This thread currently has 4,602 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
September 12, 2014, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
At least one thing is certain. Whatever XI PH picks they'll certainly put in more effort than those clowns did nearly 5 years ago.

That was a massive game, with both teams struggling but they came here, played us off the park and won 3-0. That season I was always hoping against hope that we would manage to get out of the excrement we were in but after that game I was resigned that we'd be going down.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
fiveallive
September 12, 2014, 9:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I remember that game 5 years ago Carayol seemed seemed to take it round every one for their third goal, i remember Sweeney just give up and stop running.

Today's squad is a lot better in my opinion. Out of all the players we signed i was most exited by Jack Mackreth I'm hoping he can settle in, the location was the issue last season, He is one of the best wingers in the league he has proven that at other clubs.

One thing i see is he hasn't got any space to work in he needs it for his speed to get in behind he's been getting marked and out muscled. We need Scottie Brown he has good passing skills to put him in I'm hoping where gonna see Mackreth make some diagonal runs inside to try and get in behind their defense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
GyMariner
September 13, 2014, 2:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
It drives me mad game after game when hurst plays central midfielders out wide. No wonder we keep losing. We have no width, no pace or no shape.

Sort it out

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Starting eleven for Torquay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.