Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, August 21, 2014, 1:15pm
If City get to the group stages it's going to be very hard to stay up because of all the extra games.

Should we be wanting Hull to win tonight?
Posted by: denni266, August 21, 2014, 1:31pm; Reply: 1
Not in any way a hull fan, but  yes,, about time there was someone different other than the usual , arsnic. man poo , chelski etc.
They have earned the right to be in it
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 21, 2014, 1:54pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from denni266
Not in any way a hull fan, but  yes,, about time there was someone different other than the usual , arsnic. man poo , chelski etc.
They have earned the right to be in it

They didn't though really did they?

They only qualified by default as FA Cup Winners Arsenal had qualified for The Champions League. If they had lost to any other team than the top 4 in The FA Cup Final they wouldn't be in Europe this season.

Posted by: denni266, August 21, 2014, 2:02pm; Reply: 3
They was still there to get in it tho
Posted by: Garth, August 21, 2014, 2:32pm; Reply: 4
Yes been very kind to us regarding decent loan players recently and would look sympathetically to us should we require a loan striker

COME ON HULL
Posted by: moosey_club, August 21, 2014, 2:49pm; Reply: 5
Dont particularly like them so hope they crash out but as previously stated above by a.n other something different at least.......of course though with it comes the down side of Burnsy and Co larging it up as well as Look North and Calendar bigging them up all over..
Posted by: Bradford Mariner, August 21, 2014, 3:07pm; Reply: 6
I would like them to get stuffed, like I wish for every game they play.

Our history with Hull should speak for itself.

UTM
Posted by: supertown, August 21, 2014, 3:15pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Bradford Mariner

UTM

Agree
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 21, 2014, 3:17pm; Reply: 8
is this on tv tonight anywere ?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 21, 2014, 3:38pm; Reply: 9
Their chairman's a ballsy fella -and they've been generous with loans so why not?  ;)
Posted by: highcliff mariner, August 21, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Their chairman's a ballsy fella -and they've been generous with loans so why not?  ;)

Cos its ull :)
Posted by: mariner tommy, August 21, 2014, 3:50pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Bradford Mariner

UTM

Our complete record against Hull City since 1905 is-

P    W    D    L     F     A
53   18   13  22   67   81

UTM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 21, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 12
Next people will be hoping scunny stay up...
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 21, 2014, 4:21pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jonnyboy82
is this on tv tonight anywere ?

Not as far as I know.

I don't think the TV companies show much interest in The Europa League until the Group Stages. There'll probably be a dodgy internet stream somewhere though I'd have thought.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 21, 2014, 4:29pm; Reply: 14
I am completely indifferent to it.
Posted by: northbankmariner, August 21, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 15
Can't say I want hull to win to be honest. It is bad enough all the local media coverage centres around them as they are a premier league team as it is. Would their fans be wishing us success should the roles be reversed? Would they Eckers like. If they get through to the group stages it will generate significant revenue for them to strengthen even further. If people on here think that's great as they will lend us players they are wrong IMO, the gulf in standards is way to big these days for any of their players to gain any real benefit in coming here. It is painfully seeing their success so honestly hope they get beat.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 21, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 16
Most people from the bransherm (bransholme) thought they were playing new holland
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 21, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin

They didn't though really did they?

They only qualified by default as FA Cup Winners Arsenal had qualified for The Champions League. If they had lost to any other team than the top 4 in The FA Cup Final they wouldn't be in Europe this season.

Correct but if they had played anybody that was not in the top 4,

They might have won the cup. 8)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 21, 2014, 7:20pm; Reply: 18
I mulled this argument with the Cup Final.  I feel like there's such a gulf now between the two sides and we haven't played each other in anger for donkey's years, that it's ceased to really be any kind of meaningful rivalry.  I remember us beating them in the League Cup in about 1988/9(can someone verify?) in one of my first games but that's it.

I'd really love us to be at a level where we could be caring about Hull City, and them caring about us.  As it stands, we're not there, and good luck to them.  I don't want to be "one of those fans" who go stupidly overboard in their hatred of other teams.  Think how Leeds fans get about Man U, or how some Scots get pathetically-obsessed with wanting England to lose- it's just sad.  Sure Hull have had some good fortune to get where they are, but well done to them, their council and the City for making the most of what they had.  I wish the same can-do attitude prevailed in GY.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 21, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 19
Just heard they lost.

Oh well

Sorry, err werl
Posted by: GrimRob, August 21, 2014, 10:31pm; Reply: 20
1-0 away loss but it's only the first leg
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 22, 2014, 1:03pm; Reply: 21
If they concede at home though they'll need to get 3 to go through...nicely balanced tie I'd say
Posted by: Biccys, August 22, 2014, 4:00pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from 1739
Next people will be hoping scunny stay up...

Now that's just silly.... nobody wants to see that.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 28, 2014, 9:00pm; Reply: 23
I'd forgotten the second leg was tonight

Hull scored a quick goal to level the tie but then Lokeren scored the valuable away goal just after half time

Credit to the Targers though they've hit back again so 2-2 on aggregate as things stand...

Bet Burnsy is biting his nails  ;)
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 28, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 24
Nah his tongue is stuck up steve bruce's backside.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 28, 2014, 9:04pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from friskneymariner
Nah his tongue is stuck up steve bruce's backside.

Guess that's what you call a tongue in cheek comment  ;)
Posted by: Willgtfc, August 28, 2014, 9:09pm; Reply: 26
Personaly from my point of veiw I don't mind hull city to be fair unfortunatly we are miles apart in football terms and can never see them affecting us so good luck to them ! Where as if it was scunny I hope they get relegated and go down the league just like we did !
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 28, 2014, 9:10pm; Reply: 27
red card for citeh
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 28
Targers going out if they don't score again.
Posted by: codcheeky, August 28, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 29
Hull out, If i was a Hull fan a would be asking why the strongest team possible wasnt played, first time in europe and fringe players in, maybe bruce has had enough with his time at manure and just not interested in europa league  
Posted by: marinerdean, August 28, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from codcheeky
Hull out, If i was a Hull fan a would be asking why the strongest team possible wasnt played, first time in europe and fringe players in, maybe bruce has had enough with his time at manure and just not interested in europa league  

I did read somewhere, due to how many fixtures they would've had because of the league and Europe that Bruce was going to pick a different starting 11 that plays in the premier league
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 29, 2014, 12:44am; Reply: 31
Quoted from marinerdean

I did read somewhere, due to how many fixtures they would've had because of the league and Europe that Bruce was going to pick a different starting 11 that plays in the premier league

thats if they had qualified, surely would have financially and experiencially  better to get there and then prioritised, it was only one game?
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 29, 2014, 7:20am; Reply: 32
Quoted from bobbyturtle

thats if they had qualified, surely would have financially and experiencially  better to get there and then prioritised, it was only one game?

I agree, surely they should have put out their strongest team to ensure they qualified for the group stages before the squad rotation.
Posted by: coddy60, August 29, 2014, 7:40am; Reply: 33
Balls to em, UTM
Posted by: marinerdean, August 29, 2014, 9:53am; Reply: 34
Quoted from bobbyturtle

Well he's put a different team out for Europe than he has the premier league everytime.

Personally I think he just underestimated the opposition and it's cost them
Posted by: barrattstandman, August 29, 2014, 11:55am; Reply: 35
A friend had a spare ticket last night, and against my better wishes went along to see the game. The outcome is that I will be in no hurry to go back unless Town are playing. It was  lacking in atmosphere, there was no passion among the fans. It seemed like they were only there because the Targers were a premier team in Europe. I am not joking and completely unbiased in saying that the side Bruce put out Town would have beaten! There was absolutely no skill from Premiership squad players. Neilson would have had a field day, Brown would had won every tackle and LJL would have been subject to a million pound offer. Sagbo and Aluko would have struggled in the conference. In fact Aluko's sister looks a better player than him. Give me the conference any day, you are close to the play, you can have a word with the players pre match, they will sign autographs etc. Most importantly you feel part of the club.
Posted by: Perkins, August 29, 2014, 11:59am; Reply: 36
Headline in one of todays papers.
"Tigers Extinct In Europe"
Made me smile anyway.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 29, 2014, 7:57pm; Reply: 37
Hull will do well if they can finish 4th from bottom of the Prem. They might not be so lucky this year though.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 30, 2014, 1:13am; Reply: 38
With going out of Europe, signing Michael Dawson and the large amount of rubbish teams in the Prem I'm concerned they might stay up.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 1:32pm