4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
November 13, 2012, 4:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,197
Gold Stars: 35
I thought last season he was one of the more technically gifted players in the squad and yet this season I cannot see where he fits in the team. Although he's got a great left foot, I neither see him as a left sided winger (lack of pace) or a centre midfielder as he lacks a bit of bite in the tackle.
Sorry to say that if we keep the likes of Marshall and Neilsen till at least the end of the season I think we might see the end of Frankie even as early as January.

thoughts??
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
November 13, 2012, 4:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I agree. He seemed to be good with set piece last season, too. Not only has that side of things been poor this season (lack of match fitness?), I think Sam Hatton's performance last week has made him redundant.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 34
gymadman
November 13, 2012, 4:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Artus can do the same job as Thanoj if given the chance, he is wasted out left and has the ability to put his foot into a tackle,.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
November 13, 2012, 4:19pm
Guest User
Maybe we could try Frankie out in the centre against Buxton. Not enough pace to be a winger but in the centre he can tackle, pass, dribble and he has a decent left foot on him.
Reply: 3 - 34
grimsby pete
November 13, 2012, 4:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
I think Lincoln have got an eye on him.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
davmariner
November 13, 2012, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,984
Gold Stars: 79
I think he's been awful this season, although he has been played out on the left. He's not got the pace or the skill to play in that position. I'd hardly describe him as 'wasted' out on the left either he can't take a set piece to save his life and he's hardly 'technically gifted'. Get rid in Jan!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
cod.gtfc
November 13, 2012, 4:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Not a left winger and 4th choice center mid, so unless we regularly play 4-3-3 where he can be the benched center mid, he's not needed.

Great passer of the ball though, I'd say only Thanoj is a better passer than him in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
November 13, 2012, 4:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Stew0_0
I thought last season he was one of the more technically gifted players in the squad and yet this season I cannot see where he fits in the team. Although he's got a great left foot, I neither see him as a left sided winger (lack of pace) or a centre midfielder as he lacks a bit of bite in the tackle.
Sorry to say that if we keep the likes of Marshall and Neilsen till at least the end of the season I think we might see the end of Frankie even as early as January.

thoughts??

It's as if I typed it. I couldn't agree more, it's a shame as there's a player there but he looks about 9 stone wet through. I don't see him getting in this side.
Reply: 7 - 34
80sglory
November 13, 2012, 4:56pm
Guest User
Obviously he's not first choice right now but don't underestimate the defensive contribution he's made from midfield or his value as a backup player.
The games changed so much don't think you need "bite" in the tackle anymore, just need to work hard, position and cover well and get a toepoke in.

cod he's not needed right now but he might be if injuries etc kick in.
Think it's healthy to have versatile players as backup who can do a job in a number of different positions.

OP makes some good points but I'd think twice before giving him any bullet - left footers don't grow on trees.

For one, who do we thinks gonna be starting v Buxton ?  
I wouldn't fancy any key player playing in that one only to get crocked (although we'll see what they do).
Reply: 8 - 34
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 117
Some of his free kicks and corners have been appalling this season.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Frankie Artus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.