that in pre-season at Harrogate. He looked like a boy who'd wandered on to the pitch where the blokes were playing!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 15, 2014, 9:49pm; Reply: 20
I think Halifax away is just the sort of game for a YT striker. (cue people mentioning John Oster)
Posted by: Garth, September 15, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19
I think Halifax away is just the sort of game for a YT striker. (cue people mentioning John Oster)

May do better than 4-0 against, ;) worth a place on the bench at least IMO
Posted by: chaos33, September 15, 2014, 9:59pm; Reply: 22
I think it's very disappointing that we haven't been able to sign some sort of loan striker.
Posted by: marinerdean, September 15, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 23
Macca
Walker Pearson Toto Magnay
Macketh brown clay winfarrah
Hannah Neilson

A lot of people want to us to play 433, the only problem with that is it usually ends up being 451 and I don't think Hannah is good enough upfront on his own
Posted by: Abdul19, September 15, 2014, 10:13pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Garth

May do better than 4-0 against, ;) worth a place on the bench at least IMO

As if we'd ever lose 4-0 to some part timers ;)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 15, 2014, 11:06pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from JMT

Paddy Brown Clay
Mackreth Hannah Neilson.
I woudn't be surprised if he chooses something like that.

Would laugh my t**s off if we do another Gateshead - attack attack attack!
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 15, 2014, 11:18pm; Reply: 26
Can't have Hannah on his own up top - not good enough at hold up play

4-3-3 for me

Macca
Magnay, Nsiala, Pearson, Winfarrah
Brown, Clay, Paddy
Mackreth, Hannah, Neillson
Posted by: gtfc71, September 16, 2014, 12:00am; Reply: 27
Despite the wishes of many on here I think its unlikely that the likes of Walker and or Winfarrah will start this game. Paul Hurst rightly or wrongly is under pressure so I would expect him to be looking his senior pros in the eye and asking for a big performance from them. For that reason as well I would expect Craig Disley to start.

It's a shame because I liked the three up front that Stevie Saunders wanted albeit I'd have had Nielson in the hole. I'm not saying this is what I'd do but what I think the manager will do;

JM
PB TN SP CM
Brown Clay Disley Paddy (pretty narrow)
SN
RH
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 16, 2014, 12:19am; Reply: 28
Have to admit I would rather see us have a go at Halifax and lose comfortably than settle for a point from minute 1. Obviously Hursty isn't going to that with his job potentially in the balance though.
                    Macca
Magnay Pearson Nsiala Winfarrah
     Mackreth Brown McLaughin      
                    Neilson
             Hannah Bemrose

I'd love to see that, get rid of that route 1 lark and try and play football against someone. I'm sure with the right set of players it would work, even in this league. Sick to death of watching us play with a target man, because to be honest I don't think I've seen a really decent lower league target man in years bar that Hanson at Bradford. Just seems to be an excuse for teams to hoof the ball out of defence nowadays.

Wouldn't want to be in PH shoes today.

UTM
Posted by: RoboCod, September 16, 2014, 7:26am; Reply: 29
Can't see why Winfarrah shouldn't be brought in, the lad's stepped up and done the business when he's been asked to.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2014, 7:44am; Reply: 30
Quoted from bradzmilne
Have to admit I would rather see us have a go at Halifax and lose comfortably than settle for a point from minute 1. Obviously Hursty isn't going to that with his job potentially in the balance though.
                    Macca
Magnay Pearson Nsiala Winfarrah
     Mackreth Brown McLaughin      
                    Neilson
             Hannah Bemrose

I'd love to see that, get rid of that route 1 lark and try and play football against someone. I'm sure with the right set of players it would work, even in this league. Sick to death of watching us play with a target man, because to be honest I don't think I've seen a really decent lower league target man in years bar that Hanson at Bradford. Just seems to be an excuse for teams to hoof the ball out of defence nowadays.

Wouldn't want to be in PH shoes today.

UTM

Me neither, he's only a size 4.

Posted by: Maringer, September 16, 2014, 8:05am; Reply: 31
Quoted from RoboCod
Can't see why Winfarrah shouldn't be brought in, the lad's stepped up and done the business when he's been asked to.

You're talking about a lad who has only made half-a-dozen substitute appearances in the League over the past couple of seasons. Total time on the pitch, less than 2 hours!

He looks to have some potential, but the idea that he should be playing in a tough 'must-not-lose' away game against up and at 'em opposition is just daft, if you ask me! He's still relatively untested at full-back and is pretty small in stature so I'd be amazed if he was to play, unless they give him a run out on the left wing at some point in the game.

I feel we'll perhaps play the team mentioned by gtfc71 a few posts back. Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.

With very little up front, we'll need to keep plenty of possession in midfield and then work our socks off in closing down the opposition to try and get something out of the game.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 16, 2014, 8:24am; Reply: 32
He's looked very confident to me, and much much more composed on the ball getting forward than Bignot. If Winfarrah had played against Lincoln and had the same game as Bignot had I'd agree with you.
It's all about going at them tonight, and starting brightly.

Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.
I'm sure Paul writes this in his pre-game notes every week. I have zero confidence in this, especially the 'then see where we go from there' bit.
Posted by: Maringer, September 16, 2014, 9:04am; Reply: 33
Quoted from RoboCod

I'm sure Paul writes this in his pre-game notes every week. I have zero confidence in this, especially the 'then see where we go from there' bit.

We've got one frigging striker fit and he's not been in any sort of form, either! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the simple fact is that we only have 3 attackers fit in total and none of them have anything in the way of size and strength. In an away game, this makes things extremely difficult. Mackreth is nippy (but lightweight), so no great pace or physical threat amongst the attackers either which will make it very difficult for us.

It's not about being positive, it's about being realistic. If our defence was a solid as it had looked earlier in the season, I'd have confident of our ability to get a point or even snatch an unlikely win, but with the way they have played in the past couple of games, I'm distinctly worried tonight.

I think we'll need to score to get anything out of the game. The question is, will our diminutive forward options be able to achieve anything?

As it seems to be the kiss of death when I listen to the match on the radio or follow the game on the internet, I'll keep well away tonight and hope for good news when I check the result around 10pm!
Posted by: Garth, September 16, 2014, 9:11am; Reply: 34
You know as daft as it sounds I would bolster our defence with Doig and play Toto up front with Hannah, just to give some threat up front and extra protection at corners, hard times calls for thinking outside of the box
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 16, 2014, 9:21am; Reply: 35
why are so many people no playing bignot ?

i would only play Winfarrah in an attacking position as he is much stronger going forward
Posted by: RoboCod, September 16, 2014, 9:31am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Maringer

We've got one frigging striker fit and he's not been in any sort of form, either! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the simple fact is that we only have 3 attackers fit in total and none of them have anything in the way of size and strength. In an away game, this makes things extremely difficult. Mackreth is nippy (but lightweight), so no great pace or physical threat amongst the attackers either which will make it very difficult for us.

It's not about being positive, it's about being realistic. If our defence was a solid as it had looked earlier in the season, I'd have confident of our ability to get a point or even snatch an unlikely win, but with the way they have played in the past couple of games, I'm distinctly worried tonight.

I think we'll need to score to get anything out of the game. The question is, will our diminutive forward options be able to achieve anything?

As it seems to be the kiss of death when I listen to the match on the radio or follow the game on the internet, I'll keep well away tonight and hope for good news when I check the result around 10pm!

And 'Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.' is frigging realistic is it? Jesus Christ....
Posted by: Maringer, September 16, 2014, 10:10am; Reply: 37
Quoted from RoboCod

And 'Pack the midfield, try to keep things tight and then see where we go from there.' is frigging realistic is it? Jesus Christ....

Yes. Clearly.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 4:32pm