4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
marinerdean
August 28, 2014, 10:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
Quoted from codcheeky
Hull out, If i was a Hull fan a would be asking why the strongest team possible wasnt played, first time in europe and fringe players in, maybe bruce has had enough with his time at manure and just not interested in europa league  

I did read somewhere, due to how many fixtures they would've had because of the league and Europe that Bruce was going to pick a different starting 11 that plays in the premier league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
bobbyturtle
August 29, 2014, 12:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from marinerdean

I did read somewhere, due to how many fixtures they would've had because of the league and Europe that Bruce was going to pick a different starting 11 that plays in the premier league

thats if they had qualified, surely would have financially and experiencially  better to get there and then prioritised, it was only one game?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Les Brechin
August 29, 2014, 7:20am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from bobbyturtle

thats if they had qualified, surely would have financially and experiencially  better to get there and then prioritised, it was only one game?

I agree, surely they should have put out their strongest team to ensure they qualified for the group stages before the squad rotation.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
coddy60
August 29, 2014, 7:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Balls to em, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
marinerdean
August 29, 2014, 9:53am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
Quoted from bobbyturtle

Well he's put a different team out for Europe than he has the premier league everytime.

Personally I think he just underestimated the opposition and it's cost them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
barrattstandman
August 29, 2014, 11:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
A friend had a spare ticket last night, and against my better wishes went along to see the game. The outcome is that I will be in no hurry to go back unless Town are playing. It was  lacking in atmosphere, there was no passion among the fans. It seemed like they were only there because the Targers were a premier team in Europe. I am not joking and completely unbiased in saying that the side Bruce put out Town would have beaten! There was absolutely no skill from Premiership squad players. Neilson would have had a field day, Brown would had won every tackle and LJL would have been subject to a million pound offer. Sagbo and Aluko would have struggled in the conference. In fact Aluko's sister looks a better player than him. Give me the conference any day, you are close to the play, you can have a word with the players pre match, they will sign autographs etc. Most importantly you feel part of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Perkins
August 29, 2014, 11:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Headline in one of todays papers.
"Tigers Extinct In Europe"
Made me smile anyway.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 29, 2014, 7:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Hull will do well if they can finish 4th from bottom of the Prem. They might not be so lucky this year though.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Abdul19
August 30, 2014, 1:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
With going out of Europe, signing Michael Dawson and the large amount of rubbish teams in the Prem I'm concerned they might stay up.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hull City in Europe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.