2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
March 13, 2013, 10:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I hope our players have more fight in them than some of you on here. I'm glad we've got some leaders in our squad like Pearson, Disley and Miller that won't throw the towel in like loads on here and twitter have done in the last 24 hours.

Yes we've just lost two on the bounce but that's the first time that has happened all season. Last night we showed some of the 'Novermber-December form' in terms of performance, but just couldn't get the breakthrough.

I hope the gobbier ones in the Town dressing room - S.Pearson, Brodie, Cook, Macca, and of course Rob Scott - are getting everyone revved up for another charge at top spot.

I hope they're looking at the fixtures and seeing some of the games coming up:

Forest Green v Mansfield
Newport v Macclesfield
Wrexham v Luton
Newport v Kidderminster
Wrexham v Mansfield
Mansfield v Macclesfield
Hyde v Wrexham
Luton v Kidderminster
Wrexham v Macclesfield
Barrow v Mansfield
Wrexham v Kidderminster
Luton v Newport
Mansfield v Wrexham
TOWN v Newport

If anyone thinks some of the teams around the top aren't going to drop points, then your mad.

Lets use Saturdays game to start showing a bit of the fight (and i don't mean a la Burton) that we want our players to show in fighting for promotion.

Because Tuesday's performance (even if not the result) told me that these players do give a excrement, they will battle, and this title race isn't flipping over until some twit from Blue Square gives the illegitimate trophy to someone.

Keep believing and showing pride in our team and they might just believe enough to make it happen.

We are Town.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Belfast Town
March 13, 2013, 10:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Well said that man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
80sglory
March 13, 2013, 10:13pm
Guest User
Bloody well said, this is exactly the kind of fighting spirit we need.

I hope everyone is up for backing the boys to victory on Saturday too.
Bag 3 pts I'm sure we'll all feel much better and wonder what all the fuss was about.
Reply: 2 - 19
lobsterpot
March 13, 2013, 10:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
" and now you're gonna believe uuuuuuusssssss....we're gonna' win the league!!!!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
davmariner
March 13, 2013, 10:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Well said Tommy, could not have put it better myself.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
pizzzza
March 13, 2013, 10:46pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Agree entirely although I'm not sure why your using fixtures against Luton as tough games for our rivals  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Dan_Barker
March 13, 2013, 10:51pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +5
If you Mariners fans weren't already pumped up for saturday before reading this, that is one hell of a rallying cry, we've had our time to whine and cry about last night, it's in the past now, we need voices on saturday to sing loud and proud and then maybe just maybe things will go our way COME ON TOWN!!!

take me home
Grimsby road
to the place
I belong
to Blundell Park
to see the Mariners
take me home
Grimsby Road

twitter.com/BarkerDan7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
mariner91
March 13, 2013, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
I'm meant to have work on Saturday but balls to that, I'm getting myself to BP .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Tommy
March 13, 2013, 11:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from pizzzza
Agree entirely although I'm not sure why your using fixtures against Luton as tough games for our rivals  

The same reason I've included some games involving Macclesfield - on their day, if they get their act together, they are capable of beating anyone.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
FishOutOfWater
March 13, 2013, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Tommy
I hope our players have more fight in them than some of you on here. I'm glad we've got some leaders in our squad like Pearson, Disley and Miller that won't throw the towel in like loads on here and twitter have done in the last 24 hours.

Yes we've just lost two on the bounce but that's the first time that has happened all season. Last night we showed some of the 'Novermber-December form' in terms of performance, but just couldn't get the breakthrough.

I hope the gobbier ones in the Town dressing room - S.Pearson, Brodie, Cook, Macca, and of course Rob Scott - are getting everyone revved up for another charge at top spot.

I hope they're looking at the fixtures and seeing some of the games coming up:

Forest Green v Mansfield
Newport v Macclesfield
Wrexham v Luton
Newport v Kidderminster
Wrexham v Mansfield
Mansfield v Macclesfield
Hyde v Wrexham
Luton v Kidderminster
Wrexham v Macclesfield
Barrow v Mansfield
Wrexham v Kidderminster
Luton v Newport
Mansfield v Wrexham
TOWN v Newport

If anyone thinks some of the teams around the top aren't going to drop points, then your mad.

Lets use Saturdays game to start showing a bit of the fight (and i don't mean a la Burton) that we want our players to show in fighting for promotion.

Because Tuesday's performance (even if not the result) told me that these players do give a excrement, they will battle, and this title race isn't flipping over until some twit from Blue Square gives the illegitimate trophy to someone.

Keep believing and showing pride in our team and they might just believe enough to make it happen.

We are Town.

That's the spirit Tommy....up and at 'em!  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 24 hours later

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.