Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player price tags ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 80 Guests

Player price tags ?

This thread currently has 2,302 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 22, 2012, 2:24pm
Guest User
£75K for Hearn ?
£50K for Thanoj, Pearson & Thomas combined ?!  

I'd hope not !
Clubs would be laughing all the way to the bargain basement that's GTFC !

Suppose there's a difference between what you might get and what they might be worth to you but jeez, even so.

Sorry mate but if someone came in with those offers would you REALLY sell ?
Be honest...
Reply: 30 - 33
headingly_mariner
November 22, 2012, 3:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from 1600
£75K for Hearn ?
£50K for Thanoj, Pearson & Thomas combined ?!  

I'd hope not !
Clubs would be laughing all the way to the bargain basement that's GTFC !

Suppose there's a difference between what you might get and what they might be worth to you but jeez, even so.

Sorry mate but if someone came in with those offers would you REALLY sell ?
Be honest...

The only players at the moment that i think we could get any sort of fee for are Pearson, Thomas and Mckeown, at the moment i don't think any of them would go for more than 100k. Hearn would heve been nearer 200 grand in Jan had he stayed fit and continued to find the net.

Pearson is the one that if we get into the league could eventually go for big money.

I like some of the players you have mentioned but players like southwell who i think is a good prospect may struggle to get a contract let alone command a fee. as others have said i think you should maybe knock football manager on the head.

I would also be disapointed if we paid a fee for any of the loanees as they are surplus at their parent clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
cod.gtfc
November 22, 2012, 3:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

LOL think you're overpricing Pond there, think we can get him for free   (course it's all about wages too)

Seriously though, see people points and it's all about opinions.
Perhaps I'm wrong...

Yeah Southwell may have done "nothing" but he's only 19 and got potential.
Not saying we'd get 20K for him, just saying that's what I think he's probably worth to us right now.

One question, how much did we pay for Hearn and how many games did it take him to score ?
If you rely just on a handful of stats....

So cod you'd let Cook go for 50K ?
Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion...

firstly Southwell may have potential, but he's not shown it yet, yes he may be worth 20k to us if you look at it that way, but nobody is going to come in and offer 20k for him right now are they?

Hearn may have taken a few games to score, but he already had a great record in every single season he had played in even if that was at a lower level. Cook has only had one good season and that was last year and is still young. I might let Cook go for 50k right now as it would be a decent profit for nothing (if we did pay 10k), however we would need to have a replacement lined up as we are short up front, but then if anybody came in and offered 50k I'd be shocked.

As somebody else said its not about much they are worth to us, its about how much somebody else is willing to pay. As I said nobody is going to come in and pay the sort of money you have quoted. If you think those players are worth what you have quoted then I'd hazard a guess we'd never sell any of them and they would all leave for free when out of contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
80sglory
November 22, 2012, 4:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc
As somebody else said its not about much they are worth to us, its about how much somebody else is willing to pay.

No it's not, that the whole point !

It's like you've bet £20 on a football accumulator and you know you'll probably get nothing back.
But you might get the ticket up and win the bet later too !
But the bet's value is still £20 even if the ultimate outcome is zero.

Value isn't just about what you can get for them NOW - who's gonna walk in the betting shop and offer me anything for my betslip ?

It's not about ability NOW, it's about age = POTENTIAL
And the associated RISK if you flog promising young players too cheap instead of hanging on to them and developing them as you (hopefully) climb up the league to command a much bigger fee.

Why do you think YOUNGER players command fees and older ones don't ?
What do you think "investing in the future" means ?

Tell you what cod, flog all out young prospects off for a pittance - that'll work !

I swear chaos must be the only one on here who understands....
Either that or people just love to argue the toss, my money's on the latter.
Quoted from cod.gtfc
I might let Cook go for 50k right now as it would be a decent profit for nothing (if we did pay 10k)

You'd be barmy IMO.
But hey, I'll just forget my own eyes and what Paul Hurst says when he says "there's a player there" and just take your word instead.
Quoted from cod.gtfc
but then if anybody came in and offered 50k I'd be shocked.

Well done, I never would have known...  
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player price tags ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.