Googlebot and 117 Guests

Scott appeals to fans

This thread currently has 1,736 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
March 14, 2013, 9:04pm
Guest User
On MP.
Calls the fans on Tuesday excellent and says this is a time we need everyone to get behind them.
Says we're gonna need everyone's help.

Couldn't agree more.
UTM
March 14, 2013, 9:08pm
Guest User
Huge couple of weeks. 4 home games left we need to pack BP in each of those.
Reply: 1 - 15
ponnyfan
March 14, 2013, 9:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Terrific atmosphere on Tuesday need to keep this up and get firmly behind the team - Up the Mariners !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
1mickylyons
March 14, 2013, 9:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Im embarrassed he felt the need but after attending last weeks 1-3 defeat not suprised the crowd was arguably the worst this Season and the Seagulls shitting in the Mainstand made more noise than the Pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
carrot top
March 14, 2013, 10:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
The Pontoon is very poor in creating an atmosphere and the top left is pathetic really. Where have all the young noisy fans gone from that stand? It looked like 30-40 of them at best. The seats in front of them were empty. I was in the main stand and was shocked to see the Pontoon like that

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
March 14, 2013, 11:07pm
Guest User
I criticised the attendences earlier on in the the season and was told "wait until the the end of seasons if we are still up there challenging the crowds will flock back" well apart from the final game against Newport there will be no packing of the park I'm afraid.
Reply: 5 - 15
Marinerz93
March 14, 2013, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 2578
I criticised the attendences earlier on in the the season and was told "wait until the the end of seasons if we are still up there challenging the crowds will flock back" well apart from the final game against Newport there will be no packing of the park I'm afraid.

You brought this up when the gate was just over 3,000, now that you have experienced yet another defeat when the gate was again over 4,500 do you see the point that others were making.  The gate on Saturday will be between 3,500 and 4,000 because of the Kidderminster game, Tuesday nights result and us being 5th.

I take it that now we have sold over 12,500 for Wembley you are no longer walking away from supporting Town.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
March 14, 2013, 11:40pm
Guest User
I will be surprised if there is 3500 on sat the same old tired excuses will be out in force but I will be there, 12500 for wembley is that it? And I used the 12000 mark because lets be honest any less would of been shameful.
Reply: 7 - 15
Gary Haddock
March 14, 2013, 11:52pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from carrot top
The Pontoon is very poor in creating an atmosphere and the top left is pathetic really. Where have all the young noisy fans gone from that stand? It looked like 30-40 of them at best. The seats in front of them were empty. I was in the main stand and was shocked to see the Pontoon like that

And about 10-15 of us making any noise half the time. I have a rant now and then to try and get others involved but recently we've just got abuse shouted at us such as "boring!" "Part timers" etc. Hopefully that will change this weekend and we back the lads from the start.

I do miss the football league, we use stand proud together and have a laugh and got behind the lads (even though we ended up getting relegated) ... It just ain't the same.

But hey ho, a different day and different game. There's everything to play for so Lets back the lads. UTM.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
marinerian
March 14, 2013, 11:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
12,500 for a small cup game, the fact this is our 4th visit is not bad tbh.

Wembley is not seen as such a Mecca by fans once they have been there. Very expensive and a rip off venue if the truth be told!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott appeals to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.