6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
March 19, 2013, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,918
Gold Stars: 264
To the train station, where I've got to wait on my own for an hour in the freezing cold for my train. I don't think we managed a single shot on target all game and didn't look like we would score if we'd played for a month.

I don't understand the decision to drop Thomas for Wood, it cost us the goal. Surely we should have scouted them and known their right winger was rapid so why put a slower defender there?! Wood jumped in and got done for pace. Apart from that he didn't do too bad but he nullifies our threat down the left cause he has to cut in on his right.

Why are we second to every single second ball?! Disley and Naylor are both good players but until the last five minutes he fame just passed them by.

Why do we insist on playing long balls but having nobody run on to the flick on?! If you're going to play long ball then get someone gambling on it every time! The shop won quite a few headers but nobody ever read it.

Why can't we cross a ball? We didn't put one good ball in all game, not one player out of 14 managed it, it's embarrassing.

Im starting to think we over exerted ourselves getting ourselves to the top and now we've just burnt out. We don't look like scoring, I can't see where a goal will come from let alone a win.

Nuneaton were tidy. They pressed us hard and knocked it around. They weren't afraid to receive it in tight areas an they were sharp off the ball, making runs and creating space. We looked like the part timers, under pressure we just hoofed it or lost it. Half the time we couldn't even control it.

The sad thing is there isn't even anything that gives me hope. We've tried every combination of personnel and nothing is changing. Unless we try to get the ball down and play, start moving off the ball or even do long ball properly with runners for the flick on then we're going to keep losing. We are really going to struggle to make the play offs in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
FishOutOfWater
March 19, 2013, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Sorry for you that you had to go and pay to witness that

It sounded dire on the radio and you've just summarised everything we heard on the commentary over the course of the game

A poor poor performance all round with no goal threat whatsoever from the sounds of it  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 55
chaos33
March 19, 2013, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,986
Gold Stars: 365
Quoted from mariner91
To the train station, where I've got to wait on my own for an hour in the freezing cold for my train. I don't think we managed a single shot on target all game and didn't look like we would score if we'd played for a month.

I don't understand the decision to drop Thomas for Wood, it cost us the goal. Surely we should have scouted them and known their right winger was rapid so why put a slower defender there?! Wood jumped in and got done for pace. Apart from that he didn't do too bad but he nullifies our threat down the left cause he has to cut in on his right.

Why are we second to every single second ball?! Disley and Naylor are both good players but until the last five minutes he fame just passed them by.

Why do we insist on playing long balls but having nobody run on to the flick on?! If you're going to play long ball then get someone gambling on it every time! The shop won quite a few headers but nobody ever read it.

Why can't we cross a ball? We didn't put one good ball in all game, not one player out of 14 managed it, it's embarrassing.

Im starting to think we over exerted ourselves getting ourselves to the top and now we've just burnt out. We don't look like scoring, I can't see where a goal will come from let alone a win.

Nuneaton were tidy. They pressed us hard and knocked it around. They weren't afraid to receive it in tight areas an they were sharp off the ball, making runs and creating space. We looked like the part timers, under pressure we just hoofed it or lost it. Half the time we couldn't even control it.

The sad thing is there isn't even anything that gives me hope. We've tried every combination of personnel and nothing is changing. Unless we try to get the ball down and play, start moving off the ball or even do long ball properly with runners for the flick on then we're going to keep losing. We are really going to struggle to make the play offs in my opinion.

I put a lot of stock in that testimony. Sorry for you mate that you wasted your time and money. They don't deserve it. Think you raise a lot of good points.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 19, 2013, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,114
Gold Stars: 200
We were shocking. The 0 flattered us!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
mariner91
March 19, 2013, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It was truly terrible, if a neutral went and was asked where we were in the table they would say bottom. We cannot cross, we cannot pass, we can't even control the ball half the time. There is no clever movement, no invention, nothing at all that looks like a spark that might get us a goal. Playing like that we'll be lucky to score five more goals all season. The worst thing is we don't even press hard when defending, the players looked half dead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
mariner91
March 19, 2013, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Throw ins were a microcosm of the game. They looked to get it into feet. They had at least two or three players dart in and out, creating space and moving us about and they took it quickly, controlled it well and played from there. We looked to go long. There was zero movement, nobody moving quickly or looking like they wanted the ball. It was chucked to the shop and whether he won it or not, it would go straight to them. Every time. They are part time and looked streets ahead of us in fitness, effort, ideas and sadly even ability. So embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
March 19, 2013, 10:38pm
Guest User
Feel sorry for you pal having to watch that excrement my ears are bleeding just listening to it, anyway respect to you for travelling down top man!
Reply: 6 - 55
South Lincs Mariner
March 19, 2013, 10:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
You are a credit to your club my friend as a supporter - have a safe journey home !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 19, 2013, 10:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,114
Gold Stars: 200
Worst reform acne I have witnessed in many a year

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
Stevie Saunders
March 19, 2013, 11:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Tondeur sounded thoroughly miserable on RH so God knows what it must have been like for fans
We have no spark, no confidence and (half the time) no collective brain
If Macc beat us on Tuesday (48 hrs after Wembley and in our frame of mind they will win) they are 3pts behind us; what price the play offs now?
I can;t even raise a smile over Lincoln dropping into bottom four...well, perhaps a slight smirk
Utterly depressing and unbelievable from where we were 3/4 weeks ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.