BIGChris
April 14, 2014, 7:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Sounds awful. Maybe the Trust could raise it with the Club.

Timing?

We held a meeting with the club on Friday to go through the results of the recent survey. Amongst the questions, some may recall was the perception of the ticket office.

We will now be discussing this particular incident .

Without hearing both sides I would say that the treatment of disabled supporters is laid down in the customer charter. From memory there are specific things that need to be produced to qualify BUT there seems to be a complete lack of common sense and humility in this case.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
gobby
April 14, 2014, 7:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
This will not be the first complaint about a certain couple of Girls women that work in the office.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
denni266
April 14, 2014, 7:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
I have been in there loads of times to get tickets, and alto never had a problem getting tickets for where i wanted to be , smiles and a nice welcome do seem to be missing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Les Brechin
April 14, 2014, 7:35am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,700
Gold Stars: 174
When I first came out of hospital after my last operation in August 2011, I was given a disabled bus pass as the DVLA had revoked my driving licence for a year. I also now have a disabled railcard too and was told by another Mariners fan that many clubs allow you in for concession rate, just on production of a disabled railcard.

Although I don't see myself as disabled I did use this card on a couple of occasions at away games and was allowed in no problem just by showing my railcard (which incidentally has no photograph on it). However, I don't use it now as I do feel like I'm cheating a bit, if you know what I mean.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
jonnyboy82
April 14, 2014, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Name and shame

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
StiggsGTFC
April 14, 2014, 9:15am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from Les Brechin

Although I don't see myself as disabled I did use this card on a couple of occasions at away games and was allowed in no problem just by showing my railcard (which incidentally has no photograph on it). However, I don't use it now as I do feel like I'm cheating a bit, if you know what I mean.

This.

It is a very difficult situation as to where you draw the line. Some people with exactly the same problem will see themselves as disabled and some will not.
As Chris pointed out if there is a club charter on this issue then was it followed in this instance? Also, as he pointed out both sides of the story need to be heard before rushing to a judgment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
psgmariner
April 14, 2014, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I think the staff in the ticket office are great. Never had any problem with them and they are usually very helpful.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
Tinymariner
April 14, 2014, 9:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
This is absolutely disgusting and infuriates me. I am please that this will be addressed by the trust shortly but feel appalled that any supporter would be treated in this manner but especially a visiting fan. GTFC ticket office, sort it out! UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
Les Brechin
April 14, 2014, 9:52am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,700
Gold Stars: 174
I do still use my disabled railcard to get the 34% off all train journeys though as I do officially qualify for one due to the fact that I have a medical exemption certificate for free prescriptions, as I have to take anti-epilepsy meds on an on-going basis. I just don't use it to get cheap entry into grounds, even though I could do at most places if I wanted.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Marinerz93
April 14, 2014, 7:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think the biggest lesson here is not that she needs to go on a course dealing with vulnerable customers (disabled, aged etc) but making her aware that she can not judge others as her family members act.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chester Disabled supporter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.