7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
CatchOfTheDay
March 13, 2013, 7:57am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
To all of the idiots out there, how is our season over? At the beginning of the season, if the managers guaranteed us a play off spot at this time of the month and a wembley trip, we would have snatched their hands off. So to all those gloom and doom's saying we have bottled it, we haven't. So get a grip and get behind the boys and support them.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
March 13, 2013, 8:26am
Guest User
Agree, we have lost two games on the bounce to teams 2nd and 3rd in the league and suddenly we are sh!t. What is interesting is that Niven goes out of the team and we start to wobble.
Reply: 1 - 63
Super Clive
March 13, 2013, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
To all the idiots.....please intercourse off.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
TAGG
March 13, 2013, 8:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Unfortunately I'm in S E Asia (90deg every day ) so will miss the rest of the season.
Dont forget folks 'Its not over till the fat lady sings'
If I were home I would be there supporting them so get behind the boys because they are not 'bottling it' just going through a hard time so will need the support more than ever.
You lot are lucky that you can have a day out and see Town lift the Trophy at Wembley I cant and I'm gutted.
Grimsby till I die.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
STB
March 13, 2013, 9:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Whether we win the league, finish in a playoff position or just miss out, its been a decent season and we already have a Wembley appearance.
As fans, all we can do is back the team and hope we achieve our aim of promotion.
I'm sure Luton would willingly swap positions with us !!
UTM

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
jaygy
March 13, 2013, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from TAGG
Unfortunately I'm in S E Asia (90deg every day ) so will miss the rest of the season.
Dont forget folks 'Its not over till the fat lady sings'
If I were home I would be there supporting them so get behind the boys because they are not 'bottling it' just going through a hard time so will need the support more than ever.
You lot are lucky that you can have a day out and see Town lift the Trophy at Wembley I cant and I'm gutted.
Grimsby till I die.  

Not missing the sun sea and sand in Killingholme then?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
forza ivano
March 13, 2013, 9:54am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
sorry but imho they have blown it for automatic promotion and at the mo i can't really see us beating any of the top 4 over 2 games. they have had their fate in their own hands for many weeks.as several people have said we've been winging it through games since xmas.
if you're going to win the league you have to get points at braintree and turn away draws into wins ,and take points off your competitors. it's certainly a big improvement on last year but it ain't going to be good enough imho

and next year we'll have a resurgent luton plus at least 1 of the wrexham/kiddy/mansfield. feckin non league!! i feckin hate it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
Rodley Mariner
March 13, 2013, 10:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from forza ivano
sorry but imho they have blown it for automatic promotion and at the mo i can't really see us beating any of the top 4 over 2 games. they have had their fate in their own hands for many weeks.as several people have said we've been winging it through games since xmas.
if you're going to win the league you have to get points at braintree and turn away draws into wins ,and take points off your competitors. it's certainly a big improvement on last year but it ain't going to be good enough imho

and next year we'll have a resurgent luton plus at least 1 of the wrexham/kiddy/mansfield. feckin non league!! i feckin hate it!

On what basis have we no chance of beating one of the other top teams over two legs? Over the two league games we'd have beaten Mansfield and Wrexham on an aggregate score. We were the better team last night for long spells of the game and just needed a break or two. Not suggesting we're nailed on to win the play-offs but to suggest we wouldn't be contenders is ridiculously negative. Plenty of time to rediscover our best form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
TAGG
March 13, 2013, 10:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from jaygy

Not missing the sun sea and sand in Killingholme then?  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
grimsby pete
March 13, 2013, 10:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Up to a couple of weeks ago we had only lost 4 games in the league all season,

Now we have lost 3 in the last 5 games, so we fans and the players are bound to be pis sed off a touch,

BUT

All good runs come to an end and all bad runs have to end as well,

Lets get behind the team and make our bad run end on saturday by beating Cambridge by a big score,

Do not give up yet, its all to play for.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the idiots

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.