This thread currently has 2,471 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
hook line and sinker
March 19, 2013, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Is this the reason in the downturn in form? I'm lead to believe there is a few key players that contracts run out at the end of the season.maybe offers arent good enough or players are unsettled worried about uncertainty were they are going to be playing next season.can anyone answer why LJL has been signed on a 18 month deal but we haven't signed any of our players up on new contracts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Belfast Town
March 19, 2013, 10:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,703
Gold Stars: 19
If LJL was the answer, what the feck was the question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
cod.gtfc
March 19, 2013, 10:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
I doubt contract offers have been made, until recently we didn't know which league we would be in.

and if players are worried about not knowing where they are playing next season, then on recent performances it will be a local sunday league side not professional football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 19, 2013, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,114
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Belfast Town
If LJL was the answer, what the feck was the question?

How can we ruin the season?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
northbankmariner
March 19, 2013, 10:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
i cant see this being the problem.    i will conced that the uncertainty of not having a guarenteed job offer for next season could be a distraction , but for me i would be busting a gut out there to say hey gaffers there is no way you can do without me next season, i would be trying to beat my man, be stronger than ever in the tackle, running my b@lls off during the match and and just putting in 100% effort, at town us fans that is all we ask for deep down,. we are not world beaters and the skill factor isnt as high as it could be but please put more effort in lads and earn those new contracts, us fans want you to be successfull and you should want that for yourselves to.

maybe i am being too negative tonight after that result.   maybe my judgement which is normally very fair has been clouded, i should go and have a warm glass of milk and go to bed early.  goodnight fishies

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
porkies
March 19, 2013, 10:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Anybody who has read 'Only a Game? Diary of a Professional Footballer' by Eamon Dunphy will know that some players at some clubs have personal agendas which do not match the ambitions of the fans for a variety of reasons. This could well be the case at Blundell Park? In a situation like this strong management can make the difference. Being confrontational does not necessarily equate to being strong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
tashee69
March 20, 2013, 12:02am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

How can we ruin the season?

Can't blame him for the poor defending, can't blame him for hoofing it down the pitch, can't blame him for the lack of chances being created by the wingers crosses or from corners. He may be crap but at the minute he seems to be have others around around him who are as bad but living off the fact they had a good end to 2012.  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 20, 2013, 12:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
I dont think people are blamimg LJL. The criticism is of the people who pick him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
TownLad87
March 20, 2013, 12:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
please don't renew hatton's contract

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
jaygy
March 20, 2013, 12:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Back onto the LJL subject again? He was the only one that put an almost reasonable amount of effort in tonight and it was most definitely the players around him that let him down . He is being made a scapegoat for our downturn in form but does nobody think he has come at the wrong time and would have thrived in the in form side?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.