Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul McCartney Fronting Nirvana?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Paul McCartney Fronting Nirvana?

This thread currently has 1,622 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
tonyfordsmicrofro
December 13, 2012, 9:03pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
I read last night that Paul McCartney was fronting Nirvana at a benefit concert which included several other heavy weights of rock.

Being a big Beatle and Nirvana fan, I should be thinking that 1/4 of one of my favourite bands coupled with 2/3 of another of my favourite bands should be amazing but I just think it's all a bit weird. I've just had a look to see if there is any footage of the gig and the best I could find is this: https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/music/video/2012/dec/13/paul-mccartney-nirvana-sandy-video

It looks to me that McCartney and Nirvana have written a song together....... All very odd. Well, it is to me anyway.

I know there are some of you that post on here that have got an interest in music. What do you think? I can't quite get my head round it!

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimps
December 13, 2012, 9:46pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,182
Gold Stars: 47
If Sir Paul has written the song it'll be shite ,same as everything else he's done since the early 70s
I always find him a bit of a twit to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
fiveallive
December 14, 2012, 12:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
I don't think i could listen to Sir Paul McCartney singing Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are and Lithium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
the ace face
December 14, 2012, 9:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Quoted from grimps
If Sir Paul has written the song it'll be shite ,same as everything else he's done since the early 70s

i agree,that gormless scouse suprised expression he pulls when singing never fails  to pi.ss me off.
hes a twit of the highest order, the one true mystery to me is how did a gimp like him write a great tune like "mull of kyntire"?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Paddymariner
December 14, 2012, 10:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
This is as ludicrous as Cliff Richard fronting the Rolling Stones. Can't stand McCartney's voice, songs, look, personality, arrogance. Kurt, on the other hand was so cool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Doctor Sanchez
December 14, 2012, 10:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
What I've heard sounded awful.  Lennon and Cobain will be turning in their respective graves.  

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Manchester Mariner
December 14, 2012, 12:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,827
Gold Stars: 41
I will never, ever listen to this.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
tonyfordsmicrofro
December 15, 2012, 9:04am

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
So, the general consensus is that you all think it'll be excrement! Me too. I've not seen it yet but I think It'll be like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Quoted from Paddymariner
This is as ludicrous as Cliff Richard fronting the Rolling Stones. Can't stand McCartney's voice, songs, look, personality, arrogance. Kurt, on the other hand was so cool.

I've still got time for McCartney although I think he should pack it in now, he's making himself look a bit silly. Same goes for The Stones. I've a great deal of respect for them and what they have done for British music but seeing them now makes me cringe.

Kurt Cobain was indeed cool but so was McCartney when he was in his 20's.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
shotandcursed
December 15, 2012, 10:59am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Quoted from grimps

What? Band on the run? How very fu(king dare you!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Rick12
December 15, 2012, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
I read last night that Paul McCartney was fronting Nirvana at a benefit concert which included several other heavy weights of rock.

Being a big Beatle  fan,
I know there are some of you that post on here that have got an interest in music. What do you think? I can't quite get my head round it!
fan of the Beatles as well.Reading his biography  at the mo which is decent " Paul McCartney  Many years from now Barry Miles" .As for him working with Nirvana think its a interesting and decent thing

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul McCartney Fronting Nirvana?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.