This thread currently has 4,466 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Alfie
March 13, 2013, 12:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Echo what Chris said. He surmises it perfectly for me. (the other Chris isn't far off either...)
Gutted but more optimistic after tonight than before. It's gonna be a slog but we'll give out all.

Fantastic support tonight. Absolutely superb.

Believe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
ponnyfan
March 13, 2013, 12:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Highlight of the evening Jamie" The Windmill" Devitt prior to the second half free kick opportunity  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
aaron rattray
March 13, 2013, 12:31am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
We missed disley big big big big time, thanoj was a passenger 2nd half, 2 unmarked men scored, will,post my in depth thoughts tomorrow so look out for that thread

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
ticker_1610
March 13, 2013, 12:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Thanoj, was carried against Kiddy by Disley on Saturday and tonight the excellent Naylor had too much to do with Thanoj totally ineffective. Thanoj was weak, slow and immobile. My concern is Naylor looked like he tweaked his hamstring after a cracking cross field ball to the lively Devitt. If we lose Naylor n Disley we are up sht creek without a paddle. Before their second both Cook and Brodie were manhandled to the floor and the ref just totally ignored both fouls. A poor display by the officials and a very physical Mansfield team, that got away with far too many blatant fouls!

Not often I've left a game feeling robbed. But tonight Robin Hood wouldn't have done such a good robbery!
Hope we play with the same tempo n desire on Sat! UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
ponnyfan
March 13, 2013, 12:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from aaron rattray
We missed disley big big big big time, thanoj was a passenger 2nd half, 2 unmarked men scored, will,post my in depth thoughts tomorrow so look out for that thread

Can't wait

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
brad_gtfc
March 13, 2013, 1:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Very unlucky tonight, just not meant to be.

The performance has given me alot of hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
andygtfc247
March 13, 2013, 7:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from aaron rattray

Aaron be careful the grammar police will be waiting in anticipation to red pen your thread!

Make sure you proof read it fella  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Tommy
March 13, 2013, 8:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Agree with BigChris and ticker's posts really.

Until they scored, we were the better side and looking the most likely to go on and win.

Final ball was disappointing as most crosses were gifted straight into Marriotts hands, after getting into some good positions out wide.

A few occasions in the second half Marshall and Brodie had opportunities to shoot but didn't, and I don't think we worked their keeper enough.

Game-changing moment was Disley going off I'm afraid. Missed him in the second half as it left the classy Naylor, who I thought had a cracking game, fighting a 2-man battle on his own in the middle of the park. Thanoj was anonymous and despite the clamouring of many on here all season to get him in the team, isn't the answer for a team chasing promotion.

Cook was doing ok winning headers (especially 1st half) but doesn't get into enough positions where he can score goals. I know that's possibly often because he's the one dropping deep to win a header or chest it down and get it wide, but he doesn't seem to get in and around the box much, and won't be a proper goalscorer until he can play nearer the opposition goal.

After all that I was/am gutted we lost, but I wouldve been feeling a lot worse had we not played well. The fact that we worked hard and played well for the majority, gives me hope that we can get back to some good performances and winning ways.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
highcliff mariner
March 13, 2013, 9:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Tommy
Agree with BigChris and ticker's posts really.

Until they scored, we were the better side and looking the most likely to go on and win.

Final ball was disappointing as most crosses were gifted straight into Marriotts hands, after getting into some good positions out wide.

A few occasions in the second half Marshall and Brodie had opportunities to shoot but didn't, and I don't think we worked their keeper enough.

Game-changing moment was Disley going off I'm afraid. Missed him in the second half as it left the classy Naylor, who I thought had a cracking game, fighting a 2-man battle on his own in the middle of the park. Thanoj was anonymous and despite the clamouring of many on here all season to get him in the team, isn't the answer for a team chasing promotion.

Cook was doing ok winning headers (especially 1st half) but doesn't get into enough positions where he can score goals. I know that's possibly often because he's the one dropping deep to win a header or chest it down and get it wide, but he doesn't seem to get in and around the box much, and won't be a proper goalscorer until he can play nearer the opposition goal.

After all that I was/am gutted we lost, but I wouldve been feeling a lot worse had we not played well. The fact that we worked hard and played well for the majority, gives me hope that we can get back to some good performances and winning ways.

Didn't go last night , sat with earplugs in lol,but this is how it came across to me last night.
atmospere sounded superb, we sounded like we played well and (ok its 3 pts lost)seemed to mee that we are "up for it"oh and those that went were superb with their backing .

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Rodley Mariner
March 13, 2013, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I thought we played well and everybody did their bit. First half we were excellent and whilst Disley going off was obviously a blow I still thought we'd go on to win the game before their goal. The turning point for me was the couple of minutes early in the second half when their keeper made that excellent save down to his right and then the cross got flashed across the face of goal and glanced off the bar - one of those goes in and we go on to win the game in my opinion. The title looks difficult now but we need to get our heads down, secure a play-off place and we'll have as good a chance as the other three teams in there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.