2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
November 15, 2012, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Scunthorpe lose Ā£2m?

Have they tried selling Glanford Park? After all the price for scrap metal is phenomenal.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
VictorMeldrewsDad
November 15, 2012, 9:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
I was told by a scunyite that Laws will be moving into the hot seat upstairs next season and a new manager will be brought in once he has stopped the rot and steadied the ship.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 1:44am
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner

There is no reason why clubs couldn't do that, in fact I believe many already do have relagation clauses in their player contracts.

Sure some already do but to make it a pre-condition would surely be against employment law ?

Or perhaps it falls within the "capped wages" debate ?
Personally I'm not a big fan of it, especially at the lower levels.
Think the real problem is the skewed distribution of prizemoney spanning the English leagues which means clubs are all chasing the same prizemoney ladder.
Think it's high time the FA and the Premier League stepped up to the mark to help the lower teams (especially grassroots and non league ones) a LOT more before they start struggling or god forbid go bust or cease to exist.
Reply: 12 - 16
Marinerz93
November 16, 2012, 10:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600

Sure some already do but to make it a pre-condition would surely be against employment law ?

Or perhaps it falls within the "capped wages" debate ?
Personally I'm not a big fan of it, especially at the lower levels.
Think the real problem is the skewed distribution of prizemoney spanning the English leagues which means clubs are all chasing the same prizemoney ladder.
Think it's high time the FA and the Premier League stepped up to the mark to help the lower teams (especially grassroots and non league ones) a LOT more before they start struggling or god forbid go bust or cease to exist.

Why do you think they allowed the lion share of money from broadcasters to go to the teams only in the top flight.  The FA don't give a flying monkey about teams out side the Prem, it's money money, money, greeeeeeeeeeeeeedy FA.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesusā€™ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
BIGChris
November 16, 2012, 11:00am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93

Why do you think they allowed the lion share of money from broadcasters to go to the teams only in the top flight.  The FA don't give a flying monkey about teams out side the Prem, it's money money, money, greeeeeeeeeeeeeedy FA.

I thought the Prem was created to cut the FA out? The Prem clubs wanted to 'govern' themselves and not report to the FA?

Have i got that wrong?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
BlackandWhiteBarmy
November 16, 2012, 12:24pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Quoted from BIGChris

I thought the Prem was created to cut the FA out? The Prem clubs wanted to 'govern' themselves and not report to the FA?

Have i got that wrong?

Yes.

The Premier League is the FA Premier League it was created to cut out the other Football League clubs and share the TV rights money among the 20 'top' teams.

The only thing a good Stilton should have in it is mould, not f**king Apricots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Marinerz93
November 16, 2012, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris

Have i got that wrong?

10 clubs threatened to leave and form a super league to get more money out of TV deals. They tried to go it alone but UEFA wouldn't let them play in Europe because the English FA put a block on it so they cut a deal with the FA. The Premier League was formed as Ltd company operating out of an office at Lancaster gate.  So the clubs in the old first division resigned and formed a corporation and the FA created the Premier league to stop the money generated by TV deals going to those out side the top flight, commercial independence.

The FA could and should have said no but greed won the day and it's clubs like ours who is missing out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesusā€™ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe Lose £2 Million

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.