Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OneLove, September 14, 2014, 6:38pm
its annoying to see why disley has creeped his way back into the side and the captaincy again. The man goes backwards too much and Ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssssss the game down. Stick with clay, paddy and brown. Got a feeling this is just another season and not the season where we go up.

Deflated.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 14, 2014, 7:12pm; Reply: 1
Good post
Agree 100%
Disley just a squad player now
Posted by: nightrider, September 14, 2014, 8:31pm; Reply: 2
Scott neilson for captain
Posted by: Garth, September 14, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from nightrider
Scott neilson for captain

Magnay
Posted by: DocTower, September 14, 2014, 9:19pm; Reply: 4
The first member up in defence when Magney cleared if for a corner , he was screaming pointing and organising . Captain material , or Brown . Lead by example .
Posted by: kevikov, September 14, 2014, 9:33pm; Reply: 5
Shame to say it but diz is past his best, not only that but the other three, brown, paddy and clay were a settled midfield with defensive cover and support to the front men. well balanced. Clay may well have been unable to play for ninety minutes but it just shows how thin we are when our captain comes in and gets the amount of stick he has done.
Posted by: Maringer, September 14, 2014, 10:17pm; Reply: 6
I've always been a defender of Disley on this forum as I think he has received lots of unwarranted criticism over the past year or so. However, yesterday has to be probably the poorest performance I've seen from Disley since he signed for us. Just didn't get involved in the game at all which was surprising as he's normally a capable enough player even when below-par. He just didn't really get near it yesterday.

However, complaining that he was back in the team as Captain is just nonsensical. He's the club captain so is always going to be named as captain when playing and it was likely that he was going to come back into the team with Clay not fit enough to start.

Nothing about favouritism involved with his selection at all so I've no idea why anybody should think this was the case.
Posted by: barralad, September 15, 2014, 8:55am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
I've always been a defender of Disley on this forum as I think he has received lots of unwarranted criticism over the past year or so. However, yesterday has to be probably the poorest performance I've seen from Disley since he signed for us. Just didn't get involved in the game at all which was surprising as he's normally a capable enough player even when below-par. He just didn't really get near it yesterday.

However, complaining that he was back in the team as Captain is just nonsensical. He's the club captain so is always going to be named as captain when playing and it was likely that he was going to come back into the team with Clay not fit enough to start.

Nothing about favouritism involved with his selection at all so I've no idea why anybody should think this was the case.

Right, that's it! I'm rescinding your invitation to the "Disley for scapegoat" party-
Posted by: maxfox44, September 15, 2014, 10:10am; Reply: 8
Still got some nice touches, but without the ball, the game passes him by and with it, he slows it down to try and play at his pace.  Good player to have on the bench though.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 15, 2014, 10:17am; Reply: 9
The facts speak for themselves,

He has played 2 games last week we have lost both,

Lincoln have lost 4 of their last 5 games,

Any idea of the one game they won ?
Posted by: OneLove, September 15, 2014, 11:38am; Reply: 10
I carnt remember the last time I see disley actually get the team going and being opinionated on the pitch, to me he isn't captain material and never has been. Yes I agree he is a good person to bring on from the bench but he just hasn't got that pace, awareness and ability that we require right now!
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 11:54am; Reply: 11
I don't disagree that he's not got the sort of character to be a club captain. He's been a very good player for us over the years but he's hardly outspoken and you never see him organising or talking to his teammates.

I still don't think he's that slow, by the way, but he certainly doesn't look as fit as last season - perhaps because he's not been playing as regularly?
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 7:45am