Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on RH (summary)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 295 Guests

Hurst on RH (summary)

This thread currently has 2,308 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
immariner
August 31, 2014, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
I think if the first booking was for dissent that LJL should be internally punished. It's unacceptable and no doubt cost us at least a point. Once you get booked so early for such a daft thing, you run the risk of an over-zealous referee finding a way to get you off the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
BIGChris
August 31, 2014, 2:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from immariner
I think if the first booking was for dissent that LJL should be internally punished. It's unacceptable and no doubt cost us at least a point. Once you get booked so early for such a daft thing, you run the risk of an over-zealous referee finding a way to get you off the pitch.

But it wasn't!!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
KingstonMariner
August 31, 2014, 2:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 120797
Probably only be 2 pts come 5pm Saturday.
Think we all know it's been dire early season injury's + urine poor ref today.
Performances are good !
Anyway I'm leaving in optimistic mood tonight before the doomsday brigade take over.  
See ya later.

It's one thing to be optimistic about our chances of winning, but to expect the others to lose too.......

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
immariner
August 31, 2014, 3:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from BIGChris

But it wasn't!!

What was it for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
August 31, 2014, 6:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
I (and anyone else) can make whatever point and take whatever stance I wish without your approval, especially when you post the vast amount of rambling, one dimensional, non committal dross that you do, ok.

I never claimed otherwise but likewise, I can do the same.

Quoted from chaos33
I think the majority of Town fans, whether they wanted him to have another go this season or not, are behind Hurst and feel he should be given a fair chance (at least 10 games or more?) this season.

Agreed.
Like I said, it's just a shame they didn't allow him at least 10 games before.
Sorry if you're uncomfortable with those facts but it's all your own doing and was your own choice.

Quoted from chaos33
I don't know who the f*ck you think you are to declare the odds on credibility!

There are those who had faith in Hurst, didn't see or want "the end" after 3 games (or earlier like you) and IMO can take some credit (or credibility in their view moving forward) for being "supportive" of his role and his potential as manager this season.

You can swear and stamp your foot all day long but that's my opinion.

Despite your childish ramblings about "destroying" people, what you don't seem to appreciate is you can't "dismantle" someone's else's opinion, only disagree with it.

Quoted from chaos33
advocates a rotation policy that proposed a cartload of changes to the team that beat Gateshead

Like it or not, squad rotation (including bringing Neilson into the team) was arguably a big factor in the Gateshead win.

I don't ever recall ever saying you were a "never change a winning team" man (only guessing), but without blame, can confirm you picked (with much arguable prodding) the same side that lost at Aldershot.

As for my fishy "reputation" on here, it doesn't bother me one jot.
I'd say the vast majority of opinion on the fishy (especially the keyboard warrior doomsday brigade) isn't particluarly representative of general fan mood anyway and home attendances also seem to confirm it.

Like I said before, if you wish to ignor me because of you own issues or sudden reading difficulties/preferences etc it's completely fine by me.
Reply: 24 - 29
August 31, 2014, 6:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It's one thing to be optimistic about our chances of winning, but to expect the others to lose too.......

Good point I forgot about that, we can but hope...
Reply: 25 - 29
BIGChris
August 31, 2014, 10:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from immariner

What was it for?

According to the referee after the game it was for persistent infringement of the laws
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Stranger in the Park
September 1, 2014, 1:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
Like many others I was listening to the match and it was clear very early that the ref had took a personal dislike for LJL and was just looking for anything he could to book him. Why ? ... he's human and all of us have done this at some point but a ref should be above that sort of thing.I have to say this because the only other conclusion is sordid and we have to be careful about accusations of deliberate fixing. One thing for sure his tally for giving out cards is pretty high  as Mr Whitton has refereed 109 Conference matches and notched up 300 yellows and 17 reds.His record for other leagues and cup matches are equally poor as well. I believe this tells you a lot about the mans character and again begs the question of some of the referees suitability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
moosey_club
September 1, 2014, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Like many others I was listening to the match and it was clear very early that the ref had took a personal dislike for LJL and was just looking for anything he could to book him. Why ? ... he's human and all of us have done this at some point but a ref should be above that sort of thing.I have to say this because the only other conclusion is sordid and we have to be careful about accusations of deliberate fixing. One thing for sure his tally for giving out cards is pretty high  as Mr Whitton has refereed 109 Conference matches and notched up 300 yellows and 17 reds.His record for other leagues and cup matches are equally poor as well. I believe this tells you a lot about the mans character and again begs the question of some of the referees suitability.

Unfortunately referee's are human beings, just like the rest of us, we all have individual characters and flaws, from the commentary on Saturday it was very clear from the early exchanges that the ref was very picky and was blowing for very little, Hurst commented that he said as much to the fourth official,  that should give an indication to anyone involved in the game that the ref was "one of those" if you like.
So by arguing and showing dissent over several decisions, as well as persistent fouling by LJL, which the ref did pull him over and speak to him about before his first booking then surely the large percentage of fault lies with the player?
He may well be a poor referee but if we dont help ourselves, Pearson & Mckeown also booked for petulant behaviour later in the game then we should expect to receive cards.
I wonder if the club do any research or notes on the referees before a game?
Slightly different but on Sunday mornings when you see a refs name for your game you have a good idea what type of game you may get and what they do and dont tolerate.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
rancido
September 1, 2014, 2:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from moosey_club

Unfortunately referee's are human beings, just like the rest of us, we all have individual characters and flaws, from the commentary on Saturday it was very clear from the early exchanges that the ref was very picky and was blowing for very little, Hurst commented that he said as much to the fourth official,  that should give an indication to anyone involved in the game that the ref was "one of those" if you like.
So by arguing and showing dissent over several decisions, as well as persistent fouling by LJL, which the ref did pull him over and speak to him about before his first booking then surely the large percentage of fault lies with the player?
He may well be a poor referee but if we dont help ourselves, Pearson & Mckeown also booked for petulant behaviour later in the game then we should expect to receive cards.
I wonder if the club do any research or notes on the referees before a game?
Slightly different but on Sunday mornings when you see a refs name for your game you have a good idea what type of game you may get and what they do and dont tolerate.

I know that when Don Revie was manager at Leeds he kept a dossier for every League referee and instructed his team before each game on how to play to the refs strengths and weaknesses.
At the end of the day the ref is the man in charge and whether you agree with him or not he runs the game. Of all the things to get booked for dissent is the most ridiculous. Accept his decision and just get on with it because refs very,very rarely change their mind about an incident and the dissent laws are there to allow the ref to do his job AS HE SEES IT without question. This is one of Pearsons biggest problems and could easily cost us at the end of the season like it did at the end of last season. By all means keep the passion, Sean, but if things don't go your way just accept it and move on.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on RH (summary)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.