Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andi Thanoj
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 55 Guests

Andi Thanoj

This thread currently has 3,787 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
November 19, 2012, 4:19pm
Guest User
In Andi Thanoj I think we have a real prospect on our hands. He oozes class for me. He always seems one step ahead of his opponents and has the technique to really effect games. Course, he is young and he could do with adding a little steel to his game but he really is starting to influence games now.

The more game time he gets, the fitter he will become and his confidence will grow. Whether he can play with Disley in a 4-4-2 away at the tougher places, I would doubt as we will need bite in midfield but he looks like he could go on to have a cracking career.

On Saturday against albeit limited opponents I thought he and the superb Disley ran the show. Exciting times at Town, we really could do with tying him down on a long term contract.
oldun
November 19, 2012, 4:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I am pretty sure that S & H believe in him and are bringing him on nicely. Agree there are games when Niven is needed to provide some defensive qualities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
wycombemariner
November 19, 2012, 4:28pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Really? Don't see it myself and spoke to a few others who can't see what the fuss is about either?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
November 19, 2012, 4:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from wycombemariner
Really? Don't see it myself and spoke to a few others who can't see what the fuss is about either?

Interesting, I'd be interested to see what other peoples views are.

I think Andi is already several steps ahead of his opponents at this level and he can only improve. I don't think we'll be able to keep hold of him for too long either.
Reply: 3 - 45
Alfie
November 19, 2012, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
A neutral I took to Hyde was very impressed with him. Not his best game admittedly but "looks a cut above everything else on the pitch".

Plus every time i've listened to the radio this season Alan Buckley has been relentlessly singing his praises as this best footballer at the club.

That'll do it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
Super Clive
November 19, 2012, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Well I can see it......its not rocket science is it?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
cmackenzie4
November 19, 2012, 4:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Agreed, Still a way to go yet before he is the finished article, But got great potential, Like i said in a previous post he is an excellent passer of the ball.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
Rick12
November 19, 2012, 4:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 75
In Andi Thanoj I think we have a real prospect on our hands. He oozes class for me. He always seems one step ahead of his opponents and has the technique to really effect games. Course, he is young and he could do with adding a little steel to his game but he really is starting to influence games now.

The more game time he gets, the fitter he will become and his confidence will grow. Whether he can play with Disley in a 4-4-2 away at the tougher places, I would doubt as we will need bite in midfield but he looks like he could go on to have a cracking career.

On Saturday against albeit limited opponents I thought he and the superb Disley ran the show. Exciting times at Town, we really could do with tying him down on a long term contract.
agree like you I think he is a decent prospect .Probably has it within him to play higher eg league 2 though league1/champ Iam not so sure.Ive been to a fair few games in league 1/champ and when you compare him to some of the ability there feel he is still someway below some of the players at that level .However like you have said he still has time on his hands to improve and develop  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
jonnyboy82
November 19, 2012, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from 75

Interesting, I'd be interested to see what other peoples views are.

I think Andi is already several steps ahead of his opponents at this level and he can only improve. I don't think we'll be able to keep hold of him for too long either.

I think because he is young has a fancy name we are overhyping him..

to me i have not seen anything overly impressive,he looks ok so far to me.

but football is all about opinions.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
RoboCod
November 19, 2012, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He's class. Just watching the Brainy highlights, he's so quick to pass the ball when under pressure, and it's not a panicky shunt. Sidefoot, spraying it long or a flick of the outside of the boot, he has a range of passing I've not seen for a while at BP.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andi Thanoj

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.