2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 30, 2012, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Home and away points and goal difference are extremely similar, neither are massively different so i would say we are extremely consistent as a team this year.
Not a bad thing at all.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
80sglory
October 31, 2012, 12:28am
Guest User
Lot of very good points on here but still think we put ourselves under pressure with slow starts.

If they can come out determined 2nd half why can't they do the same 1st ?
Surely we've got to try to whip up the crowd and try to get them onside a bit earlier ?
An early goal could work wonders all round.

That said Stockport ended in defeat so god knows, I was there but can't really remember...
Reply: 11 - 18
October 31, 2012, 10:16am
Guest User
Quoted from marinerian

So we do not want  a goal poacher? One thing we have lacked is a player who is dangerous and waits in and around the box. Get Hearn back and we could have a lethal attack.

Can we sell Elding to Preston please, I can not bear any more sitter being missed  

I wasn't criticising Hanna, just pointing out he doesn't contribute a great deal outside of the 18 yard box and suggesting the days of this kind of striker are numbered, particularly in a 4-3-3 formation.
Reply: 12 - 18
Rick12
October 31, 2012, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Maybe it is because there is too much pressure on the players at home, sometimes I can actually feel the tension in the air in the upper findus! Perhaps it doesn't do any good when one player makes one mistake and after that everything thing they do they are moaned at for, even if it is good! This is only by the minority of idiots, these are the ones putting all the tension in the air and pressure on the players!

At away games I feel there is a much more relaxed atmosphere!

That raises the question, does pressure form supporters at home really cause the players to play more caustically, not be as adventurous and possibly be scared of making a mistake? IMHO I think it shouldn't but understand why it would. I sometimes wouldn't want to play in front of the minority of people who sit in the findus, particularly the upper!
have to agree  despite a lot of the players here probably being of a decent standard for this level they are human and will feel the pressure from time to time being at a once big club with the expectation of many fans that we should at least be in league 2 or I believe league 1(where a club of this size should ideally be).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
October 31, 2012, 11:59am
Guest User
Ideally, we should be in the championship. It's where we have spent most of our 134 years, but I appreciate those days are probably gone - one look at the big clubs in that division nowadays suggests it would be tough for clubs our size to fight so far above our weight. League 1 and days out at fallen City clubs would do nicely.
Reply: 14 - 18
Dan
October 31, 2012, 12:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from pontoonlew
I think its our tactics, as much as I think we have a strong squad with a top chance of getting promoted this year, we aren't very adaptable. We have come from behind to get a point ONCE this season, that for me is not good enough.

We only know how to play one way, soaking up some pressure and hitting sides on the break with pace. Not only is that an 'away tactic' but it's also easy to find us out. Last season we just went out and battered teams but this season we've only comfortably beaten sides that have gone at us, that's not going to happen a lot at BP. It's a tactic that clearly works away from home and probably works very well against almost all the top sides in this league at home, but it really isn't going to work all season against the sides who are going to come and sit 10 men behind the ball.

For me this is the reason. We're a strong counter-attacking team and pretty good on the break, and this isn't really suited for home teams tactics.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Marinerz93
October 31, 2012, 1:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Surpised no one has touched on this, that or I have missed it.  Maybe Scott has told them that if they play excrement they are walking home  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Rick12
October 31, 2012, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93
Surpised no one has touched on this, that or I have missed it.  Maybe Scott has told them that if they play excrement they are walking home  
wouldn't put it pass him  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
MarinersOnTheUp
October 31, 2012, 3:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from Marinerz93

He will have to tell them that if they don't perform at home they'll have to walk to their next away game!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why we are better away from home

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.