ginnywings
September 9, 2014, 10:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

Who put the good team together in the first place?

You can acquire quality ingredients but it doesn't make you a good chef.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 176
denni266
September 9, 2014, 10:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ginnywings

very true..hurst cant help chopping  and changing things, when there is no need ,  and gives opponents too much respect, instead of getting us to do what we do best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 176
misterx
September 9, 2014, 10:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +37
A comment further back...we were due to lose one???....So when are the teams doing well above us due to lose one??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 176
barrattstandman
September 9, 2014, 10:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
25% loss rate so far =12 losses for the season. that won't get us anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 176
Nelly GTFC
September 9, 2014, 10:30pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
Well our own poor mans Gordan Ramsay got sacked...

If we are not in a creditable position for playoffs/promotion come December when the league position tells the tale I wonder if the board will have the balls to take action.

I just hope the person to blame isn't someone who misses sitters in front of goal, it could be the bane of Hursts demise.

Just bores ya when teams like Halifax and Barnet are holding up the league with a good point advantage.  Long way to go yet...  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 176
fiveallive
September 9, 2014, 10:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Its so annoying that we haven't had a full squad to choose from day one, seems to lack ideas with Jack Mackreth which is surprising he's been after him forever. Ross Hannah i get the feeling is going to be this season's Cook and not get games needs more then 3 mins Mackreth and Hannah are 2 players that should come on or either of them should come on in the last 20 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 176
September 9, 2014, 11:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from Madeleymariner
As the commentater says we lost it in the first 45 mins with a stupid formation, why pack centre of midfield against a team that just launches it down the channels.

Must admit I'm quite suprised Hurst didn't go with width, was fully expecting him to go 4-5-1.

In his defence...

- Would fans have been complaining about "defensive" 4-5-1 tactics, not trying to win a local derby etc ?
- Mackreth wasn't flavour of the month with fans, Arnold was out, Paddy not a left winger, suppose he could have pulled Neilson back but has been doing well in forward central positions. (Like I said, do we need another winger ?...)
- He wasn't the only one who wanted 4-3-1-2 which has served us so well in recent games.
- He saw the problems, changed things and we were the better side 2nd half, chances to win and could have won, 3 mins from a point, fine lines in football etc.
- Despite the pre-match euphoria over Lincoln's recent form, think fans forget wounded teams like Lincoln (and Dover) are gonna be up for it.
- Bad luck (Pearson off), defensive frailties and missed opportunities cost us, players are partly responsible.
- Points tally doesn't reflect our performances this season (especially with injury problems)

But ok with hindsight, perhaps Hurst made 1 mistake tonight.

Well he made a tactical match winning decision Saturday (who else would have done it ?!), made a good decision bringing in Disley tonight, has made plenty of great decisions in the past.

I'm gutted too but if you're expecting Superman to replace Hurst and never make ANY mistakes...
Reply: 166 - 176
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 10, 2014, 12:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Interesting how PH allegedly picks sides to thwart opposition rather than concentrate on our strengths. In hindsight, or pre planning based on scouts reports, it would have made sense to start with Doig and play Nsiala at right back to help reduce impact of their size.

But I do believe we are trying to be more expansive in our play but defensively tonight we were not at the races. i am not a PH fan but feell we are trying to be more attractive for us fans and lets be honest other than the result it was an enjoyable derby game with a lot of goalmouth incident.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 176
September 10, 2014, 12:48am
Guest User
If we're getting done down the channels then changing it around to stop it, isn't that thwarting the opposition ?

I take the point about "concentrate on our strengths" but in reality, what would that have actually meant ?...
Did we not play Neilson in an advanced role ?!

I don't really understand the point here...
3 central midfielders ?
Well in terms of trying to pass the ball and control the game, you could might argue that it was !

In any case, no manager ever sets up their team without ever thinking about the opposition...
Reply: 168 - 176
September 10, 2014, 4:11am
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
it would have made sense to start with Doig and play Nsiala at right back to help reduce impact of their size.

Well it's all easy in hindsight.  
And tbf there's no guarantee we'd have won anyway.

FWIW someone made a similar point to yours about Lincoln's size pre-match (see Starting 11 v Lincoln thread) and I agreed it was a good point.

But equally...
Can you imagine what would happened had Hurst dropped Bignot for Nsiala (debatable anyway !), stuck Doig in and we'd have lost ?!

"Tinkering for the sake of it" knockers x 1000, Hurst wants shooting etc.
And bet your bottom dollar, those who wanted Hurst "to be brave" will be nowhere to be seen defending him !

Some seem itching to point the finger regardless of whether Disley scored, we changed it v Welling and won, 2 heavy victories in 8 games etc.
Facts don't seem to matter, that's the real shame here.  
As a fan who just wants my team to succeed, I'm so drunk off with all the unfair criticism.
Some of it is just ridiculous - if I didn't think it was hurting our chances of success, I'd simply laugh it off.
Reply: 169 - 176
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.