5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
November 19, 2012, 5:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,105
Gold Stars: 181
I'd go so far as to say he's one of our best home grown products in years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
AdamHaddock
November 19, 2012, 5:34pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
He is Buckley's legacy from mk3. Hopefully he'll develop and lead us up the leagues (or net us some money)

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
jimgtfc
November 19, 2012, 5:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Technically one of the best players we've produced for years. Rob Scott said after the Braintree game that he's the best passer of the ball at the club. As someone else said the other day i think he would be more suited to a higher level where you get more time on the ball. A couple years experience with us and we might just have a real player on our hands.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
acko338
November 19, 2012, 5:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Needs some weights work to give him a bit more hardness!

Physicality of Niven + Thanoj's passes would make one hell of a player - that's why they are at this level - both are halfway to being complete players but both have a job to do well against selected opposition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
Grim up north
November 19, 2012, 6:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75
In Andi Thanoj I think we have a real prospect on our hands. He oozes class for me. He always seems one step ahead of his opponents and has the technique to really effect games. Course, he is young and he could do with adding a little steel to his game but he really is starting to influence games now.

The more game time he gets, the fitter he will become and his confidence will grow. Whether he can play with Disley in a 4-4-2 away at the tougher places, I would doubt as we will need bite in midfield but he looks like he could go on to have a cracking career.

On Saturday against albeit limited opponents I thought he and the superb Disley ran the show. Exciting times at Town, we really could do with tying him down on a long term contract.

I said the same a while ago, for a young lad his range of passing is Championship standard at a level where the opposing team have a thumb up his bottom . The higher up the leagues he/we go the better he will look.We need to get him Pearson,and Thomas on long term deals as these youngsters will be worth a lot of money in a few years time.UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2012, 6:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
I think he will become a fine player and at the moment he is already a key member of the squad. I think to get the best out of him at the moment we would need to play a 3 in the middle and give him the least defensive responsibility.
I think with 3 central midfielders with Niven sitting we could really boss teams and we now have the wide threat to play this way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
LondonMariner43
November 19, 2012, 6:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
For me, the exciting thing about this squad is that many of them are still young and have scope to improve.

Many of the squad are full time for the first time and coming to terms with training regularly, playing regularly and dealing with the pressure of playing for a 'big' club.

Pearson has shown how a player can take time to settle.  Last season, Hearn was slow to get going - we may see the same step up by Cook.  

There may never be a better time to get promoted.  We have stretched the budget and finally rebuilt with ambitious young managers and a squad built in their image.  This squad could take us near the top of L2 next season and even further.

But of course we must go up this season first!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
grimsby pete
November 19, 2012, 6:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Grim up north

I said the same a while ago, for a young lad his range of passing is Championship standard at a level where the opposing team have a thumb up his bottom . The higher up the leagues he/we go the better he will look.We need to get him Pearson,and Thomas on long term deals as these youngsters will be worth a lot of money in a few years time.UTM.

Agree with all that,

Also add Cook who will develop  into a really good player and Southwell will only get better,,

The future looks bright.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 6:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from 75
Whether he can play with Disley in a 4-4-2 away at the tougher places, I would doubt as we will need bite in midfield but he looks like he could go on to have a cracking career.

Summed it up nicely there Vicar.
For me this is the key question, especially on muddy or bobbly pitches which presumably don't play to his strengths.

Suppose at least he's improving all the time and S&H have talked about the need to work on his defensive contribution which is good to know.

Reply: 28 - 45
Mariner88
November 19, 2012, 7:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Definitely a class act. The Port Vale game in the cup where we held them 0-0 at their place - and probably should have won - is a game that I particularly remember him from. Some of the balls he was playing inside their full backs was top class. We played a three in midfield and he played deeper than Panther and Disley(?) and was superb.

Definitely worth a look at him surrounded with Disley and Niven if we lose Hannah and don't have anyone worth playing up top with Cook. Especially if we have pace and skill on the flanks with Nielsen/Colbeck/Marshall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andi Thanoj

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.