Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A time for reflection?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 127 Guests

A time for reflection?

This thread currently has 2,027 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
March 13, 2013, 10:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The league table this morning makes bad reading if you're a Town fan, and the title would be a massive task now given the current form of the other contenders. That's not to say that promotion is off the cards altogether though. We're still in a very favourable position for the play offs and they usually offer the promotion spot to the in form team at that particular time. It's obviously squeaky bum time, but we can still pull the season around even with another couple of poor results in the short term. As long as the team are doing well at the end of the season I'm still confident we have the ability to get back into the Football League. What won't help is the constant sniping and criticism, and now is the time for folk to get right behind the team and be the much heralded 12th man. It's still on......

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
aaron rattray
March 13, 2013, 10:28am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
If we win the next 2 games and other results go our way, it is still on, still hard though

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Rodley Mariner
March 13, 2013, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
A time for perspective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
BIGChris
March 13, 2013, 11:41am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jock dock tower
The league table this morning makes bad reading if you're a Town fan, and the title would be a massive task now given the current form of the other contenders. That's not to say that promotion is off the cards altogether though. We're still in a very favourable position for the play offs and they usually offer the promotion spot to the in form team at that particular time. It's obviously squeaky bum time, but we can still pull the season around even with another couple of poor results in the short term. As long as the team are doing well at the end of the season I'm still confident we have the ability to get back into the Football League. What won't help is the constant sniping and criticism, and now is the time for folk to get right behind the team and be the much heralded 12th man. It's still on......

THIS

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Jarmo.Is.God
March 13, 2013, 11:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
after drawing 3 and losing 1 in our first 4 games, the position we are in now is fantastic.

the managers and players have been a credit to us all this season and have made me proud to be a mariner for the first time in a long time.

we have got a cup final next week.

IMO title is not possible anymore, but the fact it is not possible after playing superb is better than playing dreadful and losing out on it.

it looks like the play-offs and IMO, we can do them.

mansfield -- 4-1 at home, lost 2-0 away - AGG 4-3
Luton -- 4-1 at home, not played away.
Newport -- 0-0 Away
FGR -- 1-0 home, 1-0 away - AGG 2-0
Kidderminster - ermmm, they are good, 0-0 away, 3-1 home.
Wrexham - 0-0 away, 1-0 home AGG1-0

have confidence !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
cod.gtfc
March 13, 2013, 12:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Its far from over for the title, especially with the fixtures Mansfield and Wrexham have coming up and our games in hand. Its got alot more difficult but with us no longer being favourites the pressure is now off and hopefully the players respond to that.

However nearly everyone would have been happy with play-offs at the start of the season and we are well on course for that, Kiddy are the only side I would fear playing in those, so promotion is still a very real possibility.

If we can't win the title then lets just repeat 1998 and make this another year to remember for those who didn't witness 1998.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
cmackenzie4
March 13, 2013, 12:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Good post John, maybe winning the title was always going to be a long shot especially with our run in and to be without Hearn and now Niven, We need to get behind the team and look at the playoffs,we will have Hearn and Niven back for this, It is a lottery in the playoffs, but i would fancy us over 2 legs against any of the teams above us, In a way it maybe take the pressure off us a little now, I have never known this division to be as tight as it is between 4 to 6 sides, I was disappointed in the result last night because it sounded like we played outstanding but we have to move on and hope we hit form just at the right time, I am sure the players are deflated too after last nights result so lets get behind the team and cheer them all the way.

UTM

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
oldludensian
March 13, 2013, 12:52pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
After having listened to some of the game last night I was very down (like many others at the final whistle), but having read some of the reports from the more respected posters on here who went I am still optomistic this season is far from over. I don't think we're title contenders now and the play offs are by no means a forgone conclusion but if S&H can get the troops motivated we can still make the play off final. I just hope we aren't too affected by the centre mid injuries and the FAT final.

Can't wait for Saturday. Bring. It On.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
wigworld
March 13, 2013, 1:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Good post John, maybe winning the title was always going to be a long shot especially with our run in and to be without Hearn and now Niven, We need to get behind the team and look at the playoffs,we will have Hearn and Niven back for this, It is a lottery in the playoffs, but i would fancy us over 2 legs against any of the teams above us, In a way it maybe take the pressure off us a little now, I have never known this division to be as tight as it is between 4 to 6 sides, I was disappointed in the result last night because it sounded like we played outstanding but we have to move on and hope we hit form just at the right time, I am sure the players are deflated too after last nights result so lets get behind the team and cheer them all the way.

UTM

This, and the fact that we'll have already had Wembley experience this season, should see us go up through the play-offs if necessary.
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 21
Sconeboy
March 13, 2013, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
My opinion is I honestly do not know what is going to happen. Nobody does and nobody will until the end of the season. Thats the beauty of football at this level. Will we win the league? Its possible, if the results go our way and we do our bit then it could happen. We know that this team can beat any of the remaning sides we have to play on our day, wether we will or not is another matter. In the event that we fall short, then the lottery of the playoffs it is.  Once in the playoffs we can't possibly guess whats going to happen. If last night proved anything to me then it was that one second of slack marking or one brilliant strike or move and thats it, game over.  The same rule applies in our favour and between now and the end of the season anything can happen.

So to those making predictions as to what will happen, you can't possibly know so just wait and see and hope for the best.  

Its squeaky bum time I'm afraid!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A time for reflection?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.