Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On the pitch at Wembley!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 93 Guests

On the pitch at Wembley!!

This thread currently has 4,056 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
JonW
March 14, 2013, 12:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
anything for the 13,14 and 15 yr old members?

Sadly not at present, the FA rules round mascots and pitch activities have meant that this group of young fans have missed out this time. We are working hard to come up with something for this age group for after Wembley...any suggestions welcomed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
FishOutOfWater
March 14, 2013, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
I've put my name down for both the penalties and the Bobby Moore Suite nosh - I'm sure I could tuck one or the other away!

On the subject of the age limits, it is a bit of a shame that those falling between "children up to 12" and those "over 16s" might miss out on the extras

My son is 14 and while there are no guarantees he'd get the opportunity to be drawn out, he and many other kids who follow Town avidly all through the season are sadly being excluded (as things stand) from getting involved further in our big day out

If I am lucky enough to win the draw to take part in the penalty shoot out maybe he can pretend to be an overweight middle aged bloke reliving his childhood...  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 46
BIGChris
March 14, 2013, 2:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I agree with the issues about the 13-15 age group but there was nothing the Trust could do.

The FA gave us strict guidlines as to the qualifying ages, it was out of our hands, sorry
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
FishOutOfWater
March 14, 2013, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from BIGChris
I agree with the issues about the 13-15 age group but there was nothing the Trust could do.

The FA gave us strict guidlines as to the qualifying ages, it was out of our hands, sorry

I fully understand Chris.. these things sometimes happen

Explaining it to someone who would desperately love to be in with a shout but being excluded because of his age is tough...welcome to the real world where not everything is fair no matter how much you sugar coat it. Sad but true

All in all though I maintain this is a fantastic initiative for which the trust deserve massive respect for helping some lucky Town fans to have memories of the occasion that they can only dream of.

Well done to all involved! The trust take some criticism from some quarters but let's give them credit where due!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 46
lukeo
March 15, 2013, 7:42am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,399
Gold Stars: 149
I've put my name down for the penalties but not the other as i want to be in with the crowd

Will the winners be posted on here for those who can't get to the game when it's drawn?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Sconeboy
March 15, 2013, 10:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
How exactly do you enter? Just email the trust saying you want to be included?

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
psgmariner
March 15, 2013, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Sconeboy
How exactly do you enter? Just email the trust saying you want to be included?

Yes.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On the pitch at Wembley!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.