Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great Work Brian...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 67 Guests

Great Work Brian...

This thread currently has 3,118 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 4, 2012, 4:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,683
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Super Clive
I don't get it this hate really? Don't get me wrong a bit of local rivalry is good and the old inbread slanging match which does the rounds is again healthy rivalry. But is it jealously ? I mean really? When we was flying high in the championship I can't even remember them being mentioned at all. It was all sheff clubs barnsley etc.

They are higher than us for A reason at the mo mainly for making the correct choices and selling players for big bucks.

I can see what you mean but if you apply this to everyday life then are you saying you don't hate ( or intensely dislike) anything or anyone?
It certainly isn't jealousy on my behalf  because as much as Hull are another of our local rivals I admire where they are in the league and am envious but not jealous. They have demonstrated that you can be rock bottom but still come good. Sure, they had a lot of help from their council and maybe that is where a bit of jealousy comes in because I wish our council was as supportive towards our team. I don't feel any hatred towards Lincoln either. But there is something about Scumthorpe that really brings an emotion in me that can only be described as hatred. As soon as they started rising up the league and we started our fall  numerous of their posters came on our site shouting the odds about our downfall , particularly the odious Fans64. It seems ironic that since they started their decline we very rarely have any of their posters on here and long may it continue.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Super Clive
November 4, 2012, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
True mate! I hate most things lol but I can't really hate Scunny...Yorkies on the other hand gerrrr
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
GodHelpUs
November 4, 2012, 11:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Super Clive
I don't get it this hate really? Don't get me wrong a bit of local rivalry is good and the old inbread slanging match which does the rounds is again healthy rivalry. But is it jealously ? I mean really? When we was flying high in the championship I can't even remember them being mentioned at all. It was all sheff clubs barnsley etc.

They are higher than us for A reason at the mo mainly for making the correct choices and selling players for big bucks.

Spot on...good luck to them and I look forward to the odd local derby!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Dan
November 4, 2012, 11:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
How dare those illegitimates be 15 miles down the road?

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Grim up north
November 5, 2012, 12:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
They have had years of bitter hatred towards us as we lorded it over the years then as soon as we started this excrement run of relagation after relagation the  abuse poured out , every local rival gave us it like you would expect but they were on another level. To be honest I think the majority of town fans never knew they existed till the last 10 years, now the tide is turning ...you reap what you sow ..when Wharton ditches them I hope they fold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
GodHelpUs
November 5, 2012, 2:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Grim up north
They have had years of bitter hatred towards us as we lorded it over the years then as soon as we started this excrement run of relagation after relagation the  abuse poured out , every local rival gave us it like you would expect but they were on another level. To be honest I think the majority of town fans never knew they existed till the last 10 years, now the tide is turning ...you reap what you sow ..when Wharton ditches them I hope they fold.

Oh grow up...and you wouldn't do exactly the same in their position...?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Marinerz93
November 5, 2012, 8:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from GodHelpUs

Be envious of a higher league position yes but their hatred towards us is something that we used to show towards Yorkies not county cousins.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
Marinerz93
November 5, 2012, 8:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Grim up north

I had inside info a couple of seasons ago saying that Wharton wanted out due to ill health and but couldn't because no one was interested.  My insider also stated that he feared they could go either into admin or bust because the people that may have been interested wanted the club for next to nothing and weren't that interested in putting money in like Wharton has.  Wharton's offer of giving his shares away for nothing is further proof of what I was told.

Well Scunts, who is laughing now.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
the ace face
November 5, 2012, 9:46am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
years ago when we first started watching grimsby town we didn't even think about the scunts,but since we've slipped away from  the football league i find myself wanting bad things to happen to them.
there is genuine hostility towards us from most of their fans,it goes way above just football ,its like springfield and shelbyville from the simpsons! lets face it,neither of the towns has anything to shout about has it? on one hand you have a run down former fishing port,full of thick interbred mongols hooked on methadone,crime riddled dog shite splattered streets,burnt out cars,verminous packs of Ferrel youths roaming the streets looking for old ladies to wallop over the head for some more smack money............then on the other hand you have scunthorpe,a town so bleak and depressing it makes some of the worst places in post soviet russia look nicer places to be. i have to think that people in both towns seem to like the crappy situations the other ones football teams get in because it makes them feel just that tiny bit happier about their own futile situations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Grim up north
November 5, 2012, 6:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Quoted from GodHelpUs

No,  just as I wouldn't want Lincoln to drop any further  you sharp object.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great Work Brian...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.