2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
September 14, 2014, 6:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
its annoying to see why disley has creeped his way back into the side and the captaincy again. The man goes backwards too much and Ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssssss the game down. Stick with clay, paddy and brown. Got a feeling this is just another season and not the season where we go up.

Deflated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Stevie Saunders
September 14, 2014, 7:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Good post
Agree 100%
Disley just a squad player now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
nightrider
September 14, 2014, 8:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Scott neilson for captain

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Garth
September 14, 2014, 8:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from nightrider
Scott neilson for captain

Magnay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
DocTower
September 14, 2014, 9:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
The first member up in defence when Magney cleared if for a corner , he was screaming pointing and organising . Captain material , or Brown . Lead by example .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
kevikov
September 14, 2014, 9:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
Shame to say it but diz is past his best, not only that but the other three, brown, paddy and clay were a settled midfield with defensive cover and support to the front men. well balanced. Clay may well have been unable to play for ninety minutes but it just shows how thin we are when our captain comes in and gets the amount of stick he has done.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Maringer
September 14, 2014, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I've always been a defender of Disley on this forum as I think he has received lots of unwarranted criticism over the past year or so. However, yesterday has to be probably the poorest performance I've seen from Disley since he signed for us. Just didn't get involved in the game at all which was surprising as he's normally a capable enough player even when below-par. He just didn't really get near it yesterday.

However, complaining that he was back in the team as Captain is just nonsensical. He's the club captain so is always going to be named as captain when playing and it was likely that he was going to come back into the team with Clay not fit enough to start.

Nothing about favouritism involved with his selection at all so I've no idea why anybody should think this was the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
barralad
September 15, 2014, 8:55am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Maringer
I've always been a defender of Disley on this forum as I think he has received lots of unwarranted criticism over the past year or so. However, yesterday has to be probably the poorest performance I've seen from Disley since he signed for us. Just didn't get involved in the game at all which was surprising as he's normally a capable enough player even when below-par. He just didn't really get near it yesterday.

However, complaining that he was back in the team as Captain is just nonsensical. He's the club captain so is always going to be named as captain when playing and it was likely that he was going to come back into the team with Clay not fit enough to start.

Nothing about favouritism involved with his selection at all so I've no idea why anybody should think this was the case.

Right, that's it! I'm rescinding your invitation to the "Disley for scapegoat" party-

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
maxfox44
September 15, 2014, 10:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Still got some nice touches, but without the ball, the game passes him by and with it, he slows it down to try and play at his pace.  Good player to have on the bench though.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
grimsby pete
September 15, 2014, 10:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The facts speak for themselves,

He has played 2 games last week we have lost both,

Lincoln have lost 4 of their last 5 games,

Any idea of the one game they won ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst and his favourites

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.