Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 310 Guests

Rumour...

This thread currently has 2,054 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 30, 2014, 10:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Southernboy
No rush to get another striker surely?

That depends on those at the club staying injury/suspension free and in form. I think we could do with another front player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
biggles9999
August 30, 2014, 10:09am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
It is always better to strengthen from a strong position than a weak one.

In some ways our recent results might have made us more attractive to a good striker who will improve the team. If you are a player needing to prove himself then where better than a club creating plenty of chances for you to finish?

Plus as others have mentioned, we only really have 3 strikers at the moment, just because Arnold can play there it doesn't mean he's going to be any good at it. Also if we are going to continue playing 4312 then Pittman may be needed to drop back into the Neilson role, Pittman himself may get injured - 2 of our strikers get injured and we are struggling further.

If there's a top quality striker available, then go get him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
oldun
August 30, 2014, 1:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Problem is a top quality striker is likely to be playing for his club. Others not getting a game may not want to come here and sit on the bench. Tricky one this. A loan deal as and when we need one may be the best option. Loan period opens again in a couple if weeks time I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
Mariners_15
August 30, 2014, 1:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I see Ryan Bird hasn't been able to get into the Portsmouth squad the past few games! Worth a call?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
Maringer
August 31, 2014, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Three players to cover 2 positions just isn't enough. With LJL suspended next game, we're left with Pittman and Hannah and, if they don't work out together or one gets injured, we won't have any other striking options on the bench (other than possibly, Arnold).

At a push, I reckon Neilson could play up front as well, but I think we really need another 'big' striker for when LJL is injured/suspended/out of form. Last season Cook was available as this second option, but we've not replaced him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
Southernboy
August 31, 2014, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Fair points Ginny and Maringer but I didn't except Lenny to make himself unavailable quite so quickly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
HackneyHaddock
August 31, 2014, 9:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Send for the Tonk!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.