7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
September 14, 2014, 7:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If Paul does go or is sacked, it is imperative that we get the right person in, for me it must be somebody with experience of this league and preferably got a team promoted from this league, the question is...who?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
timmo
September 14, 2014, 7:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from GrimRob

Of course it doesn't. All our players are PH players too. Get rid of him and you might as well kiss goodbye to this season. The time to sack him is in the summer when all the players nearly are out of contract. Then the new manager can get his own men.

Disagree with this 1 Rob.

The new man can cast his eye over the squad and decide where he needs to strengthen. In the summer all our players are out of contact where as he would need to sign 1 or 2 players in Jan, in the summer your talking about a whole new squad.

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
TownSNAFU5
September 14, 2014, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,872
Gold Stars: 42
I voted for "Stay".  So soon after 2 excellent wins and having an above average number of injuries. He might not yet be passed his sell-by date.

Sacking will mess up this season.  A new manager will want more money for new players.  Transition takes time and we do not really have it.  We will have to pay compensation to PH as well. A new manager might not be any better.

BUT:
I went yesterday and it was dire - especially in the first half.  I am sick of the way we do not play to our strengths, that we change formation to stop an average team and that there is too much tinkering with the team. We need to be positive and confident about our abilities and let teams worry about us, not the other way round!.  We have said this often enough.

I would give Hurst a few more games.  My patience is wearing very thin and the team are not exciting to watch at present.  (I missed the big 2 wins).  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
nightrider
September 14, 2014, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Not a fan of hurst and think we should have parted company after the playoffs but imo nothing has changed since last season so why get rid now

Who honestly thought he had it in him to win the league?! If we make the playoffs he's done a good job and deserves to stay.
The fact is, we aren't as big a club as people make out. Were one of about 10 teams who can win it. What's this now, the 4th season?
We could still be non league in 20years.

I keep saying this but if you don't have a 30goal a season man you will not win the league. Everyone harps on about the '98 team not having a high scorer but we only finished 3rd. The playoffs are a lottery. We don't have a winger that's gonna score 20 either. Or do we.
His main striker is not only appalling at shooting but he must be a nightmare to play with. Its no wonder that every one of his strike partners has failed to score.
All he does is make a nuisance of himself but he can't shoot, he can't pass, fouls and spends half the time on the floor.
We might get into the playoffs without a goalscorer but we won't win the league.
Pitman linked up well but he'd probably do ok with anyone
He needs at least 2 more players. I reckon if he was able to find a player similar to pitman who can stay fit, give mackreth more of a run, bring in the likes of boyce, play the best team, get them to show the same minerals as the lincoln team did, we'll easily make the playoffs

I look at the fixtures though and none of them look like easy games at the anymore! However he decides to set up on tues, Its important not to lose. A point would be a great result at the minute

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid
Just been in Grimsby Cricket Club, a bloke in there whos in the know, has heard from a source we all know, that hurst is sacked or on the verge of. Merely passing on what ive been told, source is normally reliable so i await and see

How could he be 'sacked' or 'on the verge of'? Surely you're either sacked or you're not. If the board had already sacked Hurst we'd know wouldn't we. If he's supposedly 'on the verge' of being sacked, how does that come about and then make it's way round a cricket club as a piece of info passed on by others? There are either some very unprofessional and unscrupulous people at GTFC to let that info leak or there are some tellers of tall tales at the cricket club.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
jonnyboy82
September 14, 2014, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from chaos33

How could he be 'sacked' or 'on the verge of'? Surely you're either sacked or you're not. If the board had already sacked Hurst we'd know wouldn't we. If he's supposedly 'on the verge' of being sacked, how does that come about and then make it's way round a cricket club as a piece of info passed on by others? There are either some very unprofessional and unscrupulous people at GTFC to let that info leak or there are some tellers of tall tales at the cricket club.

Cant you just let me pretend this is true for at least half hour before you go ripping it all out of me with rational thinking.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 8:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Sorry mate, yeah, go right ahead.

I think we have to ask ourselves what we know of Fenty and the board. Can people really see Hurst being sacked now? I can't. If it is to happen at all, I think it would take two poor results this week (ie, two more defeats) followed by a failure to beat Chester at home (and a sub 3000 crowd). Without that sequence of events I just cannot see Hurst being dismissed imminently.
This is all very unsavoury, unfortunate and unhelpful. I don't mean the rumour, I mean the whole situation. So, so disappointing after the renewed hope pre-season and the promise shown in those two big wins. I know the writing has been on the wall for all of 2014 pretty much.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
dapperz fun pub
September 14, 2014, 8:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
Feel for hurst i know for a fact hes very professional in all he does but unfortunately i dont think he will end our exile in hell, like luton did we must roll the dice til we get it right and that time is now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 14, 2014, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from chaos33

Not saying it is true but decision may have been made and respective legal reps agreeing compensation, announcement content etc before officially leaked. Insiders who attend or provide support at such meetings which means Hagrid has probably revealed to JF who the source of the leak is. Of course could be rubbish but there are several examples of the public knowing before the affected manager.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Yeah I understand that, but there's a whole lot of supposition there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst. Stay or Go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.