Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the fat lady clearing her throat ??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 139 Guests

Is the fat lady clearing her throat ??

This thread currently has 2,592 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 13, 2014, 7:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The fat lady hasn't started singing yet but I can definitely hear the opening bars of the Ride of Valkyries

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
mariner tommy
September 13, 2014, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from DocTower

Scotty wasn't over doing it , the others were just so poor . At least he was trying .
Your right about the atmosphere , strange . Laughing at time because we were so bad .
Brown doing the work of two in midfield .
Injuries are now have got to an unacceptable level , almost like an episode from Casualty .

Yeh, but it was him that lost possession for their second goal.

As far as I'm concerned, nobody came out of it with any credit today, to be honest they were all poor.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Tom13
September 13, 2014, 8:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Genuine question, not a dig at anyone suggesting Hurst should go/should've gone, nor suggesting he should be booted out immediately but out of interest; is there anyone decent who would actually come here? It'd be foolish to sack Hurst and leave a caretaker in charge for ages while we scratch around for a new man to come in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
TownSNAFU5
September 13, 2014, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
I thought that Neilson and Paddy were caught in possession too often by trying to dribble (too slowly) too much.  Neilson was sometime trying to dribble through the entire Torquay defence when a ball played outwide would give better dividends.

Something that I have just thought of:  our corners were so poor in the first half. Why cannot we do the basics? One Paddy took in front of the away fans was candidate for the worse corner ever taken by a professional player.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
grimps
September 13, 2014, 8:43pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
For me it is time, the starting lineup today was just the wrong starting lineup, he's had alot of time, we got two fantastic results and it seems like he doesn't understand what factors made the teams that won those two matches succesful, just think a team that wanted to try and win this league would say that he's had enough time and enough financial support and should be doing a better job. Two more games to show this is just a blip for me.

The thing is we'll probably go and win the next game or two and keep him in a job , the same as he has done the last 4 season .
one step  forward two steps back is not how you win promotion.
just sack him now , we wont go up with him so a mid table finish with someone else is nothing worse  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
DocTower
September 13, 2014, 8:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mariner tommy

As far as I'm concerned, nobody came out of it with any credit today, to be honest they were all poor.

UTM

Thought it was Dis that lost possession . Doesn't matter really they had a game plan , their players knew what to do , their players passed it better , they tackled better , they did the simple things and it worked . We didn't have an off day , we just showed our real colours .

Blame who you want , but we have been papering over the cracks too long , helped by fans with rose tinted glasses .

Like the previous poster said ,who else is there avaliable with the quality , willing to take the reigns .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
denni266
September 13, 2014, 9:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +693
Gold Stars: 132
He  simply has to go  and now would be good.. we are going no where with him running things , in fact we are in relegation form at the minute. . never mind a new stadium, we need a manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
oldun
September 13, 2014, 9:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Disappointing but IF we had managed a win we would be in a very handy 8th place, that's how fine the lines are between success and failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Garth
September 13, 2014, 9:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from mariner tommy

UTM

He`s allowed one mistake after being contender for MOM in most games this season is`nt he? my biggest disappointment  today were Hannah and Dis absolutely anonymous tinkerman strikes again,  bad luck regarding the injuries but we have had weeks to get another striker in problem is we are trying to win things on the cheap and it won`t work  
Now we are scrating about last minute for striker who will be difficult to find,  that`s not good forward thinking management IMO, oh and Magnay for captain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2014, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from oldun
Disappointing but IF we had managed a win we would be in a very handy 8th place, that's how fine the lines are between success and failure.

But we didn't and we aren't and we won't be anywhere near until he goes....
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the fat lady clearing her throat ??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.