18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 25, 2014, 10:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
How long have we been stuck on 40 odd points? Seems like forever.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 171
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2014, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Another flagship night in the reign of King John - has anyone  won Euromillions?
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 171
Les Brechin
February 25, 2014, 10:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
From having a lot of games in hand and only a few points behind the teams above us it's not looking very good now.

Barnet 8 points behind but 5 games in hand (means we need to win at least 3 of those)
Alfreton 8 points behind and now only 4 games in hand. (again need to win at least 3)
Salisbury 4 points behind but 4 games in hand which makes Saturdays game a must-win or else they'll be looking hard to catch now too.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 171
Caesar
February 25, 2014, 10:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from jonnyboy82

We know it will get better?

How many years you been saying that.

Fenty to break the bank to get gary mills or steve burr , both cant be on big contracts.

Time to save our season or this will end like the last one

Do not think we can gamble that heavily on 'a saviour' as the turmoil would be unlikely to help.  When we are hardly in a good financial situation with almost all our squad out of contract at the end of the season think we have to be somewhat prudent.  I would rather have a club to support than no club!

That said this is becoming a big crunch time for Hurst, what started as a blip is now becoming a severe slump.  However if we can get past this and rediscover some of our earlier season form we should still be in the playoffs and as long as do not play as badly as last year in them we have a chance.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 171
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 25, 2014, 10:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,692
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from ginnywings
How long have we been stuck on 40 odd points? Seems like forever.

We reached the 40 point mark on december 19th when we beat kidderminster I beleive, 9 out of 24 since, so had we won all our games, we'd be sitting in second, on 64 points, 8 points behind luton, with 3 game in hand worth a potential 9 points. Obviously it we were never going to win them all, just shows how well luton have done though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 171
Garth
February 25, 2014, 10:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Shaun Pearson`s interview was honest and to the point, blames himself for the second goal and is determined to right it on Saturday.
Still in with a great chance but require loan bodies in now to cover injuries
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 171
Badger57
February 25, 2014, 10:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from nightrider
[quote=284]

That said, I think we will beat Salisbury and then go on and make the play offs! After all, we all want the manager to stay.

Errr, I don't! He's got no energy, no ideas and no inspiration. (Unless that was sarcsm but it's lost on me tonight as I've had to much J.D. to drown my sorrows! )  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 171
marinette
February 25, 2014, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Big test for Paul Hurst now, in terms of dealing with pressure.  Obviously he's been through it before, but not by himself, and I expect Scott's shoulders were quite broad - it must be tough to have to deal with it alone when you're used to being in a partnership.  A test for the players too - we will soon see how much they are prepared to give of themselves in supporting their gaffer and how much of a cohesive team they really are when things aren't going to plan.  Everybody was praising their team spirit during the first half of the season, and saying that was the big difference between this year and last year - well let's see how good that spirit really is.

And a test for the fans too of course (not that we need to prove ourselves - had plenty of traumas to overcome in the last few years and come through them OK), but again we have a choice.  Continue to support the team or throw in the towel.  Let's see who does what.  

Private Message
Reply: 157 - 171
grimps
February 25, 2014, 10:33pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Garth
Shaun Pearson`s interview was honest and to the point, blames himself for the second goal and is determined to right it on Saturday.
Still in with a great chance but require loan bodies in now to cover injuries

Was this the same Shaun Pearson that said we wasnt going to repeat the mistakes of last season and was looking forwards to giving Southport a wallopping in tonights Telegraph ?
Words mean nothing from this lot anymore
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 171
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 25, 2014, 10:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,692
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from marinette
Big test for Paul Hurst now, in terms of dealing with pressure.  Obviously he's been through it before, but not by himself, and I expect Scott's shoulders were quite broad - it must be tough to have to deal with it alone when you're used to being in a partnership.  A test for the players too - we will soon see how much they are prepared to give of themselves in supporting their gaffer and how much of a cohesive team they really are when things aren't going to plan.  Everybody was praising their team spirit during the first half of the season, and saying that was the big difference between this year and last year - well let's see how good that spirit really is.

And a test for the fans too of course (not that we need to prove ourselves - had plenty of traumas to overcome in the last few years and come through them OK), but again we have a choice.  Continue to support the team or throw in the towel.  Let's see who does what.  

You say that, but when? From what I know about his career he's been at two teams that were good for their league, and led them to high positions in those leagues, then he's come here which should be a similiar scenario, but theres more pressure, and you could argue looking at the tail end of last season and then now, that maybe the pressure is a bit too much. Everyones got to learn, but tonights result has got to be the tipping point, and now he can't just put another team out and hope for a better performance and a bit of luck, I think he's got to try something different, doesn't have to be drastic, but theres flaws in our system in struggling to break down opposition and being hit on the break so i'd like to see some pro-activeness from the manager and a willingness to change things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southport (a) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.