Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 90 Guests

Braintree preview - Scott on MP

This thread currently has 1,663 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 8:30pm
Guest User
Rob Scott: "It was in the best interests of the football club and how we want to move forward that he moved on. And we'll go our separate ways that's football. If players aren't in the team they wanna be playing, they think they should be and we felt otherwise so in the interests of Anthony, for his playing career and for us that we wanted to keep it on an even keel and crack on with what we're doing so that's why it happened quickly, that's how it happens in football."

Matt Dean: "Realistically do think he'll play again for the club ?"

Rob Scott: "You never say never do you ? Who knows, we've got 16 players that have trained today so there's always a possibility once that first months out the way but I'm sure that it's a case that we'll probably[late edit!] look to move on but he's still a Grimsby player in terms of we're his parent club so we'll monitor the situation but as it stands at the moment we're looking to bolster our squad."

Goes on to explain [very well IMO] the various reasons why it's takes time to acquire players before saying...

Rob Scott: "It's quiet but we've earmarked a couple and we're monitoring that as we had to do with Marcus Marshall and Scott Neilson and Ross Hannah and Nathan Pond we had to monitor those for a number of weeks and even months until we were able to conclude those deals so, the same will be happening with a couple of players and we'll only bring in players that are gonna strengthen our squad."

Matt Dean: "Anything for the weekend though ?"

Rob Scott: "No. No look there's not gonna be anything in the interim, Cooky's come in, into that position and down quite well ! So we're looking at him making that, making him our number 1 centre forward and if he continues to put in performances that warrant that then he'll stay there."

Goes on to say...

Rob Scott: "Fordy's name's gone out again but again we're in not in any rush because as I said we had a squad of 16 training today so, we need eveyone that's here at the moment to stay in the building and if that changes in a short space of time then the players will be made aware of the fact someone's interested."

Matt Dean: "Any takers for any of your other players ?"

Rob Scott: "I don't know whether we've got any other players that are avaliable so no." (laughs)

---------------------------------------------------
Says...

- Colbeck's injury is "not quite as bad as first feared" but "Saturday may come too early" and "if he's not 100% fit [for the FA Trophy] then he certainly won't ready to be involved. We'll have to monitor that one but as regards this Saturday we'll make a decision tomorrow."
- Neilsons attitude was "first class" in the reserve game.
- Frankie Artus needs an operation on a hernia and will be out for approx a month and "we're planning to get him back for the hectic Xmas period.".
- We can call Louis Soares back in 24 hours if required.
- Regards Marcus Marshall "He's only going to get better for us as he gets games under his belt".

- Regards the loan players here says...

"Again clubs won't wanna move on things too much, they're looking at Xmas probably. We'd like to tie them all down but as  keep saying there are different factors have an influence on that. We certainly are happy with all the lads we've got in on loan and we're delighted with the impact that they've had. We'll look to try to work on those, each on their merits because some finish earlier than others. There are some we can't do anything about regards SCott Neilson and Ross Hannah, their loans finish 22nd December I think it is so, we can;t renew those til the New Year anyway so there's a bit of an issue with that we miss them for a couple of games but there's nothign we can do about that it's just the way it's fallen with the loan term loans but Marcus Marshall and Pondy, Marshys only on a month so we'll look to extend that if we can and Pondy's runs out in January so we'll be working on all 4 of them.".

Regards Braintree...

Matt Dean: "With those 2 players I've mentioned there [Sam Hatton, Andi Thanoj] how hard have they made it for you now ?"

Rob Scott: "Difficult ! Which is what we want ! They've made it a difficult decision for us and someone's gonna be disappointed but again the decisions we make will be for the good of the team and not for any individual, that's the way it is. Certainly all the players you've mentioned there have given us cause for thought.".

"It's a tough game Tranmere are top of the league in League 1 so it's a tough game for anybody so you've gotta give them plaudits for putting on a decent performance for a percentage of the game. But for us it'll be a tough game, they're tough they're physical, they're workmanlike, they're battling for points so it's gonna be a tough proposition for us and they'll look to be strong defensively and also good going forward I mean how many times have we stood here and said teams are good going forward in this league ? But again we feel we've got enough ammunition now within the ranks to cause any teams problems going forwards and all we need to is brighten up a little bit defensively get back to where we were in being stingy in not giving away easy goals and if we do that I'd like to think we'll be a tough proposition for a lot of teams.".

80's reckons...

Matt Dean 7/10 - Good job good questions again though perhaps 1 or 2 which seemed a little obvious what the answer was gonna be. Can't really knock him for asking them though, a good performance.

Scott 10/10 - Whilst interviews are always "by the by" in terms of acquiring 3 points come Saturday this was one of the best, if not THE best interview I've ever heard Scott make. Relaxed, confident, and even funny with answers rolling off the tongue with consumate ease without missing a trick or any of the finer details.
Love the fact he quite rightly doesn't underestimate Braintree but equally is very positive in what we can achieve if we're focused on the day.
Top job !

As for US supporters, let's now equally focus ourselves for one last home league push (for a little while) and crank up that passion and volume 100% behind the lads for 90 mins to hopefully help make it another great and entertaining day for everyone all round.

SCOTT AND HURSTS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

UP THE MARINERS !
jimgtfc
November 16, 2012, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
You must have a lot of spare time 80's lol! fair play though lad, top job! Does anyone else watch Rob Scott being interviewed with unease? It must be a nightmare for the reporters, he always seems to be on the defensive, and verging on narky. He's bitten JT's head off a few times, maybe thats why we dont see much of that Dale Ladson interviewing anymore, maybe he made him cry! Scott talks sence though.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
grimsby pete
November 16, 2012, 8:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Thank you 80's , that was very imformative,

I have mocked you in the past for your long posts,

BUT

To be honest, I have always ( well nearly always ) enjoyed reading them.

Cheers mate.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 8:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from jimgtfc
You must have a lot of spare time 80's lol!

It's the weekend mate what else am I am meant to do except focus on Grimsby Town ?  

Really you thought he was uneasy ?
Funny I thought the exact opposite (not that it really matters I guess).

BTW chaps please don't thank me, I'm only the messenger.
If you really want to thank someone thank GTFC, Mariners Player, Rob Scott and Matt Dean.
Reply: 3 - 19
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 8:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have mocked you in the past for your long posts,

BUT

To be honest, I have always ( well nearly always ) enjoyed reading them.

Perhaps the difference is that it's Rob Scott doing the talking and not ME waffling on !  
Reply: 4 - 19
jimgtfc
November 16, 2012, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from 1600

Really you thought he was uneasy ?
Funny I thought the exact opposite (not that it really matters I guess).

No your right, i dont think he did come across uneasy in this one, but has done in previous interviews, i think thats why i'm always on edge watching him speak. I'm not sure its a coinsidence that Paul Hurst has done all the talking on Premier Sports...

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Mighty_Mariner
November 16, 2012, 9:21pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
Anyone know who the coloured guy was standing next to Sam Hatton during the first few minutes of the interview. I was thinking it was either Thomas or G Pearson but it didn't look like either of them!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
hook line and sinker
November 16, 2012, 10:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Anyone know who the coloured guy was standing next to Sam Hatton during the first few minutes of the interview. I was thinking it was either Thomas or G Pearson but it didn't look like either of them!

Was thinking the same thing, i'm pretty sure it wasnt marshall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Abdul19
November 16, 2012, 10:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Soares? If Ebbsfleet are part time maybe he does Monday and Tuesday at GTFC?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 10:39pm
Guest User
Pondy ?
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree preview - Scott on MP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.