Marcus Marshall

This thread currently has 7,421 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 2, 2012, 1:07am
Guest User
Quoted from Garth
Strange interview, sounds non too confident

Fully understand that view but think it could be the opposite.

Softly spoken is SOMETIMES a sign of big confidence. (guessing his facial expressions might suggest a self-confident edge)  

On loan footballers aren't brought here to be club ambassadors or PR men and tbh wouldn't want them to be. (or at least not overdo it!)
Actually found it refreshing to see a frank but low key exchange without anyone standing to attention (except the interviewer maybe).
Quoted from ska face
I hope nobody's reading anything into that interview?

What I saw was clear confident answers straight to the point (unlike me!) without any need to revel in self importance, fall in love with own his camera reflection, deliver unconvincing scripted reponses or shout it all at the top of his lungs.

Wants to impress, play and contribute to the team + even smiles to start it all off.

Sure if he does a job he'll soon start to love it here (like Hannah?) and be loved (like Neilson?) once he makes his mark.

So bloody well said Marcus, welcome onboard and good luck !
Reply: 50 - 70
willows fc
November 2, 2012, 3:23am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
Maybe this means when neilsons back we could see him played as a striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
aaron rattray
November 2, 2012, 6:46am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
So what was said on this interview then?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
aldi_01
November 2, 2012, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How typical of us...the lads not even kicked a ball and people are already having a go. It was shitty interview on our poxy website, hardly breaking news of Sky Sports News is it? Just let him pull the shirt on tomorrow, get a game under his belt and take it from there...if he's crap after 3/4 games then so be it.

At least the managers are reacting to our situation, in the past this wouldn't have happened...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
Garth
November 2, 2012, 8:54am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

This game was amazing for 2 reasons.

1- newey scored

2- my beautiful god daughter was born

I never thought Newey had it in him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
Garth
November 2, 2012, 9:05am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from aldi_01
How typical of us...the lads not even kicked a ball and people are already having a go. It was shitty interview on our poxy website, hardly breaking news of Sky Sports News is it? Just let him pull the shirt on tomorrow, get a game under his belt and take it from there...if he's crap after 3/4 games then so be it.

At least the managers are reacting to our situation, in the past this wouldn't have happened...

Hang about  who`s having a go not me, I just said that it seemed a strange interview not the run of the mill sort,
normally its all about what his (supposed) strengths are, perhaps as suggested he was a little nervous and will save his talking for Saturday, anyway I wish him well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
aaron rattray
November 2, 2012, 9:34am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Garth

Hang about  who`s having a go not me, I just said that it seemed a strange interview not the run of the mill sort,
normally its all about what his (supposed) strengths are, perhaps as suggested he was a little nervous and will save his talking for Saturday, anyway I wish him well

well he was nervous because of the ridicolous questions asked by the interviewer, perhaps hes read the fishy before signing and he knows that some posters expect perfect first game, realityman is an example and if he says this is a strenghth and it doesnt work out some people shall be ripping him to shreds, some people on this board must learn to give people a chance

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
Mighty_Mariner
November 2, 2012, 10:09am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Think you guys are being incredibly harsh on the interviewer - it's not easy interviewing someone who gives nothing back and responds with 2/3 word answers. I actually know the interviewer and I can tell you he is excellent at his job!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
mariner83
November 2, 2012, 10:12am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from aaron rattray

well he was nervous because of the ridicolous questions asked by the interviewer

How do you know they were ridiculous questions?

Quoted from aaron rattray
So what was said on this interview then?

Anyway I'm not bothered how he comes across in an interview, it's what he does on the pitch that matters.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
pontoonlew
November 2, 2012, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Can't believe people are slating the interviewer there what else did anybody actually expect him to ask?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.