Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, September 7, 2014, 10:13pm
Wheres everything gone??
Posted by: Green27, September 7, 2014, 10:13pm; Reply: 1
Echooooooo
Posted by: moosey_club, September 7, 2014, 10:16pm; Reply: 2
OMG....am i gonna have to talk to the Mrs?

:D
Posted by: GrimRob, September 7, 2014, 10:17pm; Reply: 3
Hang on!
Posted by: moosey_club, September 7, 2014, 10:19pm; Reply: 4
I'm hanging on...but she senses somethings wrong....she is trying to start a conversation......
Posted by: pizzzza, September 7, 2014, 10:19pm; Reply: 5
Sort it Grimrobs!
Posted by: moosey_club, September 7, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 6
:o
Posted by: GrimRob, September 7, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 7
This is going to take a while unfortunately  :)
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, September 7, 2014, 10:21pm; Reply: 8
Who pressed "Delete" then?
Posted by: GrimRob, September 7, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
Who pressed "Delete" then?

You guessed it. I still have every post, but have lost 5 days worth of topics. Going to have to think how to go about this.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 10
Those pesky Imps (anger4)
Posted by: LH, September 7, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 11
#fishydown number one trend worldwide on twitter.
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, September 7, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GrimRob

You guessed it. I still have every post, but have lost 5 days worth of topics. Going to have to think how to go about this.

Press "Undo".   :P
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 7, 2014, 10:33pm; Reply: 13
I blame Fentyses for this Rob. It's an outage outrage!!!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 10:33pm; Reply: 14
Turn it off and on again.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 7, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez

Press "Undo".   :P

I have successfully restored a couple of topics by hand. I will prepare a script.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 7, 2014, 10:39pm; Reply: 16
Is this how the world ends.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 17
Oh, if there was only a way to tell everyone else to hold off posting messages so that you begin to actually think that Friskney.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 7, 2014, 11:35pm; Reply: 18
.......You would not know that it was the end of the world, unless there was something else after that to look back on and say "that was the end of the world".  At which point it would not then be the end of the world.  
Posted by: GrimRob, September 7, 2014, 11:41pm; Reply: 19
Just out of interest what I did was try and go to the Fishy on my old test site which I haven't used for some months. As I was typing Firefox defaulted to the last page I viewed on the test site which deleted a whole table from the Fishy's database. I pressed enter without thinking and still didnt realise straight away. This table wasn't used prior to a couple of upgrades ago so it was just clearing test data out!

Fortunately I have a fairly recent backup, which I'll look at tomorrow. But the main content of what people have typed is still all there

I'll delete the offending page!

If you could fill in the subjects of your restored threads I would appreciate it. Some of them will return from the backup but anything creating recently might not.
Posted by: Garth, September 8, 2014, 10:52am; Reply: 20
THE END OF THE WORLD IS WHEN LINCOLN TROUNCE US
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 8, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimRob
Just out of interest what I did was try and go to the Fishy on my old test site which I haven't used for some months. As I was typing Firefox defaulted to the last page I viewed on the test site which deleted a whole table from the Fishy's database. I pressed enter without thinking and still didnt realise straight away. This table wasn't used prior to a couple of upgrades ago so it was just clearing test data out!

Fortunately I have a fairly recent backup, which I'll look at tomorrow. But the main content of what people have typed is still all there

I'll delete the offending page!

If you could fill in the subjects of your restored threads I would appreciate it. Some of them will return from the backup but anything creating recently might not.

Does this mean the word games on the non footy will work without us trying 3 or 4 times to get to the next page ? 8)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 8, 2014, 11:07am; Reply: 22
Lets hope so Pete.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 8, 2014, 11:09am; Reply: 23
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Lets hope so Pete.

I have started the games  Chris.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 8, 2014, 11:10am; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have started the games  Chris.

Right you are Pete, Ill take you on now then.  8)

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 8, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 25
Last posts go back to 27th August, hopefully GrimRob will add the rest later today?  When I do a member search on posts I can see the posts but I'm not able to look at them.

I noticed E-Blah has not been supported for over 6 years, does this increase the chance of security exploits? I notice phpbb (free), proboards (free hosting or $14 / year domain name) and vbulletin (costly) update fairly regular?

One thing I like about the proboards is once you setup membership login name, you can use it on any of the other football club sites that use it - examples Eastleigh, Huddersfield Town, Charlton etc etc.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 8, 2014, 1:01pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Last posts go back to 27th August, hopefully GrimRob will add the rest later today?  When I do a member search on posts I can see the posts but I'm not able to look at them.

I noticed E-Blah has not been supported for over 6 years, does this increase the chance of security exploits? .

I've been enhancing the Fishy beyond what Eblah offers. If I want a new feature I write it myself (like the recent approve system) There's no chance of any security issues.

Working on getting the rest of the data back soon.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 8, 2014, 1:07pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from GrimRob
I've been enhancing the Fishy beyond what Eblah offers. If I want a new feature I write it myself (like the recent approve system) There's no chance of any security issues.

Working on getting the rest of the data back soon.
(thumbup1)
Posted by: GrimRob, September 8, 2014, 1:18pm; Reply: 28
Most of the content is now back on all boards. Remaining issues:

1. There are still a few threads without a subject on this board (nothing on Page 1). I will probably leave these as nobody has posted to them for a while. Feel free to put the original subject back if you were the original poster (you have to modify the first post of the thread to do this).

2. Some new threads are missing on the non-football board. I'll have a go at restoring these.

3. Some of the "views" totals are wrong for threads which have been updated and the backup has not restored these. I'll manually correct any obvious ones.

Any more problems let me know.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 8, 2014, 1:30pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from GrimRob
Most of the content is now back on all boards. Remaining issues:

2. Some new threads are missing on the non-football board. I'll have a go at restoring these.

3. Some of the "views" totals are wrong for threads which have been updated and the backup has not restored these. I'll manually correct any obvious ones.

Any more problems let me know.

There were no threads added on the non-football board since the last backup so that won't be an issue.

All the stickys have had their views totals updated.

A full backup will be made tonight!
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 8, 2014, 3:45pm; Reply: 30
Promises us Rob you will never apply for a job with N.A.T.O.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:32am