Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 5 years!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 45 Guests

5 years!!

This thread currently has 1,212 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
November 17, 2012, 10:24am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from mariner91

Pretty sweeping statement!

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. People are using that as a reason, which in my opinion is totally wrong.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
voice of reason
November 17, 2012, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Les Brechin

Allowing your daughter who has only just turned 16 to get stoned out of her head on drink and drugs is hardly responsible parenting and the fact that everyone of that age does it, is hardly a defence really. It just seems to me that the authorities have taken the easy way out and laid the entire blame at the train guards feet, rather that finding out the real reasons as to why this tragedy happened. What about the people who were illegally supplying an underage girl with drink and drugs, how long have they been sentenced too.

Maybe he does deserve a 5 year sentence for his obvious neglect of the girls safety but there was a recent case where a drunk driver had killed 2 innocent people in a car crash and he got 2 years inside for manslaughter. In that context I just think that a 5 year sentence does seem rather harsh.

I do feel sorry for the girls family, nobody should have to lose a child.

FFS, what makes you think they knew she was out getting drunk and stoned???

Are you blind to the circumstances??? The real reasons are there for all to see, what are you missing??? He let the train go when he shouldn't... The blame has been laid at his door, not because it was the 'easy way out' but because that's were it belongs... Many factors contributed to the potential disaster but the only thing that caused it was - he let the train go, if he hadn't, she would still be here...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Alfie
November 17, 2012, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Les Brechin

Allowing your daughter who has only just turned 16 to get stoned out of her head on drink and drugs is hardly responsible parenting and the fact that everyone of that age does it, is hardly a defence really. It just seems to me that the authorities have taken the easy way out and laid the entire blame at the train guards feet, rather that finding out the real reasons as to why this tragedy happened. What about the people who were illegally supplying an underage girl with drink and drugs, how long have they been sentenced too.

Again, a massive, massive assumption.

I'd wager that they probably didn't know how drunk she was getting or that she was taking MD so to just try and lay blame at their feet when in reality, i'd guess they would've actually been pretty disappointed in her if they knew beforehand.

Just because a child of 16 and a half doesn't do what is expected of them or how their parents want them to behave doesn't mean there's 'parental deficiencies at work'. Bloody naive view and means about half of the parenting population suffer from such 'deficiencies' if so.  

That's the only point I take difference to here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 5 years!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.