4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lobsterpot
December 15, 2012, 7:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I know it sounds a daft but with the 2 better wingers that we have i reckon it's eased the problem of S and H trying to keep Colebeck happy for the time being. Personally i havent been inpressed with Joe's performances for some time anyhows so his pending suspension does not bother me really.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
AndyGTFC
December 15, 2012, 7:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Very comfortable win today where we showed our superior quality . The silly sending off by Colbeck was about the only negative. Good for Cook and Greg Pearson to get on the scoresheet. Cook had a very good game and his second goal was taken brilliantly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
grimsby pete
December 15, 2012, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from aaron rattray
Anyone see me?

NO

BUT

I saw Ross Hannah.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Stew0_0
December 15, 2012, 8:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,198
Gold Stars: 35
I expected alot more from H&W, especially after Bradbury's big up in Thursdays Telewag.
They clearly didn't see the way Buxton approached the games in the previous rounds and hadn't scouted us at all as they gave us wayyyy too much time on the ball and offered very little in return.
It was embarrasingly one-sided at times and even when we went down to ten still toyed with them.
Pleasing to see three headed first half goals, MOM was Cook (again) he's looking like the player I hoped we had when first signed, another clean sheet and one step closer to wembley.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
TownSNAFU5
December 15, 2012, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
A very PC game with 2 one minute timewarps. I don't just mean their bright pink shirts and socks. No danger of the "Fergie shirts problem" at Southampton with the 2 teams getting confused between similar shirts.

The goals went Person, Cook, Pearson, Cook.  PC & PC. Cookie could have got a third if not taken off and rested.  

The lengthy injury in the first half to their player was rewarded was only 1 minutes additional time.  Much to the merriment of the Town fans.   The first minute of the second half was also in a timewarp when the electronic clock got stuck on 46 mins for about 10 mins, until somebody fitted a new elastic band.

The opposition was very limited today.  Their number 10 was speedy, as were 2 other players.  That was it.  They have games in hand and could get promotion. This would be to the same Division as Salisbury were in when they won here.  We easily avoided this potential banana  skin today though.

Colbeck reminds me of an over-eager schoolboy.  He was rash today and had a couple of other moments of lapses in concentration.  Barring that, I thought he was keen and made some god runs.  He always wanted the ball.

The early goal helped us and all the regulars played well.  I was not convinced by any of the fringe players.  

Cook's second goal was worth the entrance fee.  Very well taken.  We are going to need him to be at his best for the next few games at least.

An easy enjoyable win that will do our confidence a lot of good.  Wrexham will be a different proposition on Fri of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
TownSNAFU5
December 15, 2012, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
We could get drawn against Gainsborough in the next round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Abdul19
December 15, 2012, 9:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Meza
Thanks Chris, do you think S&H will drag Colbeck to the matches he misses for getting sent off that would through a spanner in his works if he meant it of course lol

He only misses next Friday.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
The Yard Dog
December 15, 2012, 10:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,522
Gold Stars: 74
What was today's attendance?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
gymadman
December 15, 2012, 10:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
chaos33
December 16, 2012, 12:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 363
Quoted from moosey_club
Very limited opposition which we sat back too deep against when 2-0 up for a while.

You can only beat whats in front of you though and we did that comfortably.

Greg Pearson, Thanoj and Colbeck (why is his shirt ColEbeck?) did not do anything to convince me they should be starting, crazy by Joe.

Southwell looked bright and i thought Rankine did ok.

Hatton very casual today and would not be suprised to see him dropped from Bradley Wood next time out if Thomas returns.

Only one real save for Mckeown and that was straight at him from an otherwise disappointing H&W.

Surprised to read the comments about Hatton, but admittedly, I didn't attend the game. He looked to have played well from the highlights and the free kick delivery for the first goal was absolutely superb.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.