6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
cod.gtfc
March 19, 2013, 11:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Stevie Saunders

If Macc beat us on Tuesday (48 hrs after Wembley and in our frame of mind they will win) they are 3pts behind us

That would be impressive whilst we play Gateshead

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
mariner2000
March 19, 2013, 11:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 5
I went  and luckily only had to return to Leicester. It was roughly my first away game for about 8-10 year (excluding Wembley/Cardiff).

I went understanding we were having a dip in form, a blip in our fantastic season, a pre womble wobble, but oh my god.

I still can't fathom the performance I saw tonight, I really just can't comprehend how bad we were.  I cannot think of one player that came out of this game with credit, of any kind.

Yes I think that losing Niven is hurting the team and Disley is struggling through injury and change of partner but for every single player to be clueless tonight is inexplicable.

If they were playing for their Wembley places why weren't they told BEFORE the game, in truth how can this be the case, which players have competition for places who is actually eligible to play at Wembley???

Sorry but I really just do not understand what I have just witnessed
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 11 - 55
paulgtfc
March 19, 2013, 11:20pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
As crap performances go, this was a shocker. One shot on target per BBC - don't recall that at all.

Nuneaton played well albeit we let them. Less desire, psychological one-eye-on-Wembley, clueless decision making + collective refusal to take on responsibility helped cause this defeat.

We looked like a team that has run its course. Other teams have worked out how to stop us and we have no answer - similar happened at this stage last season.

The performance was totally unacceptable but i take my hat off to the players for still acknowledging the loyal 266. Looking at tonight/recent results, they are too mentally weak to sustain the promotion challenge now the going has got tough.

Only hope is that Wembley inspires us on Sunday and kick starts our season again. Getting outplayed by Nuneaton doesn't bode well for a top 5 place. I'm sorry the regular away following had to endure such a gutless / toothless performance tonight.

JLJ did put himself about and showed some decent touches (when he received some service that is).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 19, 2013, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,114
Gold Stars: 200
The team looked like they had met for the first time, 10 minutes after kick off! That's how bad they were.

Mckeown didn't do anything wrong

Defence looked shaky

Midfield non existent

Hannah/LJL were somewhere over the Azores!

I like Bradley wood, but think to drop Thomas for him was a strange decision. Hannah looked nervous and LJL, well, I've seen a turnip with Tourette's have better communication and playing ability!

If that's the best we have, then we are doomed.

Stand out player for me was right winger Shaun pearson!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
bobbyturtle
March 19, 2013, 11:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
i hope the managers are learning.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
FishOutOfWater
March 19, 2013, 11:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from bobbyturtle
i hope the managers are learning.

I think what they are learning is that a lot of our players don't have the balls to go all out for wins

Too many times just lately they don't seem to have given all out effort and without winning their own personal battles they've not got a chance collectively as a team  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 55
80sglory
March 19, 2013, 11:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91
I don't understand the decision to drop Thomas for Wood, it cost us the goal. Surely we should have scouted them and known their right winger was rapid so why put a slower defender there?!

Wembley ? (as well as his performance on Sat I guess)

As for Wood said I wouldn't have done it before the game.
Been saying Wood at left back's a risk for months...

I'm not suprised Rob Scott wants Wembley out the way !

Reply: 16 - 55
mariner91
March 19, 2013, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,918
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 1600

Wembley ? (as well as his performance on Sat I guess)

As for Wood said I wouldn't have done it before the game.
Been saying Wood at left back's a risk for months...

I'm not suprised Rob Scott wants Wembley out the way !

Possibly but they're always saying they change the team depending on the opposition. Surely they should have known how quick their right winger was so why on earth do you take out a quick left footed left back and put somebody in who is slower and right footed?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
BIGChris
March 20, 2013, 12:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Just back to Gy.

Over the course of the season i have defended the players aganst many because i felt, for the first time in many a year, we had a group who, despite not being technically fantastic, they were well organised, had a game plan and gave there all.

Tonight i cannot defend them.

There was no shape or pattern to the play. Long aimless hoofs, little or no passing to feet, and little movement.

Hannah was substituted early in the 2nd half because he had been totally ineffective. The reason primarily is every ball aimed at him was 3 feet above his head. I really felt for him as he must have felt he had a good chance of playing at Wembley given he had got a start, yet he had no chance whatsoever to impress, mainly due to others inability to play to his feet.

I dont blame Wood for their goal. He was simply beaten by a much faster player. I will say that the Nuneaton team that got a 0-0 draw at BP last August were the worst team i have seen all season. Tonight they thoroughly deserved the points, not just through hard work and desire but they had a shape and threat to them all night.

LJL gets a lot of stick, and he isnt the best player I have seen, but he gave more than many in a Town shirt tonight.

Miller was probbaly my MOM, Marshall did well the first 10 mins of the 2nd half after replacing the worringly ineffective Devitt and Cook won lots in the air once he wa sintroduced.

I understand the managements reasons for the rotation of players but i cant help thinking that the lack of continuity has played a significant part in the turnaround in results.

Outfought, outplayed and outthought. Not acceptable to the loyal band of followers who i would guess numbered around 250?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
mariner91
March 20, 2013, 12:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,918
Gold Stars: 264
264 is the official number. And yeah, agree with most of your comments. The thing that really hurt was the lack of fight in the team, the only time we looked like we had any was when Naylor got booked and he's not even technically our player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.