grimsby pete
October 31, 2012, 10:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Mick MaCarthy  will be the new manager of Ipswich Town from today,

Ipswich are £60 million in debt, have 8 loan players on their books and the rest are crap,

He will have to be a miracle worker to turn turn things around,

Best of luck Mick , you will need it,

We could be playing Ipswich in the league in a couple of season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
October 31, 2012, 10:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The issues at Ipswich are certainly huge, through no fault but their own etc i presume but i must say they have remained relatively quiet...usually a club in the championship would have all its business well documented in the press.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
grimsby pete
October 31, 2012, 11:30am

Exile
Quoted from aldi_01
The issues at Ipswich are certainly huge, through no fault but their own etc i presume but i must say they have remained relatively quiet...usually a club in the championship would have all its business well documented in the press.

They owe it all to their chairman, a bit like us,

BUT

The plumber working at my house ( who is a big Ipswich fan )

Thinks he will pull the plug soon, demand his money back.

AND

Sell the ground,

Ah well !!!!!!!!!!!

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
AlfromBuryTown
October 31, 2012, 5:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
"usually a club in the championship would have all its business well documented in the press."

An interesting observation and I suspect it's because no one further than 5 miles from Ipswich gives a monkey's about them. I bet most folks couldn't point Ipswich out on a map, let alone take an interest in their football team.
I live 25 miles away
They are my closest league team
........ I couldn't name you a single player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
grimsby pete
October 31, 2012, 5:47pm

Exile
Quoted from AlfromBuryTown
"usually a club in the championship would have all its business well documented in the press."

An interesting observation and I suspect it's because no one further than 5 miles from Ipswich gives a monkey's about them. I bet most folks couldn't point Ipswich out on a map, let alone take an interest in their football team.
I live 25 miles away

Thats because they are mostly loan players Al.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
costa del cleethorpes
October 31, 2012, 5:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Another club who think they bigger than they actually are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
aldi_01
October 31, 2012, 6:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Also another club that was once in the premier league and has been on hard times ever since...how many clubs in or have been in that league go into serious financial difficulty?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Grim up north
October 31, 2012, 8:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 1
Remember going there first game of the season ,1.1 think Ian Walsh scored for us in the last minute. It was one of my first big away games , about 16 yrs old on one of two of Arthur's busses, well single decker GCT,s. To this day still one of the craziest away days ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Marinerz93
October 31, 2012, 8:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

I live 25 miles away

I remember when I was at Marham in 98 watching on the local television station an interviewer asking people who would win the Norwich / Ipswich derby.  One of the lads she interviewed was a player and she had no idea who it was, it was indeed Kieron Dyer and his mate was laughing his head off.

Everyone seems to forget that Ipswich is one of the major reasons why points against were brought in for clubs going into administration.  A proud history but tainted with that new ground and facilities they could never afford to build.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Ipswin
October 31, 2012, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
no one further than 5 miles from Ipswich gives a monkey's about them. I bet most folks couldn't point Ipswich out on a map, let alone take an interest in their football team.
I live 25 miles away

Never mind 5 miles - I can almost see the floodlights from my house and I don't give a monkeys, I have lived here 34 yeras and I have been inside Portman Road half a dozen times I suppose - five time to see the Mariners and once to a pre-season friendly against Willem II with a Dutch friend.

I have had season ticket holding neighbours for many years who have constantly taken the p!ss about the Mariners, more so now we are non-league (and likely to remain so for years to come I fear) so I am loving the problems Ipswich are having at the moment plus they paid the father of a mate of mine 10p in the £ of what he was owed when they were in admin.

The banana-hootered Yorkshire Irishman is welcome to the job - he'll fit in well

That said dropping to League 1 didn't do Norwich any harm at all

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spare  a thought

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.