siy2k5
December 20, 2012, 6:31pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from grimsby pete

Don't worry, the world does not end until after the match has finished.

Well that makes it a must win then, so we can be champions in the afterlife

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
Chrisblor
December 20, 2012, 6:32pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,989
Gold Stars: 243
Quoted from aaron rattray
Too much grass, i like to see ploughed fields, i said it as a joke, get a bloody sense of humour

Please can you explain how the statement "i personally think our groundsman is overrated" could be interpreted as a joke? I'm no comic but it looks very much like an opinion to me, and not a particularly humorous one

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
chaos33
December 20, 2012, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,994
Gold Stars: 363
Yeah I don't get it either. As usual, it's just a load of impulsive, childish, stream of consciousness cobblers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
marinerian
December 20, 2012, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I have a solution to all water logged pitches! Keep a group of people who live in an area of drought, when it rains and the pitch becomes water logged, let them out to have a drink.....simple!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
meggitt47
December 20, 2012, 9:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
A long time ago, in Communist Russia, there was a famous weather man named Rudolf.

He's always had a 100% accuracy rate for his forecasts of the Russian weather conditions. His people loved him and
respected him for his faultless foresight. He was particularly good at predicting rain. One night, despite clear skies, he made the prediction on the 6:00pm news broadcast that a violent storm was approaching. It would flood the town in which he and his wife lived. He warned the people to take proper precautions and prepare for the worst.

After he arrived home later that evening, his wife met him at the door and started arguing with him that his weather prediction was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. This time, she said, he had made a terrible mistake. There
wasn't a cloud anywhere within 10 miles of the village. As a matter of fact, that day had been the most beautiful day that the town had ever had and it was quite obvious to everyone it simply wasn't going to rain.

He told her she was to be quiet and listen to him. If he said it was going to rain, IT WAS GOING TO RAIN. He had all
of his Russian heritage behind him and he knew what he was talking about. She argued that although he came from a proud
heritage, IT STILL WASN'T GOING TO RAIN.

They argued back and forth for hours , so much that they went to bed mad at each other.

During the night, sure enough one of the worst rainstorms hit the village the likes of which they had never seen. That
morning when Rudolf and his wife arose, they looked out the window and saw all the water that had fallen that night.

"See," said Rudolf, "I told you it was going to rain."

His wife admitted: "Once again your prediction came true. But I want to know, just how were you so accurate, Rudolf?"

To which he replied, "You see, Rudolf the Red knows rain dear!"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
TownSNAFU5
December 20, 2012, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
I thought that this thread was about rain possibly affecting the match.  It is mostly about Aaron!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
wigworld
December 20, 2012, 10:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from meggitt47
A long time ago, in Communist Russia, there was a famous weather man named Rudolf......etc

Cracking first post.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 48
cod_head_doug
December 20, 2012, 10:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
as long as the pumping station holds out we are ok, otherwise we will be back to the televised Sunderland situation a good few years ago, of kick off, play 7 minutes and abandon the match.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Munster
December 20, 2012, 10:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Last game postponed by rain was televised match against Sunderland which kicked off but then had to be abandoned let's hope the same fate does not occur tomorrow night

Have followed Town for all my life during the ups and downs.

My son plays for school of excellence which is so well run without any funding and can see some future stars in the lower age teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
tonyfordsmicrofro
December 21, 2012, 1:33am

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from aaron rattray
get a bloody sense of humour

The lads kind of got a point. Shite gag or not, he's hardly saying that he thinks the holocaust was a cracking idea is he? He's saying that he thinks our groundsman is overrated.

Town must be doing much better than I thought if we've got nothing better to bang on about other than Aaron's flippant comments on a message board regarding the competence of our groundsman.

Steering this thread back on track. I think the game will be on today unless the Mayans are right. Australasian countries are now well into the 21st of December, no peep from them as of yet. Asia aren't reporting any unusual cosmic activity as of yet and we're almost 2 hours into the 21st here in Europe so, on that premise, I reckon the game will be on! Whoever suggested that it could be off because of a silly thing like rain is overrated  

UTM.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rain

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.