This thread currently has 1,616 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
kamakazebear
December 26, 2012, 11:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
In New Zealand for the time being, haven't listened to a game here yet but decided with this big occasion, I should give it a try. I've tried the BBC humberside website but it isn't working at all for me and the few apps I've downloaded give terrible reception. What's the best thing to use for anyone else stuck on the other side of the world?
Logged Offline
Private Message
A dingo stole my baby
December 26, 2012, 11:16am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
The BBC directly over the internet should be work fine for the league games as the licensing restrictions don't apply.

I have no issues listening in Brisbane.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
kamakazebear
December 26, 2012, 11:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
Could just be my phone, I kept clicking play but got a service unavailable message. I'll try again in a bit then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Simariner
December 26, 2012, 11:32am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Tuneinradio on your phone mate
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 20
shotandcursed
December 26, 2012, 11:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Quoted from Simariner
Tuneinradio on your phone mate

Agree. .   works everywhere!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
A dingo stole my baby
December 26, 2012, 11:35am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Trying to listen via a phone might be an issue as i think it requires different 'back end' stuff.

Would also think streaming via a mobile it would use a bit of your data plan and could be pricey so be careful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Doctor Sanchez
December 26, 2012, 11:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
You might be better off trying on a computer, all BBC's regional radio internet players require flash.  If your only option is a phone then you can try downloading the Tune-In Radio app from app store/android marketplace depending on your phone.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
shotandcursed
December 26, 2012, 11:41am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Trying to listen via a phone might be an issue as i think it requires different 'back end' stuff.

Would also think streaming via a mobile it would use a bit of your data plan and could be pricey so be careful.

There is a cutting edge technology available known as broadband wifi. Literally dozens of households have these in the UK (even Wales apparently)

Connect your phone download radio app and listen to tondeur

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
grimsby pete
December 26, 2012, 11:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Try sending Kiwipete a PM,

He should be able to help.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
tarka
December 26, 2012, 11:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 29
I don't think you ca nlisten in to any bbc stations from abroad. Try downloading expatshield and it will probably work (I think!)
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Radio down under

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.