November 7, 2012, 10:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
November 7, 2012, 10:43am
Guest User
Looks good. I might tell wifey I'm taking her out for a meal. Technically, I wouldn't be fibbing.
Reply: 1 - 20
nelly_gtfc
November 7, 2012, 12:20pm
Guest User
Profiteering out of other clubs past fortunes lol, maybe our supporters trust can do a Cleethorpes Town Legends Sportsman Dinner, do you reckon it would be a sell out

Maybe we could do a Manchester United and Liverpool Legends Sportsman Dinner, the amount of fans in this Town is huge, we could make loads of money out of it, get some past stars like Ian Rush, Ron Atkinson, Cantona etc etc.
Reply: 2 - 20
aaron rattray
November 7, 2012, 1:15pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from 470
Profiteering out of other clubs past fortunes lol, maybe our supporters trust can do a Cleethorpes Town Legends Sportsman Dinner, do you reckon it would be a sell out

Maybe we could do a Manchester United and Liverpool Legends Sportsman Dinner, the amount of fans in this Town is huge, we could make loads of money out of it, get some past stars like Ian Rush, Ron Atkinson, Cantona etc etc.

We have people like graham poll, the beachcomber has people like John aldridge Paul merson joey jones etc

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
STB
November 7, 2012, 2:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 470

I've been to a few of these sportsman's dinners.

Usually a good night if you like football !!

Phil Thompson and John Aldridge back in the day at the Winter Gardens was very good.

Incidentally, Buckley is getting paid for this one, so he is receiving some of the profit.

Small clubs like Clee Town rely on income from nights like this and as my two boys play for them, it means something to me.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
BlackBoots
November 7, 2012, 2:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Interesting choice of an Evening (and speakers) given Cleethorpes Town general hostiity to Grimsby Town FC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
arryarryarry
November 7, 2012, 3:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 118
AB is certainly a legend but Dave Moore?, he is a long serving employee of the club but I would never class him as a legend.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
aaron rattray
November 7, 2012, 3:54pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Saw Alan buckley in cleethorpes on Sunday, is Alan still part of the youth team?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Doctor Sanchez
November 7, 2012, 3:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from aaron rattray
Saw Alan buckley in cleethorpes on Sunday, is Alan still part of the youth team?

Nah, he's a bit too old now.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
STB
November 7, 2012, 5:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry
AB is certainly a legend but Dave Moore?, he is a long serving employee of the club but I would never class him as a legend.

'Legend and long term employee night' just doesn't have the same ring to it.  

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Legends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.