4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
December 19, 2012, 2:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
3 wins and a draw for me at least, We want that automatic promotion spot don't we ?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
forza ivano
December 19, 2012, 2:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
yeah, but all these are what you are HOPING aren't they? what do you think realistically, given that we play our nearest rivals twice plus 2 other promotion candidates, one of which is also a local derby? that's why i think 5 -7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
Les Brechin
December 19, 2012, 2:52pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
No team seems to have grabbed the initiative at all this season, unlike Crawley and Fleetwood in the last 2 seasons. From very early on the past 2 seasons it was pretty obvious who was going to win the league, (even though Wrexham pushed Fleetwood close last season).

It seems that this season nobody has had the ability to pull away from the pack with the lead regularly changing hands. It's still very hard to call between Us, Luton, Newport, Wrexham and FGR, still all in with a good shout of the title and even Mansfield and dare I say it Lincoln could still challenge on current form. The fact that Kidderminster didn't register their first win until their 11TH GAME and are now threatening does show that this season the title race is wide open.

We really need to grasp the initiative and string a few wins together to put some distance between us and the chasing pack and with 6 games coming up between Friday and the 8th of January it's time we started to make that move. Obviously it will be a big blow if we lose Hannah, Nielsen and Pond but hopefully something can be sorted out in the New Year and we can push on.

UTM. GTID.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
cmackenzie4
December 19, 2012, 2:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Yes Forza i am hoping, With our run of form we can do it, We are not an easy team to beat now, 2 home games 2 away games against inform clubs, But town are inform too,me personally think the Mansfield game will be the banana skin, But lets hope we can get a good run mate because this could be the turning point in our season.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
aaron rattray
December 19, 2012, 3:34pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I think we shall get 10 to 12 points because we have a good solid back line, best in BSP and league 2 combined, and on their day the midfield without neilson and forwards without hannah can bang in the goals like what Mansfield showed

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
The_Laughing_Mariner
December 19, 2012, 3:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
Why have people not realised that when we were saying that Lincoln may have an eye on playing Liverpool when we play them so may be easier to take points from, that Mansfield ARE playing liverpool, therefore is the same not truu?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
Sconeboy
December 19, 2012, 3:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Why have people not realised that when we were saying that Lincoln may have an eye on playing Liverpool when we play them so may be easier to take points from, that Mansfield ARE playing liverpool, therefore is the same not truu?

Never thought of that  

Though Mansfield have a ridiculously good home record don't they?

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
KK_DOG
December 19, 2012, 4:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

8 points would do me to be honest...although the more the merrier!

2 home wins and 2 away draws would suit but if we could make it 4 out of 4...yo ho ho!  

Btw Les I found out the other day my mum lives just over the road from you!

Really well done for finding your mum, I am tring to trace a relative can you assist ?  

9 points would do me

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Marinerz93
December 19, 2012, 4:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
It's going to be tough but I think we should be looking at 7 - 12.  I get a feeling in my bones it is going to be between us and Wrexham with a points gap opening up between us.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
GyMariner
December 19, 2012, 4:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
No team seems to have grabbed the initiative at all this season, unlike Crawley and Fleetwood in the last 2 seasons. From very early on the past 2 seasons it was pretty obvious who was going to win the league, (even though Wrexham pushed Fleetwood close last season).

It seems that this season nobody has had the ability to pull away from the pack with the lead regularly changing hands. It's still very hard to call between Us, Luton, Newport, Wrexham and FGR, still all in with a good shout of the title and even Mansfield and dare I say it Lincoln could still challenge on current form. The fact that Kidderminster didn't register their first win until their 11TH GAME and are now threatening does show that this season the title race is wide open.

We really need to grasp the initiative and string a few wins together to put some distance between us and the chasing pack and with 6 games coming up between Friday and the 8th of January it's time we started to make that move.
Obviously it will be a big blow if we lose Hannah, Nielsen and Pond but hopefully something can be sorted out in the New Year and we can push on.

UTM. GTID.

Thinking back to last season, at what point did fleetwood make the break away from the pack?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › next 4 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.