grimsby pete
September 8, 2014, 11:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from GrimRob
Just out of interest what I did was try and go to the Fishy on my old test site which I haven't used for some months. As I was typing Firefox defaulted to the last page I viewed on the test site which deleted a whole table from the Fishy's database. I pressed enter without thinking and still didnt realise straight away. This table wasn't used prior to a couple of upgrades ago so it was just clearing test data out!

Fortunately I have a fairly recent backup, which I'll look at tomorrow. But the main content of what people have typed is still all there

I'll delete the offending page!

If you could fill in the subjects of your restored threads I would appreciate it. Some of them will return from the backup but anything creating recently might not.

Does this mean the word games on the non footy will work without us trying 3 or 4 times to get to the next page ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
cmackenzie4
September 8, 2014, 11:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Lets hope so Pete.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
grimsby pete
September 8, 2014, 11:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Lets hope so Pete.

I have started the games  Chris.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
cmackenzie4
September 8, 2014, 11:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have started the games  Chris.

Right you are Pete, Ill take you on now then.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Nelly GTFC
September 8, 2014, 11:57am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Last posts go back to 27th August, hopefully GrimRob will add the rest later today?  When I do a member search on posts I can see the posts but I'm not able to look at them.

I noticed E-Blah has not been supported for over 6 years, does this increase the chance of security exploits? I notice phpbb (free), proboards (free hosting or $14 / year domain name) and vbulletin (costly) update fairly regular?

One thing I like about the proboards is once you setup membership login name, you can use it on any of the other football club sites that use it - examples Eastleigh, Huddersfield Town, Charlton etc etc.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
GrimRob
September 8, 2014, 1:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Last posts go back to 27th August, hopefully GrimRob will add the rest later today?  When I do a member search on posts I can see the posts but I'm not able to look at them.

I noticed E-Blah has not been supported for over 6 years, does this increase the chance of security exploits? .

I've been enhancing the Fishy beyond what Eblah offers. If I want a new feature I write it myself (like the recent approve system) There's no chance of any security issues.

Working on getting the rest of the data back soon.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 30
Nelly GTFC
September 8, 2014, 1:07pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from GrimRob
I've been enhancing the Fishy beyond what Eblah offers. If I want a new feature I write it myself (like the recent approve system) There's no chance of any security issues.

Working on getting the rest of the data back soon.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
GrimRob
September 8, 2014, 1:18pm

Most of the content is now back on all boards. Remaining issues:

1. There are still a few threads without a subject on this board (nothing on Page 1). I will probably leave these as nobody has posted to them for a while. Feel free to put the original subject back if you were the original poster (you have to modify the first post of the thread to do this).

2. Some new threads are missing on the non-football board. I'll have a go at restoring these.

3. Some of the "views" totals are wrong for threads which have been updated and the backup has not restored these. I'll manually correct any obvious ones.

Any more problems let me know.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 28 - 30
GrimRob
September 8, 2014, 1:30pm

Quoted from GrimRob
Most of the content is now back on all boards. Remaining issues:

2. Some new threads are missing on the non-football board. I'll have a go at restoring these.

3. Some of the "views" totals are wrong for threads which have been updated and the backup has not restored these. I'll manually correct any obvious ones.

Any more problems let me know.

There were no threads added on the non-football board since the last backup so that won't be an issue.

All the stickys have had their views totals updated.

A full backup will be made tonight!

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Missing Content

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.